|BRAKES – ABS LAMP ILLUMINATED AND DTC C1235, C1236, C1237 – VEHICLES WITH DIFFERENTIAL-MOUNTED REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR|
Vehicles may exhibit an Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lamp illuminated with Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) C1235, C1236 and/or C1237 (Wheel Speed RR Input Signal Missing/Wheel Speed LR Input Signal Missing/Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Output Failure) stored in memory.
NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES TO VEHICLES WITH DTCS C1235, C1236 AND/OR C1237. FOR ALL OTHER DTC’S, REFER TO THE APPROPRIATE WORKSHOP MANUAL.
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ADVANCETRAC (STABILITY ASSIST / IVD).
- Retrieve Continuous ABS DTC(s).
- If C1235, C1236 and/or C1237 are present, turn ignition OFF and replace the differential-mounted Rear Wheel Speed Sensor.
- Raise vehicle on hoist so that the bottom of the rear differential is at head level.
- Stand slightly in front of the rear differential pinion flange, facing the rear of the vehicle ( Figure 1 ).
- Reach up and over the passenger side of the differential housing to access sensor.
- Remove the hold-down bolt and remove sensor from differential housing (3/8″ socket).
- Unlatch red locking tab on the top of the electrical connector by sliding it away from the sensor, then release connector latch and disconnect connector from sensor.
- Install new sensor and torque hold-down bolt to 27 N-m (20 lb-ft).
- Connect the electrical connector to the sensor.
NOTE: IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY TO APPLY F8AZ-19G208-AA GREASE TO THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR AS PREVIOUSLY RECOMMENDED.
- Clear Continuous ABS DTC(s).
NOTE: THE ABS SYSTEM CONFIRMS REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL INPUT BASED ON SEVERAL WHEEL REVOLUTIONS ABOVE 24 KM/H (15 MPH). DRIVE VEHICLE FOR AT LEAST 75 FEET AT OR ABOVE 15 MPH. IF WHEEL SPEED SIGNAL INPUT IS MISSING THE ABS LIGHT WILL ILLUMINATE.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|4L2Z-9E731-AA||Wheel Speed Sensor|