NHTSA ID Number: 10160816
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB19-2168
Some 2018-2019 EcoSport vehicles equipped with a 1.0L EcoBoost engine and an automatic transmission may exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp(MIL) with multiple diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) relating to loss of power or misfire conditions. This may be due to a chafing condition on the engine control harness that is routed between the transmission and exhaust heat shield. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to repair the wiring harness and move the heat shield away from the harness.
2 Affected Products
Issue: Some 2018-2019 EcoSport vehicles equipped with a 1.0L EcoBoost engine and an automatic transmission may exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp(MIL) with multiple diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) relating to loss of power or misfire conditions. This may be due to a chafing condition on the engine control harness that is routed between the transmission and exhaust heat shield. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to repair the wiring harness and move the heat shield away from the harness.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
- 2018-2019 EcoSport
- 1.0L EcoBoost engine
- Automatic transmission
- DTCs relating to loss of power or misfire conditions stored in the PCM including but not limited to P0743, P0C27, P0301, P0300
|Obtain Locally||Aluminum Tape||1|
|Wire splice kit 164-R5903|
- Inspect the routing of the engine control harness between the transmission and the exhaust heat shield. (Figure 1)
- Is there evidence of contact between the harnesses and exhaust heat shield? (Figure 2)
(1). Yes - proceed to Step 3.
(2). No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM) for normal diagnostics.
- Inspect the harness for damaged wiring and repair the circuits as necessary. (Figure 3)
- Insulate the harness where a repair was performed using heat resistant aluminum tape. (Figure 4) Figure 4
- When reinserting the harness back into position, make sure that a gap is present between the harness and exhaust heat shield by positioning the heat shield away from the harness and toward the exhaust using an appropriate tool. (Figure 5)
Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|2018-2019 EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost: Retrieve DTCs, Inspect, Repair And Insulate Wire|
Harness Includes Time to Verify Routing (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
28 May 2019
- 2 INCH BY 70 Yards - 33% MORE THAN THE COMPETITION! - Made in a Beautiful Silver Metal Finish.
- INCREDIBLY RESISTANT - Easily Resists Moisture, UV Rays, Flames, Chemicals, and Performs well in any type of Weather!
- PERFECT FOR SEALING AIR DUCTS - Designed to easily seal HVAC Air Ducts as well as another other Hot or Cold Intakes.
- STICKS TO ANY SURFACE - Designed for HVAC but easily sticks to any type of finish, just ensure surface is clean of debris.
- MANUFACTURER MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you're ever unsatisfied with the product the Manufacturer will refund your order. No Questions Asked! TapePlus is a USA Company with US Based Customer Support!
- Professional / Industrial Grade: High-quality, high tensile strength aluminum foil coated in epoxy resin with strong, cold-weather solvent acrylic adhesive set on a easy-release silicone paper liner to preserve the adhesive and provide ease of use
- Wide Variety Of Uses: Ideal for an array of uses, including general repair, sealing hot and cold air ducts (excellent HVAC tape), duct insulation systems, sealing aluminum, stainless and plastic seams / joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc.
- Holds Up: Designed to resist flame, moisture / vapor, UV degradation, odor, weather and smoke transmission. Excellent for both indoor and outdoor use. Chemically resistant, thermally conductive (helping cooling/heating efficiency), heat and light reflective
- Sticks To Virtually Anything At High And Low Temperatures: Our aluminum foil tape provides a durable bond at low and high temperatures. Conformable backing and pressure sensitive adhesive means it is designed to adhere properly to a variety of smooth and irregular surfaces
- Lots Of Tape Means A Great Value: 1.9 inches wide x 150 feet (50 yards). 1.7 mil foil and 1.7 mil backing. Performs from -20 F to 220+ F. Ensure that surface is clean, dry, free of grease, oil or other contaminants before applying aluminum tape
- THICKER: 3.9 mil / 0.1mm foil tape. Metal glosses, good insulation. The metal duct tape is too thin is easy to break, and too thick is difficult to fit the pipe surface. The thickness of 3.9mil is moderate for use. So foil tape of 3.9mil is not easy to break and is your best choice.
- MORE STICKY: Our aluminum foil tape is made of premium pressure-sensitive adhesive. Persistent adhesion is provided at low and high temperatures. (Long-term temperature resistance: 120℃, Short-term temperature resistance: 130℃) UV resistant, moisture resistant, heat resistant and show good performance in any type of weather.
- EASY TO SEPARATE: Due to the thicker foil and paper. Our HVAC tape is easier to strip the edges with a slight tear. The aluminum tape itself does not wrinkle and curl and is easier to work and saves you time. Paste more firmly, tear off more easily, leave no trace without residual glue.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Aluminum foil tape is suitable for smooth flat and irregular surfaces. It is generally used for sealing hot and cold air ducts (excellent HVAC duct tape), pipe insulation systems, sealing aluminum, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc. Extensive applicability to meet your daily needs.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 Roll aluminum tape (2 inches x 65 feet), our 7*24 friendly customer services for peace of mind.
- Strong in Any Setting – Install heat resistant aluminum foil tape that’s built to take a beating in extreme places. Your waterproof, flame-retardant tape can handle temperatures from -22°F to 250°F.
- Extra Thick Durability – Improve air system efficiency and enjoy clean installs with 3.6 mil HVAC tape. Your extra-thick tape insulates better and is more resistant to tearing than flimsy competitors.
- Silver Tape, Golden Savings – Save big on monthly utility bills and feel more comfortable. Achieve consistent temperature control and a diminished carbon footprint with your well-sealed HVAC system.
- Lasting Adhesive Strength – Use insulating tape with serious staying power. Press down on your pressure-sensitive tape and walk away from the job site with assurance that it will stay down and not peel up.
- Join the Lockport Family – Put your trust in us and we’ll bring you professional-grade duct sealing tape, excellent customer service, and a full line of other tapes to meet your handy needs.
- Made of durable aluminum foil, this high-tack foil tape adheres to surfaces to form an immediate seal and easily conforms to fit joints and corners. Our high quality, high tensile strength premium aluminum tape has the advantage of strong, cold resistance.
- The HVAC Foil Tape prevents moisture and dust from the sound muffler joints and prevents butyl from escaping from the seams.
- The silver aluminum tape is composed of a foil and a special adhesive layer with a protective release liner. We use water resistant non acrylic glue., unlike conventional tape.
- High Temperature Resistant Foil Tape is great for most weather conditions and at a wide variety of temperatures. Thermal conductivity helps cooling and heating efficiency, improving efficiency in systems.
- Aluminum Duct tapes are widely used for sealing hot and cold air ducts (quality HVAC tape), insulating aluminum duct pipes, aluminum alloy seals, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc. A wide range of applicability to meet your daily needs.
- PACKAGE CONTAINS: 1 roll of adhesive aluminum foil tape
- SIZE: 4 inches x 55 yards (164 ft)
- QUALITY PRODUCT: GTSE aluminum foil tape performs consistently over a wide temperature range (+5°F to +158°F). A high tack acrylic adhesive creates an air tight, waterproof seal on application.
- VERSATILE: Can be applied in most weather conditions and easily conforms to irregular surgaces. Flame, water and UV resistant.
- APPLICATION: Perfect for joining and sealing insulation, repairs, ducting and pipework.
- 【Characteristic of Reflective Aluminum Foil Tape】Adhesive Insulating foil Suitable for flat and irregular surfaces, and corners are available. Conformable backing and pressure sensitive adhesive makes this aluminum duct tape ideal for vents and ducting.
- 【Characteristics】The thickness of our foil tape is 3.9mil (about 0.1mm) and the thickness of 3.9mil is moderate for use. A THICKNESS LESS THAN 3.9mil foil tape will be easy to be broke, or curl to a roll, paste itself, meanwhile, you will annoy at its difficulty to take the back paper out. However, if it is TOO THICK, the flexibility is not so good, and it's easy to imagine that it will be difficult to fit irregular surfaces of air duct, and it's easy to scratch your finger just like a knife.
- 【Daily Use】Wide applicability, generally used for sealing hot and cold air ducts (quality HVAC tape), insulating aluminum duct pipes, aluminum alloy seals, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc. A wide range of applicability to meet your daily needs.
- 【Adhesive Aluminum Foil】 Our high quality, high tensile strength premium aluminum tape has the advantage of strong, cold resistance, that equips with flexible and suitable thickness of aluminum foil and industrial grade adhesive liner. Super sticky makes your use more convenient.
- 【High Temperature Resistant Tape】Withstands extreme temperature from -20°C to 180°C. Good for both indoor and outdoor use. Resists flame, thermally conductive, moisture, weather, some chemicals and smoke transmission, corrosion and rusty resistant.
- Multi-purpose foil tape for a variety of applications
- Nominal 1.8 mil aluminum foil is excellent for use on fibrous and sheet metal ducts
- Cold weather acrylic adhesive is specifically designed to bond and seal in temps as low as -10°F/-23°C
- Flexible foil conforms well to curved or irregular surfaces
- Hand tearable and easy to install on site without special tools or application methods
- Adhesive Tape: this foil tape with aggressive rubber adhesive sticks well to most surfaces. The vapor shielding tape also adheres to irregular surfaces, irrespective of the weather conditions
- Applications: the silver aluminum tape can be used for shielding, patching, seaming, and sealing to protect the materials from moisture, heat, odor, and chemical transmission. It is ideal for use in repair tasks
- Temperature Friendly: the odor resistant tape meets American UL-723 standards for flame spread and smoke. The rubber adhesive tape dissipates excess heat and ensures heating and cooling efficiency of sensitive materials
- Multipurpose Tape: this adhesive foil tape works suitably well in general, commercial, and industrial applications. It can be used for aluminum seams and joints, sheet metals, fibrous and metal ducts, and aluminum backed duct boards
- Specifications: this silver foil tape measures 1 in. in width, 5 yd. in length, and weighs 0.32 oz. The paper-lined tape can sustain -10 deg. – 180 deg. temperature
Last update on 2022-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API