|Publication Date: February 29, 2012|
Some 2012 Fusion Sport and MKZ vehicles equipped with an AWF21 Aisin transmission built on or between 8/22/2011 and 12/5/2011 have a unique transmission control module (TCM). This interim TCM will not be supplied for service long term. Use of replacement parts will require a reprogramming of the powertrain control module (PCM)/TCM.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Confirm the TCM engineering part number. The TCM part number may be found by locating the TCM on top of the transmission, between and below the air cleaner housing assembly and vehicle battery. If part number is illegible, the service tool (IDS) may be used to query the TCM assembly number separately.
- If replacing the TCM or transmission use current service part.
- Program the PCM and TCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 77A.03 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2012.1A DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|AE5Z-7Z369-A||TCM – FWD|
|AE5Z-7Z369-B||TCM – AWD|
|AE5Z-7000-C||Transmission – FWD|
|AE5Z-7000-D||Transmission – AWD|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120218A||2012 Fusion And MKZ: Reprogram The PCM/TCM And Perform The TCM Initial Learn.||1.0 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)