July 15, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V534000
Damaged electrical wires may short-circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V534
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, VISIBILITY
Potential Number of Units Affected 33,298
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Lincoln Aviator vehicles equipped with 3.0L gasoline engines. The wire harness may not be secured properly, possibly contacting the air conditioning (A/C) compressor pulley, and resulting in damage to electrical wires, or the A/C compressor drive belt.
Dealers will inspect the harness and A/C compressor belt for damage, replacing them as necessary, and install a tie strap to secure the wire harness, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on July 30, 2021. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-350 Pickup Truck||2020 – 2021||Kentucky Truck||August 6, 2020 through May 15, 2021|
REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM
In some of the affected vehicles, the rear axle tube may deform and potentially separate at the spring seat interface. This can potentially cause an axle tube leak, vibration while driving, shuddering upon acceleration, and drive shaft separation. A separated drive shaft can result in a loss of motive power while driving and unintended movement when placed in park if parking brake is not applied, increasing the risk of a crash.
Before demonstration or delivering any new in – stock vehicles involving this recall, dealers are to inspect the rear axle for damage
- If no damage is found, both spring seats will need to be reinforced with a weld per technical instructions.
- If damage is found, axle housing replacement is required. Approximately 1% of affected vehicles will require axle housing replacement. Vehicle with rear axle damage cannot be safely driven until the axle housing is replaced.
This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION AND MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner letters were mailed September 3, 2021. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
- Ford has not issued instructions to stop selling/delivering or driving used vehicles under this safety Owners should contact their dealer for an appointment to have their vehicles remedied as soon as practicable. Owners can continue to safely drive their vehicles.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
- Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle inventory.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this service action.
- This safety recall must still be performed, even if the owner has paid for a previous repair. Claiming a refund will not close the recall on the vehicle.
- Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this recall if the repair was performed prior to the date indicated in the reimbursement plan, which is posted with this bulletin. Owners are directed to seek reimbursement through authorized dealers or, at their option, directly through Ford Motor Company at P.O. Box 6251, Dearborn, MI 481216251.
- Refunds will only be provided for the cost associated with rear axle spring seat damage.
If axle housing fails inspection the vehicle is not safe to drive. Rentals will only be reimbursed for the day(s) the axle housing parts are not available. Prior approval is required from the SSSC. Contact the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site for consideration and approval if appropriate. Follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for dollar amounts. Rentals are approved for personal use only.
|Part Number||Description Inspection Passes – 4 U-bolts 8 nuts 2 shock bolts 2 shock nuts per repair||Order Quantity||Claim Quantity|
|W500764-S439||Shock Bolts (4 in pkg, 2 req for repair)||1||2|
|W520115-S440||Shock Nuts (4 in pkg, 2 req for repair)||1||2|
|HC3Z-5705-E||U Bolts (1 in pkg, 4 req for repair) Tremor||4||4|
|N620485-S441||U Bolt Nuts (4 in pkg, 8 req for repair)||2||8|
|BC3Z-5705-H||U Bolts (1 in pkg, 4 req for repair) All F250-F350 (4×2)||4||4|
|BC3Z-5705-D||U Bolts (1 in pkg, 4 req for repair) F-250 ONLY||4||4|
|BC3Z-5705-N||U Bolts (1 in pkg, 4 req for repair) F-350 (4×4)||4||4|
|BC3Z-5705-C||U Bolts (1 in pkg, 4 req for repair) F-350 (4×4)
N superseded C both can be used on 4×4 vehicles
|Part Number||Description Inspection Fails – Parts below plus 4 Ubolts 8 nuts 2 shock bolts 2 shock nuts per table above.||Order Quantity||Claim Quantity|
|F1HZ-4N272-A||Pinion Flange Bolts (1in pkg. 4 req for repair)||4||4|
|E4HZ-4A254-A||Pinion Flange Straps (1 in pkg 2 req for repair)||2||2|
|HC3Z-00812-B||Caliper Bolts (4 in pkg 8 req for repair)||2||8|
|W500634-S439||Sway Bar Bracket Bolts (4 in pkg 4 req for repair)||1||4|
|HC3Z-383609-A||Pinion Nut Washer||1||1|
|HC3Z-4561-B||Pinion Bearing Cone||1||1|
|HC3Z-4616-A||Tail Bearing Cup||1||1|
|HC3Z-4630-A||Head Bearing Cone||1||1|
|HC3Z-4628-A||Head Bearing Cup||1||1|
|LC3Z-4663-A||Pinion Bearing Shim||1||1|
|HC3Z-4010-H||Housing (ELD) Electronic Locking Differential||1||1|
|HC3Z-4010-G||Housing (STD) Standard Housing||1||1|
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity||Claim Quantity|
|PM-13 A||PM-13-A Anti-Corrosion Coating.||Claim as MISC OTHER up to $5.00|
|Obtain Locally||.035” Welding Wire|
|XY-75W140-QL||Synthetic Rear Axle Lubricant||4||4|
|TA-29||Ultra-Silicone Sealant – RTV||1||1|
4. Visually inspect the rear of the leaf seat spring bracket for damage (rips or breaks in the metal or welds) and to see if the leaf spring seat bracket is pulling away from the rear axle housing assembly. See Figure 1.
No – Further inspection is required, proceed to Step 6.
6. Using a 0.002″ feeler gage measure the gap along the rear of the leaf spring seat bracket to the rear axle housing assembly. Is the gap greater than 0.002″ on either the LH or RH side? See Figure 2.
- Torque: 177 lb.in (20 Nm)
- Torque: 159 lb.in (18 Nm)
- Torque: 159 lb. in (18 N m)
5. Position a safety stand at the front of the vehicle.
6. Using a suitable lifting device support the rear axle housing assembly. See Figure 6.
7. Remove and discard the lower rear shock absorber nuts and bolts. See Figure 7.
- Torque: 111 lb.ft (150 Nm)
Stage 1: 48 lb.ft (65 Nm)
Stage 2: 96 lb.ft (130 Nm)
10. If needed, blow off the joint with air, or wipe with rag or brush.
11. Verify weld setting recommendations and ground attachments.
- Axle tube thickness is 4mm.
- Wire size is 0.035″.
- Follow the settings provided with the welding machine to be used.
NOTICE: To weld the left side leaf spring bracket, attach the ground to the left side shock bracket. To weld the right side leaf spring bracket, attach the ground to the right side shock bracket. Failure to do so may cause damage to the rear axle internal components.
14. Remove protective covers. See Figure 10.
15. Clean new welds to allow for proper paint adhesion.
18. Remove masking.
19. Check for proper paint coverage.
20. Reverse removal steps to reinstall rear axle housing assembly.
NOTE: The following step only applies if U-Bolt # HC3Z-5705-E is used on non-Tremor vehicles.
21. After torquing the U-bolts, measure 13 mm (0.51 in) from the top of the U-bolt nut towards the end of the U-bolt and cut the U-bolt. Make sure to remove any burs, debris or sharp edges from the U-bolt after cutting. See Figure 12.
NOTE: Left Hand (LH) shown, Right Hand (RH) similar.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY PROVIDES DETAILS ON THREE SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA
DEARBORN, Mich., July 16, 2021 — Ford Motor Company today announced details of three safety recalls in North America.
Safety recall for certain 2020-2021 Ford F-350 Super Duty vehicles with 6.7-liter engine and single rear wheel axle for a rear axle housing spring seat interface weld issue
Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 34,939 Ford F-350 Super Duty vehicles with 6.7-liter engine and single rear wheel axle for a rear axle housing spring seat interface weld issue.
Affected vehicles may experience rear driveline disconnection. Customers may experience vibration and/or shaking while driving at highway speeds, and/or shuddering upon acceleration. In the event of a disconnected driveshaft, customers may experience loss of motive power while driving or loss of transmission park function if the parking brake is not applied, increasing the risk of a crash.
This action affects 34,855 vehicles in North America, with the remaining balance in Ford’s International Markets Group. Vehicles were built at Kentucky Truck Plant between Aug. 6, 2020 and May 15, 2021.
Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.
Owner notifications will begin the week of Aug. 16. Dealers will inspect rear axle to determine if deformation is present. If the axle is deformed, the axle housing will be replaced. If axle is not deformed, the dealer will perform a weld repair on the spring seats. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S31.
Safety recall for select 2013-2017 Ford Explorer vehicles that may experience a seized cross-axis ball joint
Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 774,696 2013-2017 Ford Explorer vehicles that may experience a seized cross-axis ball joint that may cause a fractured rear suspension toe link. Affected vehicles may experience a clunk noise, unusual handling, or a misaligned rear wheel. Fracture of a rear toe link significantly diminishes steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
This action affects approximately 676,152 vehicles in North America, 59,935 in China, 25,257 in Ford’s International Markets Group, 13,162 in Europe and 190 in South America. In the U.S., the affected vehicles are located in high-corrosion states as defined by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or in regions with a combination of cold winter weather with relative high humidity and substantial road salt use.
Vehicles were built at Chicago Assembly Plant between Sept. 4, 2012 and Sept. 30, 2017, and Elabuga Assembly Plant in Russia between Jan. 28, 2013 and July 28, 2017.
Ford is aware of six allegations of injury related to this condition in North America.
Owner notifications will begin the week of Aug. 23. Dealers will inspect the cross-axis ball joint, replace the cross-axis ball joint/knuckle as necessary, and replace the toe links with a revised design part. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S32.
Safety recall for select 2020-2021 Lincoln Aviator vehicles equipped with 3.0-liter gas engines for improperly secured battery cable wire harnesses
Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 40,995 2020-2021 Lincoln Aviator vehicles equipped with 3.0-liter gas engines because the battery cable wire harness may not be properly secured, allowing contact with the A/C compressor pulley. Over time, the A/C pulley may rub through the wire harness insulation and contact the unfused battery positive (B+) circuit, resulting in a short circuit and potential fire.
This action affects approximately 36,258 vehicles in North America, 2,601 in Ford’s International Markets Group, and 2,136 in China.
Vehicles were built at Chicago Assembly Plant between June 19, 2019 and Jan. 5, 2021.
Ford is not aware of any accidents, injuries or fires related to this concern.
Owner notifications will begin the week of July 30. Dealers will inspect the vehicle, and:
- If there is no evidence that the battery cable has contacted the A/C compressor pulley, they will add a tie strap near the frame rail between the battery cable harness and the engine compartment harness.
- If any of the small gauge circuits are damaged, dealers will add a tie strap near the frame rail between battery cable and engine compartment harnesses and replace the A/C compressor belt.
- If any of the four large gauge circuits are damaged, dealers will inspect the wire harness and replace the battery cable harness and will also add a tie strap near frame rail between battery cable harness and engine compartment harnesses and replace the A/C compressor belt.
The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S34.
2 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V534-9924
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V534-7938
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Notification re NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 21S31 Certain 2020 – 2021 Model Year F-350 Pickup Trucks Equipped with 6.7L Diesel Engine and Single Rear Wheel Axle Supplement #4 Spring Seat WeldRCMN-21V534-6576
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4RCLQRT-21V534-8906
Recall 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V534-4350
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【100% New】:Perfect replacement for original negative battery cable.
- 【OEM Style】:Original equipment performance and safety standards.
- 【Easy to Install】: Just need to remove your original negative cable and install the new battery cable.
- 【Replacement Part Number】: AV6Z-10C679-P,AV6Z-10C679-M, AV6Z-10C679-N, AV6N-10C679-BC, AV6N-0C679-BG.
- 【Compatibillity】: Compatible with Ford Focus 2012-2018 and Ford Escape 2013-2019.
- Replace part# : AV6Z-10C679-M丨AV6Z-10C679-N丨AV6Z-10C679-P丨AV6N-10C679-BC丨AV6N-0C679-BG
- Compatible With: 2012-2018 Ford Focus 丨2013-2019 Ford Escape
- Made of high quality material,it is durable and stable for long life service, this is good replacement product
- Easy to install: Direct replacement of old parts.You can learn how to install by watching youtube, or ask a professional for help
- Warranty: For any reason, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly. We offer half a year warranty, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Product Type: Auto Part
- Package Quantity: 1
- Package Dimensions: 4.6 cms (L) x 11.8 cms (W) x 25.8 cms (H)
- Country Of Origin: Mexico
- GET ON THE WATER
- Part number: 00293
- Included components: MARINE ACCESSORIES
- Package Dimensions: 3.556 L x 21.082 H x 7.62 W (centimeters)
- Terminal Set!! NEW BT4Z-14450-SD POSITIVE Battery Terminal & NEGATIVE BT4Z-14450-BA
- OEM Automotive Grade - Easy to Install - Includes 3 6mm Auxiliary Posts with Nuts for wire hook up
- Crimping Capacity to 2 AWG Cable - Heat Shrink Included
- Excellent, Cost effective part to replace corroded terminal for All Super Duty Vehicles 1500 2500 3500 Silverado Rangers and others
- Do a Complete Battery Terminal Replacement to improve your vehicle's performance - Save $$ too
- Vehicle Application - Negative battery cable compatible with Ford Focus 2012 - 2018, fit for Ford Escape 2013 -2019
- Negative Battery Cable Replace # - Negative battery cable replace AV6Z-10C679-P AV6Z10C679P. Engineered for long lasting performance, durability, and dependability
- Function - When the performance signal of the battery current sensor is abnormal or invalid, there will be a recording failure of the engine control unit, emergency operation of the power management, failure of the start-stop device of the transmitter, and timely replacement of the sensor will solve the above problems. In addition to checking the abnormality of the sensor, it is still necessary to detect the circuit, whether the control unit is faulty
- Easy to Install - After the intelligent battery sensor is installed on the battery terminal, screwed to the ground terminal and plugged in the signal line, just need to remove your original negative cable and install the new battery cable, the function is completely good immediately, and the basic parameters, current, voltage and temperature can be called immediately.
- High Quality + Service - All wire leads are automotive grade gauge to insure a good connection for the most harshest environments. and you will get a negative battery cable current volt sensor. We offer negative battery cable 12 month service, any questions about negative battery cable, please contact us by email, we will reply you within 12 hours.
- NEW 7T4Z-14450-AF POSITIVE Battery Terminal
- OEM Automotive Grade - Easy to Install - Includes 1 6mm Auxiliary Post with Nut for cable hook up
- Crimping Capacity to 4 AWG Cable - Heat Shrink Included
- Excellent, Cost effective part to replace corroded terminal for many vehicles including Taurus Fiesta Focus Rangers and others
- Heavy 2/0 battery-to-battery for improved conductivity.
- Heavy 2/0 battery to starter for easier cranking
- Heavy 2/0 battery-to-engine negative wires for improved grounding.
- Military terminals, covers, loom and installation extras
- Proudly made in America. Family owned. We've been building hard-to-find cables for the automotive enthusiast since 2004
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.