NHTSA ID Number: 10162064
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB 19-2186
Some 2011-2015 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility vehicles may exhibit front window glass that jumps/chatters during up/down movement. This may be due to various conditions in the window motor including excessive drive gear backlash, bushing wear, and/or excessive end play. To resolve the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to replace the window motor, window motor connector, window regulator, upper glass run, and door glass.
10 Affected Products
|FORD||POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILIT||2011-2015|
|TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Front Window Glass Jumps/Chatters During Up/Down Travel
06 June 2019
Issue: Some 2011-2015 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility vehicles may exhibit front window glass that jumps/chatters during up/down movement. This may be due to various conditions in the window motor including excessive drive gear backlash, bushing wear, and/or excessive end play. To resolve the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to replace the window motor, window motor connector, window regulator, upper glass run, and door glass.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
- 2011-2015 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility
- Exhibits front window glass that jumps/chatters during up/down movement
|Window Regulator Nut||2||W701014-S441|
|Wiring Harness Retainer Clip||2||CU5Z-14A163-B|
|Upper Glass Run, Right Side||1||JB5Z- 7821596-A|
|Upper Glass Run, Left Side||1||JB5Z- 7821597-A|
|Window Regulator, Right Side||1||JB5Z- 7823208-A|
|Window Regulator, Left Side||1||JB5Z- 7823209-A|
|Water Shield, Right Side||1||JB5Z-78237A04-A|
|Water Shield, Left Side||1||JB5Z-78237A05-A|
|Door Glass, Right Side (XLT/Sport/Limited)||1||JB5Z- 7821410-B|
|Door Glass, Left Side (XLT/Sport/Limited)||1||JB5Z- 7821411-B|
|Window Motor, Right Side (XLT/Sport/Limited)||1||JB5Z-9923394-A|
|Window Motor, Left Side (XLT/Sport/Limited)||1||JB5Z-9923395-A|
|Window Motor Connector – XLT/Sport/Limited||2||BU2Z-14S411-ASA|
|Door Glass, Right Side (Base/Police)||1||JB5Z-7821410-A|
|Door Glass, Left Side (Base/Police)||1||JB5Z-7821411-A|
|Window Motor, Right Side (Base/Police)||1||8A8Z-7423395-A|
|Window Motor, Left Side (Base/Police)||1||8A8Z-7423394-A|
|Window Motor Connector (Base/Police)||2||3U2Z- 14S411-ZLB|
|Motorcraft® Anti-Corrosion Coating||1||PM-13-A|
|Rotunda Coroplast Wiring Harness Tape||1||NAI837X|
|Clear Packaging Tape||1||Obtain Locally|
Warranty Status: Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage. Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool. For repairs covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, completion of the procedure outlined in this TSB does not require obtaining Prior Approval or completion of a Cost Cap.
|2011-2015 Explorer Without Memory Seats: Replace Window Components Following The Service Procedure Includes Time To Modify Door (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||DR192186A||1.9 Hrs.|
|2011-2015 Explorer With Memory Seats: Replace Window Components Following The Service Procedure Includes Time To Modify Door And Reprogram Door Modules (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||DR192186B||2.2 Hrs.|
|1/4″||10 mm deep socket|
|1/4″||10 mm magnetic socket|
|1/4″||Torx® T20 socket|
|9 mm drill bit|
|6.5 mm drill bit|
|Pocket flat screwdriver|
|Small needle nose pliers|
For repairs covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, completion of the procedure outlined in this TSB does not require obtaining Prior Approval or completion of a Cost Cap.
- Remove the front window regulator and motor. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11.
- Remove the front door glass. Refer to WSM, Section 501-11.
- Remove the front door glass top run. Refer to WSM, Section 501-11.
- Locate and drill the new regulator hole.
(1). Place a ruler horizontally along the top edge of square hole shown in Figure 1 and draw a line 65 mm (2.5 inch) long. Refer to Figure 2 Callout 1.
(3). Measure down 2 mm (0.08 inch) from the horizontal line along the vertical line and place a mark. (Figure 2 Callout 3)
- Locate and drill the new wiring harness retention clip hole.
(1). Place a straight edge vertically along the edge of the large stamped regulator access opening in the door on the door hinge side of the opening and draw a line that extends to the bottom of the stamped opening. (Figure 3)
(2). Place the straight edge horizontally along the lowest point of the stamped opening and across the top of the round hole towards the door hinge side of the door and draw a line between the bottom of the stamped opening and the hole. (Figure 4 Callout 2)
(4). Drill a 6.5 mm (0.25 inch) diameter hole. (Figure 4 Callout 3)
(5). Apply Motorcraft® Anti-Corrosion Coating to all drilled holes.
- Print and cut out the information label.
- To install the new door glass top run, door glass, window regulator, and window motor, reverse the removal procedure.
- To connect to the new window motor, the motor wiring harness take out must be extended 15 mm (0.6 in)
(1). Remove the existing retainer clip from the wiring harness take out.
(2). Measure 115 mm (4.5 in) from the back of the window motor connector toward the main harness and attach the new retainer clip to the wiring harness and insert the clip into the hole drilled in Step 5.
(3). Note the location of the wires in the connector. Cut the window motor connector from the door harness at the window connector.
(5). Complete the connector installation following the installation instructions included with the kit.
- For Police and base vehicles only (two wire window motor), the new window motor requires the two circuits to be reversed in the window motor connector. Refer to Wiring Diagram, Cell 100.
(6). Wrap the extended portion of the harness using Rotunda Coroplast Wiring Harness Tape or equivalent.
- Position the water shield back in place and install the door trim panel.
- Repeat Steps 1-9 on the other front door.
- Perform the window motor initialization. Refer to WSM, Section 501-11, General Procedures.
06 June 2019
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: Longer motor life and 30 percent more runtime than brushed
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: Has built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Compact (752 in front to back) and lightweight (2.6 pounds) design fits into tight areas
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLE: Provides ideal balance and tool control
- INCLUDES: (1) DCD777 Compact Brushless Drill/Driver, (2) Li ion Batteries, (1) Charger, and (1) Kit Bag
- DEWALT brushless motor delivers up to 57 percent more run time over brushed
- DCF787 20 Volt MAX Compact Brushless 1/4 inches Impact Driver; Compact (7.52 inches front to back), lightweight design fits into tight areas
- DCD777 20 Volt MAX Compact Brushless Drill/Driver; Compact (5.4 inches front to back), lightweight (2.0 pounds) designed to fit into small spaces
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle provides ideal balance and tool control and LED light with 20 second trigger release delay provides increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
- LED light with 20 second trigger release delay provides increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
- Brushless motor provides 50% more run time
- Pcck607 1/2" drill/driver contains powerful motor with 370 UWO of power for heavy-duty applications with minimal stall
- Drill/driver has a two-speed transmission with 450/1, 800 RPM
- Pcck647 1/4" impact driver transmission provides 1, 400 in-lbs. of torque for large fastening applications
- Impact driver transmission provides 2, 700 max RPM's
- COMPACT: Lightest, most compact 12V EC brushless drill/driver in class
- PRECISION: This easy to use power drill weighs only 2 pounds, making it a great choice for extended drilling and driving overhead
- DURABILITY: With a long lasting EC Brushless motor and all metal gearbox, this Bosch drill kit is crafted with with Durashield housing, Bosch's flexible housing made from an ABS/nylon composite that has been tested to withstand multiple 10 foot drops
- VERSATILE: Drill driver combo with a two speed transmission (0 400 rpm high torque setting and a 0 1,300 rpm high speed drilling setting). 20+1 clutch settings allow for maximum range of applications
- CONVENIENT: The drill kit comes complete with two included 12 volt lithium ion batteries, a charger and a carrying case.Delivers 180 inch pounds of torque
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Lightweight tools designed to fit the user's needs
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: The DCF885 features a built in LED with 20 second delay after trigger release
- INCLUDES: (1) DCD771 Drill/Driver, (1) DCF885 1/4 inches Impact Driver, (2) 20V MAX Lithium Ion 1.3 Ah Battery Packs, 20 Volt MAX charger, and (1) Kit Bag
- ONE HANDED BIT LOADING: THE DCF885 has a 1/4 inches hex chuck and accepts 1 inches bit tips, Power Tool Type:Cordless
- HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR: The DCD771 delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- Driver drill weighs only 2.8 pounds With battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6 3/8 inches long
- Mechanical variable 2 speed transmission (0 500 & 0 1,700 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications. Variable 2 speed (0 1,300/0 3,000 RPM & 0 1,600/0 3,900 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- BL Brushless motor delivers 350 inches pounds of max torque
- Impact driver weighs only 2.6 pounds With battery for reduced operator fatigue
- 【BRUSHLESS MOTOR】High performance brushless motor optimizes machine's efficiency, increases 10X motor life and 50% more runtime of per charge when compared to brushed motor. 530 in-lbs (60Nm) torque and 2 speeds(0-500RPM/0-2000RPM) improve ability of driving screws and drilling holes on metal, wood, plastic and concrete surface
- 【2 x 20V MAX LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES】2pcs 20V 2.0Ah capacity Lithium-Ion batteries are powerful enough to keep the power drill constantly running; 4A charger takes 30 minutes for a full charge which is 50% faster when compared with others
- 【ADVANCED KEYLESS CHUCK】1/2" keyless metal ratcheting chuck provide maximum accessory compatibility; F/R button and variable speed trigger are ideal for drilling and fastening
- 【ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN】Rubber overmolded handle delivers maximum user comfort and less vibration; Flexible shaft allows to work in the tightest area; Trigger-activated LED light illuminates your work area
- 【COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE】This compact hammer drill weights only 3.37lbs with battery, which is perfect to reduce fatigue for long time use and easy access to tight area
Last update on 2019-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API