|WATER LEAK THROUGH POLLEN FILTER CASE|
- Inspect for evidence of water leaking into the passenger compartment foot well through the climate control system floor ducts and/or the heater core and evaporator core housing. Is evidence of water present?
- Yes – the pollen filter case base gasket needs to be sealed. Proceed to step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual.
- Remove the upper and lower cowl grill panels to gain access to the pollen filter.
- Remove the pollen filter case.
- Apply Motorcraft Seam Sealer on case gasket. (Figure 1)
- Install pollen filter case.
- Install the upper and lower cowl grill panels.
- Make sure the lower cowl grill fully seats on the seal under the hood.
- Dry the carpet and other interior trim as necessary.
- Is the climate control system blower motor inoperative?
- No – no further action required.