|2.3L GASOLINE TURBOCHARGED DIRECT INJECTION (GTDI) – HEAVY CONTINUOUS BLUE SMOKE AFTER IDLING 10 MINUTES – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 2/23/2016|
|Publication Date: August 30, 2016|
This article supersedes TSB 15-0062 to update the vehicle model years, Title, Issue Statement, Service Procedure, Service Labor Time Standards and Parts List.
Some 2015-2016 Lincoln MKC vehicles equipped with a 2.3L GTDI engine and built on or before 2/23/2016 may exhibit a heavy continuous blue smoke with a burning oil smell after idling 10 minutes or longer.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Check the part tag on the crankcase vent oil separator using a flashlight. Look through the opening to the right of the throttle body. (Figure 1)
- Does the part tag have a bar code? (Figure 2)
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-00 for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – the vehicle is not equipped with a high flow crankcase vent oil separator system. Proceed to Step 3.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 101.01 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|G1FZ-6A785-A||High Flow Crankcase Vent Oil Separator|
|XO-5W30-QSP||Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil|
|160110A||2015-2016 MKC 2.3L GTDI: Inspect, Replace The Crankcase Vent Oil Separator And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.1 Hrs.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)
Module Build Data (As-Built)
Use VIN to obtain As-Built data