NHTSA ID Number: 10198581
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 21-2147
Some 2019-2021 Ranger vehicles may exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 and/or P0316 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This may be due to water build up in the spark plug well(s) which can lead to signs of corrosion on ignition system components. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to resolve the source of all DTCs and to install an engine appearance cover.
Issue: Some 2019-2021 Ranger vehicles may exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 and/or P0316 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This may be due to water build up in the spark plug well(s) which can lead to signs of corrosion on ignition system components. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to resolve the source of all DTCs and to install an engine appearance cover.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
- 2019-2021 Ranger
- Illuminated MIL with DTCs P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 and/or P0316 stored in the PCM
- Presence of water in one or more of the spark plug well(s) and/or signs of corrosion on ignition system components
- Engine appearance cover not installed
NOTE: Part quantity refers to the number of that service part number required, which may be different than the number of individual pieces. Service part numbers contain 1 piece unless otherwise stated. “As Needed” indicates the part is required but the number may vary or is not a whole number; parts can be billed out as non-whole numbers, including less than 1.
|Service Part Number||Quantity||Description|
|W714647-S450-B||1||Engine Appearance Cover Stud Bolt||Package Contains 4 Pieces, 2 Pieces Required|
|W520201-S450B||1||Engine Appearance Cover Nuts||Package Contains 4 Pieces, 2 Pieces Required|
|XG-3-A||As Needed||Motorcraft® Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound||–|
1. Resolve engine misfire DTCs P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, and/or P0316 per normal diagnostics outside of this article. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual. Proceed to Step 2.
5. Lubricate each grommet on the engine appearance cover with silicone brake caliper grease and dielectric compound or equivalent to aid in installation of the cover.
6. Install the engine appearance cover. (Figure 3)
7. Install and tighten the 2 engine appearance cover nuts to 10 Nm (89 in-lb). (Figure 4)
3 Affected Products
1 Associated Document
07 June 2021
- Seals, protects and insulates electrical contacts and bulbs.
- Prevents corrosion by repelling moisture, dirt and oils that can penetrate and harm electrical connections.
- Precision Tip Applicator applies a thin stream of grease directly on the work area.
- Improves electrical performance.
- Reduces arcing and voltage drop.
- Seals And Protects: Our dielectric grease is a thick, long lasting waterproof synthetic silicone lubricant (lube) that prevents oxidation, inhibits corrosion & seals out contaminants such as salt & dirt; non-melting, stable consistency from -55-570 F
- Multitude Of Uses: Silicone paste / silicone grease is perfect for a variety of automotive, electrical and marine uses and compatible with a variety of materials, including metal, rubber and plastic; prevents voltage leaks around electrical connections
- Great For Many Common Tasks: Most common uses of marine grease including changing spark plugs, lubricating brake caliper pins, lubricating and preserving rubber gaskets, O-rings, hoses, weatherstripping, etc., and fixing sluggish car windows
- Applicator Brush For Ease Of Application: Applicator brush attached inside lid at an angle; product will be clear/transparent/translucent to slightly milky-white. Please Note: Applicator brush intentionally bent to maximize reach to jar edges
- Top Quality: Produced to the highest industry standards
- 【100% SILICONE GREASE】A unique, non-curing compound used for sealing, protecting & electrical insulating. It also works excellently as a dielectric grease for spark plug grease, brake caliper pins and car windows.
- 【DIELECTRIC PROPERTY】Are you still worried that all electrical components and connectors cannot be used safely? This dielectric grease for electrical connectors is vital - has good dielectric property, easily solving your troubles.
- 【ALL-IN-ONE KIT】Premium package includes 8oz silicone paste, a straight brush, a built-in curve brush and a towel. These will allow you to apply easily, saving you valuable time. At the same time, there will be no waste of silicone grease.
- 【EXCELLENT LUBRICANT】Electrical grease lengthen the life of rubber and plastic connectors and save your money by keeping them clean, insulated and supple. It is very ideal for you to routine maintenance of these products.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】100% Full Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied when you receive spark plug grease, we will provide you a full refund or free replacement unconditionally.
- CRC INDUSTRIES: A market leader that offers impeccably designed chemical solutions to maintain, protect and repair different marine, heavy-duty motor vehicles, industrial-grade engines, household tools, and electrical equipment
- DIELECTRIC GREASE: A unique, non-curing compound used for sealing, protecting and electrical insulating. Improves electrical performance by reducing arcing and voltage drop. Also ideal for lubricating plastic and rubber. Improves electrical performance in adverse weather conditions.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: The silicone base grease improves electrical performance in adverse and severe weather conditions. It has a patented finger-actuated delivery system that provides smooth and continuous coverage.
- IDEAL APPLICATION: The dielectric grease also works well for lubricating plastic and rubber, along with electrical connectors and contacts, light bulbs and sockets, breakers, electrical panels, shore power inlets, trailer connectors, and, other electrical equipment.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: CRC Marine Dielectric Grease is available in a 3.3 wt oz. can with a Select-A-BEAD Nozzle.
- A "Must" for all electronic and standard ignitions
- Meets OEM specifications
- Works on high energy ignition systems
- Seals out moisture and corrosion
- Suggested Applications: Sensor connections, computer connections, solenoids, truck pigtails, plugs, ignition modules and coils, marine connections, lighting systems, batteries, and terminals
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: CRC
- Enables boots to be removed from spark plugs and distributor caps
- High performance, 100% silicone dielectric compound
- Works best on spark plugs, battery terminals, headlight sockets, electrical connections, etc.
- Waterproof, non-flammable, and corrosion resistant
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) specified
Last update on 2022-10-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.