|CHATTER OR GRINDING NOISE WHEN POWER FOLDING THE EXTERIOR REAR VIEW MIRRORS – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/1/2014|
Some 2013-2015 Explorer vehicles built on or before 11/1/2014 may exhibit a chatter or grinding noise when power folding the exterior rear view mirrors.
- Remove the exterior mirror glass.
- Remove the exterior mirror bezel and cover.
- Install the mirror shim. (Figure 1)
- Fold the mirror head forward towards the front of the vehicle.
- Press down on the outer edge of the mirror housing assembly to create a larger gap between the mirror spring and inner mirror housing.
- Continuing to press down, insert the shim into the gap between the mirror spring and inner mirror housing.
- The shim is inserted correctly when the grooved part of the shim is against the spring. The shim does not need to be completely seated into the deep groove for it to be installed correctly. The shim is designed with a stepped groove to accommodate variations in the mirror to spring gap.
- Fold the mirror back to its original position.
- Reassemble the mirror.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|