|TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Excessive Panel Gap Between Rear Bumper Cover And Rear Quarter Panels – Built On Or Before 26-Feb-2018
29 March 2018
Issue: Some 2015-2018 Mustang GT350 vehicles built on or before 26-Feb-2018 may exhibit an excessive panel gap where the rear bumper cover meets the rear quarter panels on either side of the vehicle. This may be due to the method used to fasten the rear bumper cover to the vehicle.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
|GT350 Rear Bumper Cover Kit||1||JR3Z-17N775-A|
Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|2015-2018 Mustang GT350: Replace The Side And Outer Rear Brackets And Install Compression Wedges Following The Service Procedure Includes Time To Remove And Install The Rear Bumper Cover (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||182107A||1.7 Hrs.|
|1/4″||7 mm Socket|
|1/4″||8 mm Socket|
|1/4″||10 mm Socket|
|1/2″||21 mm Socket|
|1/2″||Torque Socket Accutorq|
|7 mm Wrench|
|Medium Trim Tool|
|13/64″ Drill Bit|
(1). To assist in removal of the bumper cover, allow the vehicle to reach room temperature if possible. Removing the bumper cover when it is cold may increase the possibility of breaking the retention clips during removal.
(2). Once all fasteners have been removed, disengage the clips holding the bumper cover to the vehicle as follows:
- Apply slight upward pressure on the bumper cover and pull outwards from either side of the vehicle to disengage the clips along the sides of the vehicle.
- Apply slight upward pressure on the bumper cover and pull rearwards on the bumper cover to disengage the clips along the rear of the vehicle.
- Remove the side brackets and outer rear brackets that were clipped to the bumper cover. Refer to WSM, Section 501-19.
(1). It is not necessary to remove the center rear bracket.
- Install the revised side brackets and outer rear brackets.
(1). Make sure the fastener holes in the side brackets are centered in relation to the fasteners that go through them. (Figure 1)
(2). Make sure the tabs on the outer rear brackets are properly inserted into the holes in the body of the vehicle when installing these brackets.
(1). To locate where the holes should be before drilling, align the cutout corner of the template with the notch along the front edge of this part of the fascia. (Figure 2, right side shown)
- Using scissors or a pair of side cutters, trim the tabs off of each side of the rear bumper cover. (Figures 3 – 4, left side shown)
(1). These tabs are located just outboard of the holes drilled in Step 4.
(2). Do not trim these tabs completely flush. Only trim away enough to allow the compression wedges to fit into the proper place in the bumper cover with no obstruction. (Figures 3 – 4)
- Using the alcohol swabs provided in the kit, clean the area on both sides of the bumper cover where the compression wedges will adhere.
- Install the compression wedges to the bumper cover.
(1). Remove the backing from the double-sided tape on the compression wedges and install them into the bumper cover.
- Loosely fit the rear bumper cover back onto the vehicle by snapping the bumper cover attachment tabs to the outer rear brackets first, then the side brackets.
(1). Do not strike the bumper cover with force when attempting to snap it onto the brackets. This may bend or damage the clips or tabs on the bumper cover or brackets. Only firm, steady pressure is required to engage the bumper cover onto the clips. If it seems like more force is required, this is an indication the clips or tabs on the bumper cover or brackets may be bent or out of place.
(2). While installing the bumper cover, listen for audible clicks indicating the bumper cover tabs have been properly seated onto the clips on the brackets. The bumper cover clips should be heard when engaging on both the rear outer brackets and the side brackets.
(3). If the bumper cover cannot be easily fitted onto the vehicle, remove the bumper cover and make sure the side brackets and rear outer brackets are properly positioned. It may be necessary to loosen the brackets and shift their position slightly to allow the tabs on the bumper cover to better line up with the clips on the brackets.
- Align the top hole of the compression wedges to the hole that is present on the rear outer bracket. An assistant may be necessary to lift up on the bumper cover to allow the holes to line up. Using the provided bolts, install one on each side. Start the bolts by hand, but do not tighten. (Figures 6 – 7, left side shown)
- Once the bumper cover is loosely installed, visually align the bumper cover on the vehicle for the best appearance and fit. While having an assistant lift up on the bumper cover, tighten the bolts installed in Step 9 to 1.5 Nm (13 lb–in).
- Finish the installation of the bumper cover following normal WSM procedures. Refer to WSM, Section 50119.
29 March 2018
- ONE EASY STEP: Formula delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity in this easy one step
- EFFORTLESS APPLICATION: Thin Film technology provides for easy application and wipe off even in full sun, and will not stain non-painted trim pieces white
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink to form a long-lasting protective barrier while amplifying reflection for incredible depth and mirror-like shine
- WATER ROLLS RIGHT OFF PAINT: Hydrophobic Polymer technology increases surface tension to protect paint
- SAFE AND FLEXIBLE: Safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats, and can be applied by hand or dual action variable speed polisher like Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- - ONLY APPLY 1-2 TIMES A YEAR! - Are you tired of using products that look great, but don't last? You won't experience that here! Advanced and newly PATENTED additives boost our products protection and durability! It's like giving steroids to our products! Stop using inferior sealants, car waxes and polishes made with old science and technology! This will out last and out shine them all!
- - SUPER EASY TO APPLY AND BUFF! - No professional needed! See why all our customers rave at how it's so simple to use! We made it easier to apply and wipe off compared to all others on the market!! This will be the quickest and easiest proper wax job that you will ever do! No more getting an arm work-out trying to remove your wax!
- - SUPER SLICK MIRROR SHINE! - Most products nowadays will make your vehicle look pretty good. Our product will bring the gloss up to another level!! Exceed your expectations with incredible crystal-clear reflections! Surfaces become super slick and will continue to bead for months! You will be amazed at how unbelievably sleek and reflective your vehicle will look! Finally get that new show room shine that will make all the neighbors jealous!!
- - MADE WITH ADVANCED SCIENCE! - We all know how much time and energy it takes to properly wash, prep and wax something.. it takes HOURS to do it right! Our newly developed nano polymer additives work at the molecular level to help cut those hours down! They force cross-linking between molecules, which provides a deeper shine, slicker surface and longer lasting protection. Sounds confusing, but no more spending hours waxing your car every month, this stuff was made to last!!
- - WHAT IF I'M NOT HAPPY? - We believe that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST car wax and sealant on the market!! If you don't agree, there's no fine printing to read and no gimmicks here! Get in contact with us ANYTIME after your purchase and we will provide a FULL REFUND! So what are you waiting for?! CLICK 'Add to Cart' NOW, 100% RISK FREE!
- Apply with a clean cloth and a little elbow grease for a shine
- Gentle enough to use on a regular basis
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit to your vehicle
- Easy to apply
- Cleans & polishes a variety of metals
- Provides long-lasting smooth & polished surface
- Provides brilliant shine
- Multi-purpose metal polish for: brass, copper, stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, pewter, and bronze
- Great to use on: car rims, stainless refrigerators/ovens/toasters/dishwashers, faucets, metal kitchenware and metal furniture
- ONLY ONE STEP: Designed to both clean and condition your car in one easy step
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Cleans without stripping wax protection
- THE BEST CLEAN: Foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants
- RADIANT LOOK: Contains ultra-rich conditioners to make your paint look its best
- FOAM CANNON READY: Diverse application allows it to be used in a bucket or in a foam cannon. *Dilute 5:1 when used with a foam cannon.
- DURABLE HIGH-SHINE FINISH: Sprayable dry-to-the-touch non-greasy dressing works on interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, plastics, tires and dashboard surfaces to restore original OEM look that will not attract dirt or dust
- PROTECT AGAINST FADING: Ultra-refined Weather-Tek formula penetrates deep to nourish and protect like-new appearance that lasts for weeks, not days. Sun blockers shield from harmful UV rays that fade, crack and break vinyl, rubber, and plastic parts
- NON-GREASY WATER-BASED FORMULA: Achieve a non-greasy long lasting dry-to-the-touch deep wet look on both interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, plastic and tires with this water-based dressing. Quick and easy application lasts for weeks, not days
- THE #1 BRAND IN CAR CARE: Beginners and professionals alike choose Chemical Guys, not only for the finest car care products, but the world class customer support and vast detailing knowledge. Chemical Guys is more than a brand - it's a lifestyle with a worldwide following
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our customers love our products. We love our products, and we want to make sure you love them too! If you have any questions about or issues with this amazing dressing, please do not hesitate to call one of our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives at 866-822-3670 (Mon - Fri)
- Used by professionals for years, Simichrome does a beautiful job of removing surface rust from chrome, polishing aluminum until it looks like new, even sprucing up delicate, heirloom family silver without leaving scratches or abrasive marks
- Its unique, finely mixed formula produces a rich, brilliant shine on any uncoated, non-ferrous, metal surface including, brass, gold, silver, aluminum, magnesium, pewter, chrome, sterling, copper and stainless steel
- In as little as 30 seconds, you can watch a small, faded item go from dull, oxidized metal to a having a perfect mirror finish
- In addition to restoring the original luster, Simichrome also leaves an invisible, protective coating to prevent further tarnishing and help keep the shine much longer
- A solid favorite for home, industry, auto, motorcycle and antique users, Simichrome is the fastest, most effective metal polishing and cleaning agent in the industry today
- SC Johnson
- EASY TO USE - Includes One Pint (16 oz) of BEAD MAKER
- SAFE FOR ALL SURFACES: Safely Use On Paint, Rubber, Plastic, Metal, Glass and More!
- CURED UV PROTECTION: Combined UV Filters and UV Stabilizers + Longer Lasting, Super Glossy Shine Every Time
- HIGHLY HYDROPHOBIC: Easily & Effectively Repels Dirt and Water Across Your Entire Car, RV, ATV, Boat or Airplane!
- RENNY DOYLE DOUBLE BLACK COLLECTION: Master Level Professional Detailing Products From P&S - Family Owned & Operated For Over 50 Years!
Last update on 2019-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API