NHTSA ID Number: 10166604
Manufacturer Communication Number: Continental_HPS_
A loss of electrical connection, which may result in loss of engine power.
1 Affected Product
› 28th of June 2019, Continental determined about detached connector on GDI06
› Part was found during End Of Line test
› Serial number of the part and production date in Trutnov is G61817730D
› Part was produced in Trutnov 26th of June 2018
› Fuel Rail Assembly in NPN was done 29th September 2018
› Second group of sensors found in external warehouse with detached connector
Part analysis (destructive test )
› Metal ring inspection
› Small remains of glue inside metal ring
› No visible glue residues on the outside of the ring
NOK – Small remains of glue on the whole ring
Standart condition of glue in TRU
A fluid (or vapour) has attacked the glued joint and caused failure.
The bond between glue and steel ring is primarily a chemical bond at the passivation layer on the metal surface. It can be destroyed chemically by certain fluids if they get into the joint. This scenario is proven. The glue material is not harmed; only the atomic bonding between the glue material and the steel’s passivation-layer material.
Chemical attack is highly temperature dependant, faster at high temps. For some fluids the rate of attack is only significant above a certain temperature. To progress through the full 4 mm thickness of the band of glue takes time. In other words, the right metric is ‘[email protected]”.
Finally there will be an entire dis-bond of the glue leaving a clean ring (which we see here). Therefore the presence of a disruptive fluid (or vapour) is an essential pre-requisite for this failure mode. There are several hypotheses about what this fluid or vapour could be and where it came from.
|Hypothetical fluids or vapours causing the failure|
|A||A unique (but unidentified) fluid used by NPN (but not in Pisa and TRU) during manufacture of the rail assembly or maintaining the machines|
|B||The calibration fluid (called Cal-fluid) used in production process by Trutnov when adjusting the sensor’s Pressure transfer-function. Memo; previously considered harmless to the bond but hypothetically harmful at excegtionallt high values of ‘[email protected]’.|
|C||A mixture of Cal-fluid and the Acetone used by NPN to clean reworked rails|
Weaknesses of Hypothesis A and B
Hypothesis A; Damage by a fluid in NPN
(1) Do NPN use such a fluid and can it contaminate the sensor?
(2) Was there a change? Was this fluid a recent addition to the process?
Hypothesis B; Damage by the Cal fluid used in TRU
(1) Is it plausible that Fuel Rails transported from PISA experience lower [email protected] than from NPN ?
(2) What is different about the summer 2019 compared to previous summers?
Countermeasures & Risk Assessment
It is not possible to make a sensible assessment without knowing what is the problem fluid.
For example, the assessment would different if it were Trutnov’s Cal. fluid (which has been used all of the last 4 years) compared to if it were a fluid used in NPN which was introduced more recently.
So top priority is to identify the fluid.
100% capable automatic 100N test before delivery out of Trutnov Introduction of Overmold connector as Final corrective action due date cw40.
1 Associated Document
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN:The included adapters, hoses and fittings cover all fuel injection systems and most cars and trucks world wide!
- IDEAL FOR MECHANICS:Fuel Injection Pump Pressure / Oil Combustion Spraying Pressure Gauge Teste
- DURABLE: Designed for repeated use with high quality materials
- A MONEY-SAVING TOOL: Save hundreds of dollars on fuel injection tester kit.
- Measuring range: 0-140psi (0-10 bar)
- OTC's Fuel Pressure Test Kit quickly and easily locates any malfunctioning fuel system component - fuel filters, pressure regulators, fuel lines, and fuel pumps - without removing it from the vehicle
- Large, easy to read gauge features an impact resistant rubber encased housing
- 0-100 psi, 0-700 kPa
- High quality solid brass fittings, hose, and tubing for long lasting performance and reliability
- Convenient pressure relief valve allows for safe, clean testing
- FITS MOST VEHICLES: Comes with an instruction, a complete kit including adapters, hoses & fittings, covers all fuel injection systems and most cars & trucks world wide, suitable for Chrysler, Ford, GM Jeep, Nissan, Toyota & more gasoline cars.
- DURABLE: The material of the fuel pressure tester kit consists of Copper, Rubber, ABS Plastic, Iron, and Aluminum; And the gauge is equipped with a shockproof cover and a hook, which is under great protect and convenient maneuverability; Whole kit packed in a molded case making it easy to store and organize the equipment.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: With a scale of 0-140 PSI /0-10 bar scale, the versatile fuel pressure gauge kit boasts dual dials for accurate reading and great precision. Designed with a pressure release valve to relieve the pressure and fuel safely, also allows checking for sufficient fuel flow.
- SAVE YOUR TIME: A time saving quick coupler connection at the end of he gauge hose makes a speedy and efficient couple possible with most adapters.
- LIFE-TIME WARRANTY: Orion Motor Tech pursue outstanding quality and service, only have point of departure, there is no terminal point. If you are not satisfied with this product or if you have any question, please feel free to contact us! Please kindly ask customer service or see the fitting size if not sure the adapters are proper for your vehicle, thank you!
- Actron's Fuel Pressure Tester Kit works on most domestic fuel injected vehicles having a Schrader valve test port on the fuel rail
- Use on the following: Ford high pressure central fuel injection and GM, Ford, and Chrysler multi-port fuel injection - multi-port means one fuel injector per cylinder
- Tests: fuel pump check valves (leak down test), fuel pressure regulators, weak fuel pumps, fuel line integrity (clogged or damaged fuel filters), leaking injectors
- Kit includes: large easy-to-read 2-1/2 inch gauge with standard (0-100 psi) and metric (0-700kPa) scales, Ford fuel line adapter, solid brass fittings, & pressure relief valve for safe, clean testing
- Note: GM Throttle Body Injection (TBI) vehicles require the GM TBI Adapter 0180-000-1465 or Professional Fuel Pressure Tester Kit CP7838
- Dual Dial For Accurate Reading, With A 140 PSI /10 Bar Scale
- Deluxe Manometer Fuel Injection Pressure Tester Gauge Kit
- Set comes in a specially designed molded case to make storage easy and organized.
- A time saving quick coupler connection at the end of he gauge hose makes a speedy and efficient couple possible with most adapters.
- The included adapters, hoses and fittings cover all fuel injection systems and most cars and trucks world wide!
- TEST INJECTOR SYSTEM FUEL PUMPS: The new and improved ABN Comprehensive Universal Fuel Pressure Tester Master Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit is a complete fuel test gauge package that quickly tests the fuel pump pressure on injector systems
- NEW & IMPROVED: High-quality fuel pressure gauge hose replacements have been improved with implanted fiber; Fitted with quick coupling system and pressure release valve fitting with long drain hose to prevent inadvertent discharge of fuel while testing and to allow for safe recovery of fuel; Fuel injection pressure gauge displays reading 0-100 PSI and 0 to 7 Bar
- FITS YOUR VEHICLE: Automotive fuel pressure test kit adapters fuel gauge kit has all necessary fittings to attach to a pressurized system; Will work on any vehicle as long as it has a Schrader test port fuel injection system or as long as you can splice an inline connection; Recommended for older low-pressure systems with mechanical fuel pumps; Not compatible with Bosch, CIS-Jetronic, or GM throttle body systems
- EASY STORAGE: Heavy-duty 2.3” x 12.8” x 11” inch (5.8cm x 32.5cm x 27.9cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization of each component of this fuel injection pressure kit
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: Fuel tester kit gas pressure test gauge package is a comprehensive kit of adapters and fittings; Comes with flex hoses, fittings, and instructions for quick reference; Includes Brass 1/8"-27 NPTx1/4"-18NPT, Brass 1/4" Barbed x 1/4"-18NPT, Aluminum 1/4" & 3/8 Barbed x 1/8-24NPT, 3 Rubber Hoses 1/4" x 2.5" L, 3/8" x 3.0" L
- This Fuel Pressure Tester is designed for fuel injected systems
- Measures the available fuel pressure with engine running on or off
- Features 6-ft hose to aid reaching any test point
- Handy pouch for storing gauge and adapters and features adaptors to fit most domestic and import applications
- 2½" gauge with 0-100 psi/0-700 kPa scales for accurate measurements
- FITMENT TYPE FOR JIFETOR FUEL INJECTION GAUGE: The car fuel pressure diagnostic test kit is suitable for most vehicles with gasoline/gas engine fuel injection pump system (except for Bosch, CIS Jetronic, Throttle Body Systems on GM vehicles), not for diesel high pressure injection pump or direct-injection engine, due to the fuel gauge's low pressure range. Testing fuel pressure is an essential part of the troubleshooting process of fuel injection system.
- CONNECTIONS FOR TU-114 FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE TOOL KIT: The set is equipped with various fittings and hoses to connect for testing. 15"L hose is used for hooking up directly to the 1/4" SAE standard schrader valve on fuel pump, 8"L hose for M6 fuel pressure test port, and there are also M8/M10/M12/M14 adapters for the corresponding test port on fuel rail. The aluminum tee help to splice in-line between the fuel pump and engine for most vehicles.
- FUEL PRESSURE TEST KIT: Pressure gauge adopts rubber cover protected 3-1/2" large dial with 0-140psi/0-10bar range and dual color coded scale for easy reading. The hoses use rubber nylon resin material, and the build-in nylon can strengthen the hose with increased stress resistance. The pressure relief valve and 16"L fuel drain hose help to release pressure safely and recovery fuel easily. Blow molding case keeps everything in place and protects the gauges during storage.
- CHECK FUEL INJECTOR PUMP PRESSURE: The pressure gauge is designed for checking fuel injection pump pressure and fuel flow easily and quickly. You can compare the pressure value to the manufacturer's recommended reference range, aid to diagnose gasoline engine fuel system. Low fuel pressure can be caused by kink/leak/clog on inlet supply side components, a bad fuel pump or regulator, low tank pressure. High fuel pressure may be caused by a bad fuel pressure regulator or kinked outlet return line.
- SATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE: 30 days full refund with returned undamaged JIFETOR product. Any quality related problem in 1 year, we will replace the fittings for free or refund. Any question, please feel free to contact us by email or amazon message system, we will reply ASAP in 24 hours. Please check if the kit fits for your vehicles or not before biding or as soon as receiving, if not, please return for full refund, or contact us for help if overtime.
- PARAMETER---Double Scale Gauge:0-7bar,0-100psi.Three size adapters :6.30mm(SAE 1/4)7.89mm(SAE 5/16)9.49mm(SAE 3/8).
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN ---Used on any engine you need to read fuel psi on.Helps identify and diagnose low fuel pressure, a faulty fuel pressure regulator, leaking injectors, fuel leaks, and clogged fuel filters.
- WELL MADE---High quality brass connectors and Corrosion resistant rubber hose.Will last a long time.
- NOTE---Never use this Fuel Pressure Tester Kit on Diesel engines!
- WARRANTY----18 MONTHS Limited Warranty.
- The fuel pressure tester has all necessary fittings to attach to any kind of pressurized system; Will work on most vehicles which has a Schrader test port fuel injection system or you can splice an inline connection
- The Fuel pressure tester can quickly indicate if fuel pump is defective or inconsistent in pressure flow and set to your motor / car, get accurate readings in valves, piston rings, cylinder bores or head gaskets
- Easy to install and get the pressure readout. Durable plastic blow-molded case to protect components and provide easy transport and organization
- Provide with accurate readings（0-140PSI）
- Made of high quality material (Brass, Steel, Rubber, Plastic), rugged and long-lasting, the size of all Fittings is in the instruction below
Last update on 2020-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API