|CLUNK NOISE FROM THE RIGHT AND/OR LEFT HAND REAR SHOCK ABSORBER OVER BUMPS – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/11/2014|
Follow the Service Procedure Steps to correct the condition.
- Attach Rotunda Wireless Chassis Ears (JSP97202) or equivalent to the rear shock absorbers near the knuckle.
- Road test vehicle to determine if noise is originating from right hand side and/or the left hand side rear shock absorber. Is the noise originating from the right hand and/or the left hand rear shock absorber?
- Yes – proceed to Step 3.
- Using a M12 x 1.75 tap to clean the threads for the lower rear shock absorber attachments in the rear wheel knuckles. Clean debris from the holes with shop air.
- Check the vehicle build date. Was the vehicle built on or before 9/8/2013?
- Yes – proceed to Step 6.
- No – the vehicle was built on 9/9/2013 and through 11/11/2014 proceed to Step 7.
- Replace both rear shock absorbers and fasteners. Refer to WSM, Section 204-02. Use the 36 mm design shock that apply.
- Replace both rear shock absorbers and fasteners. Refer to WSM, Section 204-02. Use the 46 mm design shock that apply.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|CV6Z-18125-V||Shock Absorber Assembly 36 mm (1.42 inches) (2 required)|
|CV6Z-18125-S||Shock Absorber Assembly 46 mm (1.81 inches) (2 required)|
|W715830-S442||Bolt (2 required)|
|W520212-S442||Nut (4 required)|