|6.7L – MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P050E – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 6/10/2014|
|FORD:||2015 F-250, F-350|
2015 F-Super Duty 250/350 pickup vehicles equipped with 6.7L engine and built on or before 6/10/2014 may exhibit a MIL illuminated with DTC P050E. This condition may be associated with the powertrain control module (PCM).
- Connect Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) service tool or equivalent Scan Tool to the data link connector (DLC). Is DTC P050E stored in PCM memory?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Use IDS or Scan Tool and review freeze frame data for PCM PID IAT11. Does the PID IAT11 read -1 °C (30.2 °F)?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to PC/ED manual for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – proceed to Step 3.
- Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS or Ford J2534 release 94.01 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
NOTE: ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)