June 10, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V414000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V414
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Dealers will inspect and repair (if necessary) the fuel tank strap bracket, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 27, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 22S42.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-150||2021||Dearborn||July 1, 2021 through July 1, 2021|
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
This recall affects one vehicle only. In the affected vehicle, a front fuel tank strap inboard frame bracket may be missing from the vehicle. A special repair procedure will be required, and a bracket will be requested for repair (if found to be missing). An improperly attached fuel tank strap may affect the retention of the fuel tank and increase the risk of fuel leak and fire.
Dealers are to inspect the vehicle for the presence of the front fuel tank strap inboard frame bracket via mobile or in dealership inspection. If the vehicle does not pass inspection, please contact the SSSC for the repair direction. This service must be performed on the affected vehicle at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION AND MAILING SCHEDULE
An owner letter is expected to be mailed the week of June 27, 2022.
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
Mobil Inspection Recommendations
- Mobile Inspection is only for inspecting the bracket underneath the vehicle.
- Confirm with customer a mobile inspection is feasible.
- Check OASIS prior to going to the customer’s home or business to confirm if any other outstanding FSA needs to be completed.
- Transportation – due to the simplicity of this inspection, a specialty vehicle is not required.
Mobile Inspection Additional Information
Please ensure the technician brings the following to the mobile inspection destination:
- Dealers must retain a Mobile Inspection Record with the repair order documentation. Refer to the Claims Preparation and Submission section and Attachment IV for details.
- Printed Technical Instructions.
- Printed Repair/Work Order or any other necessary documentation as customer copy(s) o Documents could also be emailed to the customer.
- Charged cell phone, and laptop.
- Shirt/uniform and vehicle graphic with dealership or Ford logos are recommended. Recommended tools for inspection: mirror, cell phone, and flashlight.
Mobile Inspection Questions and Assistance
- For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. Work with Dealership warranty administrator to create a SSSC contact ID#.
- Once an SSSC agent responds to the new contact ID#, you may opt to call the SSSC hotline: (800) 325-5621.
- Ford has not issued instructions to stop selling/delivering or driving used vehicles under this safety recall. The owner should contact their dealer for an appointment to have their vehicle remedied as soon as practicable.
DEALER-OPERATED RENTAL VEHICLES
The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act law effective June 2016 prohibits a rental company from selling, renting or leasing vehicles subject to a safety or compliance recall. Please consult your legal counsel for legal advice.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this recall.
- This safety recall must still be performed, even if the owner has paid for a previous repair. Claiming a refund will not close the recall on the vehicle.
- Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this recall if the repair was performed prior to the date indicated in the reimbursement plan, which is posted with this bulletin. Owners are directed to seek reimbursement through authorized dealers or, at their option, directly through Ford Motor Company at P.O. Box 6251, Dearborn, MI 481216251.
- Dealers are also pre-approved to refund owner-paid emergency repairs that were performed away from an authorized servicing dealer after the end date specified in the reimbursement plan. Non-covered repairs, or those judged by Ford to be excessive, will not be reimbursed.
- Refunds will only be provided for the cost associated with the suspect fuel strap secure.
Dealers are pre-approved for up to 10 days for a comparable rental vehicle. Follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for dollar amounts. Rentals will only be reimbursed for the day(s) the vehicle is at the dealership for part replacement. Prior approval for more than 10 rental day(s) is required from the SSSC. Contact the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site for consideration and approval if appropriate
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
If the vehicle does not pass inspection, please contact the SSSC for the repair instructions and parts list. Also, if necessary, please submit photos and a list of the related damage parts to the SSSC.
MOBILE OR DEALERSHIP INSPECTION PROCEDURE
No – Does not pass inspection. Capture and submit clear photo(s) to the SSSC of the missing/damaged fuel tank strap and/or damage to the inboard mounting bracket, along with any related damage. The SSSC will provide repair instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Federal law prohibits selling motor vehicle parts or components that are under safety, compliance, or emissions recall. Unless a part is requested to be returned to Ford, all parts replaced under this FSA must be scrapped in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental protection and hazardous material regulations. Refer to the Parts Retention, Return, & Scrapping section of the FSA dealer bulletin for further information.
1 Affected Product
3 Associated DocumentsRCMN-22V414-2071
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- Formulated for Use In All Fuel-Injected Gasoline Engines, Including GDI
- Contains Polyetheramine (“PEA”) to Dissolve Carbon Buildup in Combustion Chambers
- Cleans ALL Types of Intake Valves, Including Those Found in PFI, TBI, and GDI Engines
- Safe On Catalytic Converters and Oxygen Sensors
- Not For Use In Diesel Engines
- 【Deep removal of carbon deposits】Deeply remove the highly sticky carbon deposits on the intake manifold, intake & exhaust valves.（Solve the problems of unstable idling, insufficient fuel combustion, and reduced air-fuel ratio.)
- 【External air source】This enables the walnut sand grit to strike the carbon deposits more powerfully and efficiently.
- 【Built-in dust filter】It can separate the recovered walnut sand grit from carbon deposits for recycling.
- 【Integrated design】The walnut sand grit can be sprayed and recovered simultaneously.
- 【3 year warranty】For damage caused by non-human factors, we promise to resend parts for free within 3 years.
- 1 Crep Protect rain and stain repel spray - 5 oz super-hydrophobic spray that creates an invisible coating which repels liquids and prevents stains. For use on suede, nubuck and canvas footwear.
- 1 Crep Protect Cure Ultimate Cleaning Solution - 100ml Improved Cleaning Solution - Washes 50+ Pairs of Sneakers - 98% Natural made from Coconut extracts, Jojoba & Aqua.
- 1 Premium Hog Hair Brush - Premium Brush has over 17000+ Hog hair bristles.Shorter bristles give better cleaning results, While the hog hair is soft enough to clean more delicate materials.
- 1 Microfiber cloth - Ultra soft, Non Abrasive and highly absorbent cloth. Crep Protect is easy to apply and quick drying.
- 12 Crep Protect Wipes - Travel size wipes perfect for those unexpected marks when you're on the move. Smooth side for general cleaning and textured side for tougher marks. Cotton fresh scented.
- Non - Chlorinated and Low VOC - Highly aggressive formula without cheap, harmful fillers! Performs equal to or better than more well known brands!
- Previously reserved for car dealership techs, NOW available to the public.
- Check the label! No excessively harmful chemicals like Methanol or Toluene. Aggressive, competitive performance without the skull and crossbones!
- A multipurpose solvent for cleaning and degreasing various applications.
- Safe for ABS, calipers, pads, rotors, and other brake line system parts.
Last update on 2022-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.