|HEADLINER SAG AT THE CENTER HIGH MOUNTED STOPLAMP – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 9/22/2014 – FLAT ROCK ASSEMBLY PLANT|
- Check the vehicle identification number (VIN). Does the first position start with a 1?
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Release the two D-pillar trim panel clips and the 2-stage D-pillar retention clip. Refer to WSM, Section 501-05 for clip location and 2-stage retention clip release information.
- It is not necessary to remove the D-pillar from the C-pillar assembly.
- Lower the seat backs of both rear seats. Refer to the seats section of the Owner’s Manual if needed.
- Placing both hands around the rear headliner edge, pull down the headliner approximately 7.6 cm (3 in) to release the magnets attaching the headliner to the roof. (Figure 1)
- Using a flat scraper or knife, remove and discard the rear magnet carriers from the rear of the headliner.
- Familiarize yourself with the proper placement of the magnets on the vehicle.
- Disregard the right and left side markings on the magnet carriers.
- Place the passenger side magnet to the metal roof so the cutout portion of the black plastic carrier goes around the outer stoplamp stud on the passenger side. Make sure the thin, white plastic edge of the carrier aligns with the rear metal edge of the roof. (Figure 2)
- Place the center magnet to the roof so the carrier is centered with the center high mounted stoplamp. Make sure the thin, white plastic edge of the carrier aligns with the rear metal edge of the roof. (Figure 3)
- Place drop cloths, as needed, in the back seat and package tray area of the vehicle.
- Remove all 3 magnets and place them magnet side down on a piece of cardboard or shop rag so glue does not get on the interior upholstery during application. Keep the magnets in the same orientation as their placement on the vehicle.
- After putting on latex gloves, take the nozzle that comes with the 3M Semi-Rigid Plastic Repair adhesive or equivalent and cut the tip of the nozzle to the largest opening.
- The following steps of applying adhesive and attaching the magnets need to occur in less than 50 seconds and require a helper. The person familiar with the placement of the magnets should remain in the back of the vehicle while the helper is within reach applying the glue.
- Using 3M Semi-Rigid Plastic Repair adhesive or equivalent, have the helper place a 6 mm (1/4 in.) bead of adhesive around the black plastic edge of each magnet carrier on the opposite side of the magnet. The bead should cover the holes on the black plastic. Once glue starts to come out of the nozzle, do not spend more than 10 seconds applying glue to a single magnet carrier.
- As soon as the helper is finished adding adhesive to the back of the first magnet carrier, pull down on the headliner and quickly place the magnet to the roof while the helper starts to place glue on the back of another magnet. Keep the headliner pulled down and continue to quickly place the magnets on the vehicle until all 3 magnets with glue are in place.
- Replace the D-pillar trim panel 2-stage retention clip and reattach the D-pillar trim panel.
|Part Number||Part Description|
|08190||3M Performance Manual Applicator – 50 mL|
|34240||3M Semi-Rigid Plastic Repair – 50 mL|
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DS7Z-5452124-A||Magnet Carrier Kit|
|W715667-S439||D-Pillar Trim Panel 2-Stage Retention Clip|