March 22, 2016
SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 15M02 – Supplement #1
Certain 2011-2015 Model Year F-Super Duty Vehicles with 6.7L Diesel Engine
Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Extended Coverage
REASON FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT
The eligibility for Title Branded / Salvaged Vehicles / Warranty Status has been updated.
This Customer Satisfaction Program supersedes 15M01 and extends the coverage of the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensors to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through October 31, 2016. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
NOTE: This program DOES NOT apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty should be claimed using the Labor Operation Codes provided in TSB 15-0054.
VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM
|Vehicle||Model Year||Engine||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-Super Duty||2011-2015||6.7L Diesel||Kentucky||Job #1 through June 27, 2014|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS.
REASON FOR PROVIDING EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE
If an affected vehicle exhibits this condition, dealers are to replace the faulty EGT sensor(s). Coverage under this program begins after the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This service must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of April 25, 2016. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that experience the condition covered by this program, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
OASIS was activated on January 14, 2016.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will not be activated for this service action.
Do not perform this program unless the affected vehicle exhibits the covered condition.
Only owners with affected vehicles that exhibit the covered condition will be directed to dealers for repairs.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES / WARRANTY STATUS
Title branded, salvaged vehicles and vehicles with cancelled warranty coverage are eligible for this program unless emission coverage is explicitly cancelled, as indicated by one of the following OASIS Warranty Cancellation Messages:
- SCRAPPED UNIT – ALL WARRANTY CANCELLED – TOTAL INCLUDING EMISSIONS
- ALL WARRANTY CANCELLED INCLUDING EMISSIONS
ADDITIONAL LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS
Submit a request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to the repair if you have any of the following:
- Damage that you believe was caused by the covered condition.
- A condition that requires additional labor and/or parts to complete the repair.
- Aftermarket equipment or non-Ford modifications to the vehicle which might prevent the repair of the covered condition.
Requests for approval after completion of the repair may not be granted. Additional related damage parts are subject to random selection for return to the Ford Warranty Parts Analysis Center (WPAC).
- Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this program if the repair was performed before the date of the Owner Notification Letter. This refund offer expires October 31, 2016.
- Dealers are also pre-approved to refund owner-paid emergency repairs that were performed away from an authorized servicing dealer after the date of the Owner Notification Letter. There is no expiration date for emergency repair refunds. Non-covered repairs, or those judged by Ford to be excessive, will not be reimbursed.
- Refunds will only be provided for the cost associated with EGT sensor replacement.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (15M02) is the sub code.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from which the FSA is claimed. Additional labor and /or parts require prior approval from the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
- Submit refunds on a separate repair line.
- Program Code: 15M02 – Misc. Expense: ADMIN
- Misc. Expense: REFUND – Misc. Expense: 0.2 Hrs.
- Multiple refunds should be submitted on one repair line and the invoice details for each repair should be detailed in the comments section of the claim.
- PROGRAM TERMS: This program extends the coverage of the EGT sensors to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this coverage will last through October 31, 2016.
- This program DOES NOT apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty should be claimed using the Labor Operation Codes provided in TSB 15-0054. If the vehicle is beyond coverage of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty and covered by an Extended Service Plan (ESP), claim repairs to this program (FSA 15M02) instead of the ESP Plan.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Diagnose and replace one EGT sensor||15M02B||0.5 Hours|
|Diagnose and replace two EGT sensors||15M02C||0.6 Hours|
|Diagnose and replace three EGT sensors||15M02D||0.8 Hours|
|Diagnose and replace four EGT sensors||15M02E||0.9 Hours|
|If required, additional time to remove and install fuel shield to access lifting points (can be claimed with operation B-E)||15M02F||0.1 Hours|
|If required (FX4 package only), additional time to remove and install fuel shield to access lifting points (can be claimed with operation B-E)||15M02G||0.3 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity|
|AC3Z-5J213-C||EGT Sensor||Up to 4|
The DOR/COR number for this program is 51022.
Order your parts requirements through normal order processing channels.
For latest prices, refer to DOES II.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Follow the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual, Section 1 “WARRANTY PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN POLICIES.”
EXCESS STOCK RETURN
Excess stock returned for credit must have been purchased from Ford Customer Service Division in accordance with Policy Procedure Bulletin 4000.
- Is DTC P0544, P0545, P0546, P06EA, P06EB, P2031, P2032, P2033, P200C, P200E, P2080, P2081, P2084, P2085, P242A, P242B, P242C, P242D, P242E, P246E, P246F, P2470, P2471, P2472, P2478, P2479, P247A and/or P247B present?
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- No – this program does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Controls and Emissions Diagnostics (PC/ED) Manual for normal diagnostics as required.
- Based on the DTCs retrieved in Step 1, replace the corresponding Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensor(s) as instructed below. Please refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-14, Engine Control Components for EGT sensor locations and replacement procedure.
- DTCs P0544, P0545, P0546, P2080, P2081, P2478 replace EGT-11.
- DTCs P2031, P2032, P2033, P2084, P2085, P2479 replace EGT-12.
- DTCs P242A, P242B, P242C, P242D, P242E, P247A replace EGT-13.
- DTCs P246E, P246F, P2470, P2471, P2472, P247B replace EGT-14.
- DTCs P06EA, P06EB, P200C and/or P200E, proceed to Step 3.
- Is DTC P200C and/or P200E stored in PCM memory with no other EGT DTCs present?
- Yes – proceed to Step 4.
- No – proceed to Step 5.
- Use Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) freeze frame data readings to confirm when DTC P200C and/or P200E were set. Replace the corresponding EGT sensor as instructed below. Please refer to the WSM, Section 303-14, Engine Control Components for EGT sensor locations and replacement procedure.
- If EGT-12 temperature is 650 °C (1202 °F) greater than EGT-11 temperature, replace EGT-12.
- If EGT-13 temperature is above 900 °C (1652 °F), replace EGT-13.
- If IDS freeze frame data shows EGT-13 temperature is 650 °C (1202 °F) greater than EGT-12 temperature, replace EGT-13.
- If EGT-14 temperature is above 900 °C (1652 °F) replace EGT-14.
- If IDS freeze frame data shows EGT14 temperature is 650 °C (1202 °F) greater than EGT-13 temperature replace EGT-14.
- Based on the DTCs retrieved in Step 1, replace the corresponding EGT sensor(s) as instructed below. Refer to the WSM, Section 303-14, Engine Control Components for EGT sensor locations and replacement procedure.
Customer Satisfaction Program 15M02
Programa de satisfacción del cliente 15M02
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 12345678901234567
At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high quality, dependable products, but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.
You may have been previously notified of Customer Satisfaction Program 15M01. This new program further extends the coverage of the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensors.
|Why are you receiving this notice?
Service Engine Soon indicator
|We are pleased to let you know that for your peace of mind, Ford Motor Company is extending the coverage on the EGT sensors in your vehicle. This increases your coverage to a total of 11 years or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date, whichever occurs first.
If your vehicle has already exceeded the time and/or mileage limits listed above, this extended coverage will last through July 31, 2016. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||If any of the four EGT sensors on your vehicle requires replacement, and your vehicle is within the indicated time/mileage limitations, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace any malfunctioning EGT sensor free of charge (parts and labor).|
|How long will it take?||If one or more EGT sensors require replacement, the time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time. Additional time may be required to allow the engine to cool prior to performing this repair. In addition, your vehicle will require an inspection to determine if parts need to be ordered.|
|What should you do?||You do not need to return to your dealer for this repair unless you have the Service Engine Soon indicator illuminated. Please keep this letter as a reminder of the extended warranty coverage for your covered component. If an EGT sensor requires replacement, and your vehicle is within the indicated time/mileage limitations, contact your dealer for a service date. Provide the dealer with the VIN of your vehicle and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 15M02. The VIN is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter. Your dealer will replace the part at no charge.
If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions.
|Have you previously paid for this repair?||If you paid to have this service done before the date of this letter, you may be eligible for a refund. Refunds will only be provided for service related to repair description. To verify eligibility and expedite reimbursement, give your paid original receipt to your dealer before July 31, 2016. To avoid delays, do not send receipts to Ford Motor Company.|
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner. You received this notice because our records indicate that you are the current owner.|
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance.
RETAIL OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.Fordowner.com.
For the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
Si necesita ayuda o tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame al Centro de Relación con Clientes al 1-866-436-7332 y presione 2 para Español.
FLEET OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our
Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, choose Option #3, and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.fleet.ford.com.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
As part of the Ford community, we appreciate your attention to this important matter and your continued loyalty.
Ford Customer Service Division