This article supersedes TSB 15-0028 to update the Service Labor Time Standards and Part List.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Disconnect the 12 volt battery. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 414-01.
- Connect the Rotunda Midtronics GR1-190 or GRX-3590 Diagnostic Battery Charger to the vehicle’s battery terminal posts only. Battery cables must be removed and no other connections, such as body ground can be in the circuit during testing.
- Select diagnostic fast charge.
- On GR1-190 only – select above 400 km (250 miles) or below 400 km (250 miles) based on vehicle mileage.
- Select battery type Lead Acid.
- Enter cold cranking amp (CCA) rating of 390 CCA.
- Did the battery pass the load test?
- Yes – allow the battery to fully charge. After charging is complete, reconnect the 12 volt battery. Refer to WSM, Section 414-01, but do not reinstall the driver’s side trunk liner around the battery at this time. Proceed to Step 4.
- No – record the failure code. Replace the battery. Refer to WSM, Section 414-01 but do not reinstall the driver’s side trunk liner around the battery at this time. Make sure the 12 volt battery is fully charged. Using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) service tool, perform the battery monitoring system (BMS) reset after the new battery is connected. Proceed to Step 4.
- Inspect the fan wiring from the high voltage battery pack, located at the interior left hand quarter panel, up to the fan motor(s) for damage or chafing on the metal bracket that attaches the battery cage to the vehicle body. Is chafing present? (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – 16-0023
- Yes – repair the circuits as needed. Refer to Wiring Diagram, Section 5-1. After the repair, wrap the affected area with 3M Temflex Cotton Friction Tape or equivalent to prevent future concerns. Reinstall the driver’s side trunk liner and battery access cover and proceed to Step 5.
- Replace the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) module. Refer to WSM, Section 415-00.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DS7Z-19A387-A||Telematics Control Unit Module|
|W715667-S439||D-Pillar Retention Clip (2 Req)|
|DS7Z-7831012-AC||C-Pillar Right Hand – Dune|
|DS7Z-7831013-AC||C-Pillar Left Hand – Dune|
|DS7Z-7831012-AD||C-Pillar Right Hand – Gray|
|DS7Z-7831013-AD||C-Pillar Left Hand – Gray|
|160023A||2013 Fusion Energi: Test, Charge Battery, Inspect And Protect Wire Harness Replace The TCU (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.0 Hr.|
|160023B||2013 Fusion Energi: Test, Charge Battery, Inspect And Repair Wire Harness Replace The TCU (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.4 Hrs.|
|160023C||2013 Fusion Energi: Test, Replace Battery, Reset BMS, Inspect And Protect Wire Harness Replace The TCU (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.1 Hrs.|
|160023D||2013 Fusion Energi: Test, Replace Battery, Reset BMS, Inspect And Repair Wire Harness Replace The TCU (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.6 Hrs.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)