|TSB 15-0002||3.5L GTDI – COLD NO START AFTER USING BLOCK HEATER – TEMPERATURES BELOW -15 °C (0 °F)|
|Publication Date: January 14, 2015|
This article supersedes TSB 14-0077 to update the Service Procedure.
Some 2011-2014 F-150 vehicles equipped with 3.5L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit a hard to start or no start condition after using the block heater when temperatures are below -15 °C (0 °F).
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Is the vehicle equipped with a heater in the thermostat housing? Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-03.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
- Install the immersion block heater and harness kit. Refer to the instruction sheet included in the kit.
- It is not necessary to remove the left hand turbocharger assembly.
- Use special tool 303-1638 to install the immersion block heater.
Recommend to the customer that they plug the block heater in at temperatures at or below -15 °C (0 °F) to improve cold starting.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DL3Z-6D008-A||Immersion Block Heater Kit|
|VC-3-B||Motorcraft Orange Antifreeze/Coolant Concentrated|
|150002A||2011-2014 F-150 3.5L GTDI: Remove The Existing Cooling System Heater And Install Immersion Block Heater Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.8 Hr.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|