|WATER LEAK INTO THE FOOTWELL|
|FORD:||2014 Transit Connect|
2014 Transit Connect vehicles may exhibit a water leak into the driver and/or passenger side footwell.
- Is water leaking into the passenger footwell?
- Yes – check the evaporator core drain tube and reattach the evaporator core drain tube if loose. Proceed to Step 2. (Figure 1)
- No – proceed to Step 2.
- Is water leaking into both the passenger and driver foot well?
- Yes – proceed to Step 3.
- Open the hood. Refer to the circled areas. (Figures 2 and 3)
- Apply Motorcraft Seam Sealer or equivalent to the gap between the fender apron panel outer reinforcement and the A-pillar on both sides. (Figures 2A and 3A)
- Allow the sealer to dry for two hours.
- Seal the hole on the body by adding an O-ring to the instrument panel support assembly retainer, on both sides of the vehicle. (Figure 3B)
- Remove the cowl panel.
- Remove the instrument panel support assembly, both sides. (Figure 4)
- Use a PVC foam strip to cut out and fit an O-ring onto the instrument panel support assembly retainers. Inner diameter 8 mm (0.3 inches). Outer diameter 18 mm (0.7 inches). (Figure 5)
- Thoroughly clean the surface and attach foam to the retainer. (Figure 6)
|Obtain Part Locally|
|Part Number||Part Name|
|164-R4901||PVC Soft Foam Strips|
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|TA-2-B||Motorcraft Seam Sealer|