|TSB 13-12-3||BANG NOISE HEARD AND/OR BUMP FELT DURING QUICK 1-2 AND/OR 2-3 SHIFT – UNDER MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE ACCELERATION – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/27/2013|
|Publication Date: November 19, 2013|
This article supersedes TSB 13-6-10 to update the vehicle model years and Service Procedure.
Some 2013-2014 Focus ST vehicles built on or before 8/27/2013 may exhibit a bang noise and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift under moderate to aggressive acceleration.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Remove the lower air deflector by removing the three (3) fasteners. (Figure 1)
- Remove the engine compartment splash shield by removing the eight (8) fasteners. (Figure 1)
- Lower the vehicle.
- Position hydraulic floor jack with a wood block under transmission and raise only enough to support weight of transmission.
- Do not attempt to lift the transmission or damage will occur.
- Remove battery tray reinforcement by removing the four (4) fasteners. (Figure 2)
- Remove and discard the center fastener securing the transmission support insulator and remove the insulator.
- Install revised service transmission support insulator and torque new center fastener to 148 Nm (109 lb-ft).
- Determine vehicle model year.
- 2013 Focus ST – proceed to Step 11.
- 2014 Focus ST – proceed to Step 13.
- Bleed the clutch system. Refer to WSM, Section 308-02, General Procedures, 6 Speed Manual Transmissions.
- Remove floor jack.
- Install battery tray reinforcement with the four (4) fasteners and torque to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft). (Figure 2)
- Replace engine mount with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01B.
- Replace roll restrictor with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 308-03.
- When installing the engine compartment splash shield and lower air deflector, do not over tighten the fasteners or threads may be damaged.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DV6Z-7A512-B||Clutch Line PTL|
|W500361-S442||Bolt – Transmission Mount|
|W716238-S442||Bolt – Roll Restrictor|
|PM-20||Motorcraft DOT 4 LV High Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid|
|131203A||2014 Focus ST 2.0L GTDI: Replace The Transmission Support Insulator, Engine Mount And Roll Restrictor Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.6 Hrs.|
|131203B||2013 Focus ST 2.0L GTDI: Replace The Transmission Support Insulator, Clutch Slave Cylinder Hydraulic Tube, Engine Mount And Roll Restrictor Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.8 Hrs.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|