NHTSA ID Number: 10208825
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 22-2077
Some 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles equipped with a power adjustable steering column may exhibit a creaking/squeaking/grinding and/or rubbing noise while the steering column is adjusted into the tilt up or down position. This may be due to a lack of lubrication in the steering column. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to perform a grease application in the steering column.
Issue: Some 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles equipped with a power adjustable steering column may exhibit a creaking/squeaking/grinding and/or rubbing noise while the steering column is adjusted into the tilt up or down position. This may be due to a lack of lubrication in the steering column. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to perform a grease application in the steering column.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
- 2020-2022 Corsair
- Vehicles equipped with a power adjustable steering column
- Creaking/squeaking/grinding/rubbing noise while the steering column is adjusted into the tilt up or down position
|Service Part Number||Quantity||Description|
|XG-1-E1||As Needed||Motorcraft® Premium Long-Life Grease|
Parts To Replace Only If Directed By The Service Procedure To Replace The Steering Column
|Service Part Number||Quantity||Description||Unit of Issue||Piece Quantity|
|LX6Z-3C529-AB||1||Steering Column Assembly||1||1|
|W718843-S439||1||Steering Shaft Coupler Retainer||4||2|
|W718581-S442||1||Steering Column Mounting Bolt||4||1|
Quantity refers to the amount of the service part number required to repair the vehicle.
Unit of Issue refers to the number of individual pieces included in a service part number package.
Piece Quantity refers to the total number of individual pieces required to repair the vehicle.
As Needed indicates the amount of the part may vary and/or is not a whole number. Parts can be billed out as non-whole numbers, including less than 1.
3. Apply Motorcraft® Premium Long-Life Grease at the location shown in Figures 1-3 with a brush.
NOTE: Avoid applying excessive grease in the steering column that could drip down from the steering column. Using too much grease could cause a squishy noise to be heard during the steering column operation. (Figure 5-6)
5. Verify if the noise persists during steering column operation. Is the creaking/squeaking/grinding and/or rubbing noise present?
(1). Yes – proceed to Step 6.
(2). No – proceed to Step 7.
6. Repeat the greasing procedure in Steps 2-4 of this article. Is the noise still present?
(2). No – proceed to Step 7.
3 Affected Products
1 Associated Document
02 March 2022
- Patented synthetic NLGI grade 2 heavy-duty, multipurpose lubricant
- Dielectric, Food Grade, Clean
- NSF Rating H-1, safe for incidental food contact
- Will not drip, run or evaporate
- Extended service for high temperatures
- Recommended for use in off-highway and industrial applications, chassis components, and farm equipment
- Sticky formulation stays in applications longer
- Multi-Purpose Application: Heavy equipment, Automotive, Farm Equipment
- High performance grease eliminates friction and corrosion. Mobile XHP 462 Heavy Duty Grease develops strong adhesion to metal surfaces for strong stay-in-place power even in severe operating conditions
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: VALVOLINE
- Product packaging may vary
- Nlgi GC-LB certified. High-quality, multi-purpose red lithium grease for automotive, marine, shop, farm, and home use.
- Reduces friction, wear, rust, water corrosion and noise, high load-carrying capacity.
- Heavy duty multi-purpose lubricant,high load-carrying capacity.
- Extreme pressure and water properties.
- Long-lasting, heavy-duty lubricant with excellent water and heat resistance. Won’t melt, freeze, gum, or run off.
- GreaseCo HeavyDuty Grease Tub Cartridge is a Lithium Complex Red And Tacky Grease for use in High Temperature EP Applications
- Excellent Tractor Grease, Wheel Bearing Grease, Automotive Grease, Ball Joint Grease, Hitch Ball Grease, Axle Grease, Trailer Wheel Grease, Tie Rod Grease, Bushings, Bobcat Lube Points, Chassis Lubrication, Electric Motors, Gears, Plain Bearings, Presses, Roller Bearings, Steering Knuckles, Trailers, Universal Joints, Winches, And Many More!
- An All Purpose Grease Tube for Automotive, Construction, Mining, Hauling & Trucking Sectors Due To It’s Enhanced High Temperature And Extreme Pressure Properties
- 📦 Reduced Risk of Tub Arriving Damaged Due to Carrier Mishandling - A Very Common Customer Complaint Our Competitors Have Yet To Address!!! GreaseCo Tube Labels are FULLY SHRINK WRAPPED - Sealing and Securing Both Ends Reducing Loose/Broken Caps in Transit Handling. SEAL AND PEEL TUBE LABELS
- Flash point: -104.0 degrees_celsius
- A smooth, general purpose lithium 12-hydroxy stearate grease
- This is a functional general purpose grease, designed for hundreds of uses with a broad range of operating conditions at an economical cost
- Part number: 11315
- Light colored and low staining
- Very low oil separation rate
- Excellent adhesion permits it to have better "stay-ability" than most other greases
- PREMIUM ALL-PURPOSE GREASE: AtomLube All Purpose Grease combines three premium grease options (heavy-duty grease, multi-purpose grease, and marine grease) for use across an extended range of applications. Includes one 14 oz. grease tube.
- MADE IN THE USA: We proudly design and manufacture our products in the USA. You can use AtomLube All Purpose Grease with confidence, knowing that our products have been perfected for your mechanical protection.
- LONGER LASTING LUBRICATION: This general purpose grease has a high resistance to oxidation and washout to guarantee extended service life and longer lubrication intervals. It provides lasting protection during periods of extreme pressures and high temperatures.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE LUBRICANT: This powerful, waterproof grease eliminates friction and corrosion. AtomLube All Purpose Grease develops strong adhesion to metal surfaces for strong stay-in-place power even in severe operating conditions.
- NLGI CERTIFIED: Our all-purpose grease meets the National Lubricating Grease Institute (NLGI) performance classification GC-LB for automotive applications in wheel bearing and chassis grease.
- Lithium complex grease designed for multipurpose everyday applications
- Excellent grease for agriculture equipment, powersports equipment, automotive grease lube points, ball joints, bushings, chassis lubrication, electric motors, gears, plain bearings, presses, roller bearings, tie-rod ends, steering knuckles, trailers, hitch ball, universal joints, wheel bearings, winches
- Mechanics choice for automotive grease applications and truckers choice for fifth wheel (5th wheel) grease
- Superior water resistance, extreme pressure and high temperature protection suitable for scheduled maintenance greasing of journal and anti-friction bearings, chassis fittings, springs, water pumps, universal joints, non-disc brake wheel bearings, lawn mower equipment, power tools and more!
- Typical industries include automotive, car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, boat, construction, mining, drilling, and several industrial applications
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.