April 14, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V256000
Debris lodged within the ‘Park’ mechanism may prevent the vehicle from achieving or holding ‘Park,’ increasing the risk of a vehicle rollaway and a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V256
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 23,165
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020 Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 vehicles equipped with 6.7L diesel engines. A washer within the vehicle’s transmission can disintegrate, causing metallic debris to become lodged in the ‘Park’ mechanism.
Dealers will replace a gearset within the transmission, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on May 10, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 22S22.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Super Duty||2020||Kentucky Truck||October 1, 2019 through September 21, 2020|
|Ohio||October 30, 2019 through July 23, 2020|
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In some of the affected vehicles, the pinion thrust washer within the 10R140 transmission planetary 4 carrier assembly can disintegrate, causing metallic debris to contaminate the gearset and potentially damage the gear teeth. Metallic debris can subsequently get lodged in the transmission’s mechanical park pawl mechanism and prevent the vehicle from achieving or holding park. Inability to achieve or hold park can result in unintended vehicle movement, increasing the risk of a crash.
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this safety recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers before the end of 3rd quarter 2022, when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall.
IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.
4 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice – Safety Recall 22S22 Certain 2020 Model Year Super Duty Vehicles with a 6.7L Diesel Engine and 10R140 Transmission Transmission Output Planetary Four Assembly Replacement
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V256-8793
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Latest Recalls Documents
- Geniune OEM part
- Fit type: Universal
- Package Dimensions: 11.404 L x 30.810 H x 23.012 W (centimeters)
- 5 Quart
- Provides excellent performance in electronically controlled automatic transmissions. Dyed red for easy leak detection
- Manufactured with high-viscosity index, premium-quality, hydroprocessed base oils and specially designed performance additives. Helps prevent rust and corrosion
- Provides excellent shifting characteristics at high and low ambient temperatures, and guards against transmission shudder
- Offers excellent thermal, oxidation and shear stability, as well as good low-temperature fluidity. Provides wear protection and inhibits the formation of gum, sludge, lacquer and foam
- Not for use in applications where MERCON V, MERCON SP, Continuously Variable Chain Type Transmission Fluid, Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid, FNR5 Automatic Transmission Fluid or Type F Automatic Transmission Fluid is recommended
- Product Type:WIRELESS ACCESSORY
- These are Transmission Fluids
- Item Package Weight : 2 pounds
- Item Package Dimension: 13" L x 11" W x 10" H
- Anti-wear protection for clutches, gears and pumps
- Smoother and quieter shifting
- Rust and corrosion protection
- Proper friction control for long life performance and smooth lock ups
- SUITABLE FOR USE IN 95% of ATF VEHICLES in operation with US registered light duty applications.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CONDITIONING AGENTS prolong seal elasticity to prevent leaks
- IMPROVE DURABILITY & TRANSMISSION LIFE with anti-wear technology to avoid costly repairs
- ENHANCED HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather situations
- Provides consistent shift performance for new and old GM transmissions
- Extends transmission fluid life and prevents fluid breakdown at higher operating temperatures
- Provides excellent oxidative stability under severe conditions
- Reduces sludge and varnish build-up
- For any product use or product technical questions call 1-800-TEAM-VAL
- MEETS THE CHALLENGING DEMANDS of automatic transmissions
- ENSURES SMOOTH SHIFTING AND MAXIMIZE POWER TRANSFOR with enhanced anti-shudder protection
- IMPROVES DURABILITY AND REDUCES FOAM AND OXIDATION with advanced anti-wear technology and a premium blend of base stocks
- PROVIDES BETTER OIL FLOW in both low and high temperatures
Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.