June 7, 2016
New! REASON FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-Super Duty||2011-2014||Kentucky||Job #1 through November 6, 2013|
REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL
In all of the affected vehicles, the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system calibration must be updated to meet emission guidelines. In addition, the updated calibration contains additional improvements to the SCR system including reduced temperature sensor faults and improved drivability.
NOTE: Some of the affected vehicles are also included in Safety Recall 15S09 and Customer Satisfaction Program 16B24. Reprogramming the PCM with the software contained in IDS version 99.05 or higher provides a single repair for 14E03, 15S09, and 16B24. If affected, the Ford system will automatically close 15S09 and 16B24 upon claim payment of 14E03.
This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
NOTE: The State of California and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts require the completion of emission recall repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. For vehicles registered in these states, please provide the owner with a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction certificate after the repair has been performed. These certificates may be obtained by contacting your regional office.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of January 26, 2015. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
The delivery of uncorrected new vehicles to customers could lead to penalties under applicable state and Federal regulations. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web
Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
Michael A. Berardi
OASIS will be activated on January 21, 2015.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com on January 21, 2015. Owner names and addresses will be available by February 6, 2015.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN list may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this recall is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries.
Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this recall.
ADDITIONAL REPAIR (LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS)
Additional repairs identified as necessary to complete the FSA should be managed as follows:
- For vehicles within new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, follow existing warranty and policy guidelines for related damage claims. No SSSC approval is required for these vehicles:
- Ford vehicles – 3 years or 36,000 miles
- For vehicles outside new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, submit an Approval Request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to completing the repair.
Refunds are not authorized for this program.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
New! CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (14E03) is the sub code.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from the FSA.
- Note: If affected, the Ford system will automatically close 15S09 and 16B24 upon claim payment of 14E03.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Reprogram PCM||14E03B||0.7 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
Parts are not required to complete this repair.
NOTE: Some of the affected vehicles are also included in Safety Recall 15S09 and Customer Satisfaction Program 16B24. Reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM) with the software contained in Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) version 99.05 or higher provides a single repair for 14E03, 15S09, and 16B24. If affected, the Ford system will automatically close 15S09 and 16B24 upon claim payment of 14E03.
NOTE: Reprogram appropriate vehicle modules before performing diagnostics and clear all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) after programming. For DTCs generated after reprogramming, follow normal diagnostic service procedures.
Important Information for Module Programming
NOTE: When programming or reprogramming a module, use the following basic checks to ensure programming completes without errors.
- Make sure the 12V battery is fully charged before carrying out the programming steps and connect IDS/scan tool to a power source.
- Inspect Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) and cables for any Make sure scan tool connections are not interrupted during programming.
- A hardwired connection is strongly recommended.
- Turn off all unnecessary accessories (radio, heated/cooled seats, headlamps, interior lamps, HVAC system, etc.) and close doors.
- Disconnect/depower any aftermarket accessories (remote start, alarm, power inverter, CB radio, etc.).
- Follow all scan tool on-screen instructions carefully.
- Disable IDS/scan tool sleep mode, screensaver, hibernation modes.
- Create all sessions Key On Engine Off (KOEO). Starting the vehicle before creating a session will cause errors within the programming inhale process.
Recovering a module when programming has resulted in a blank module:
NEVER DELETE THE ORIGINAL SESSION!
b. Disconnect the VCM from the Data Link Connector (DLC) and the IDS.
d. Locate the ORIGINAL vehicle session when programming This should be the last session used in most cases. If not, use the session created on the date that the programming failed.
NOTE: If the original session is not listed in the previous session list, click the ”Recycle Bin” icon at the lower right of the previous session screen. This loads any deleted sessions and allows you to look through them. Double-click the session to restore it.
e. Once the session is loaded, the failed process should resume automatically.
f. If programming does not resume automatically, proceed to the Module Programming menu and select the previously attempted process, PMI or MR.
g. Follow all on-screen prompts/instructions.
h. The last screen on the IDS may list additional steps required to complete the programming Make sure all applicable steps listed on the screen are followed in order.
Programa de Emisiones 14E03
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number: 12345678901234567
Ford Motor Company values you as a customer and is committed to vehicle quality and preserving the environment. Therefore, we are voluntarily recalling your vehicle, with the Vehicle Identification Number shown above.
|What is the issue?||On your vehicle, the Selective Catalyst Reduction system calibration must be updated to meet emission guidelines.|
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module free of charge (parts and labor).|
|How long will it take?||The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.|
|What should you do?||Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Recall 14E03. Provide the dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle. The VIN is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter.
If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions. Ford Motor Company wants you to have this recall completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed. Ford Motor Company can deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from the failure to have this recall performed on a timely basis. Therefore, please have this recall performed as soon as possible.
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner.
You received this notice because government regulations require that notification be sent to the last known owner of record. Our records are based primarily on state registration and title data, which indicate that you are the current owner.
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance.
RETAIL OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Ford
Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. For the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.Fordowner.com.
Para asistencia en Español:
Si necesita ayuda o tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame al Centro de Relación con Clientes al 1-866-436-7332 y presione 2 para Español.
FLEET OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, Option #3 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
Or you may contact us through the Internet at www.fleet.ford.com.
|California and Massachusetts Registration Requirements||The State of California and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts require the completion of emission recall repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. If your vehicle is registered in California or Massachusetts, it is subject to these requirements.
When your dealer completes this emission recall repair, you will receive a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction certificate. Please make sure that you receive a certificate from your dealer and that you have it with you when you renew your vehicle registration.
It is also important for you to know that the certificate should be returned to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) only if it is requested by the DMV. Otherwise, this certificate is to be held by you for your records.
In order to ensure your full protection under emissions warranty provisions and to avoid any inconvenience when renewing your registration, it is recommended that you have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible. Failure to do so could be determined as lack of proper maintenance of your vehicle.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford Customer Service Division
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)