|TSB 14-0074||DTC P06B8 AND/OR DTCS PRESENT IN PCM CONTINUOUS MEMORY FOLLOWING REPAIRS OR ENGINE RUN-ON|
|FORD:||2013 C-MAX, Fusion|
Some 2013 C-MAX, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi vehicles may exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P06B8 in the powertrain control module (PCM) and/or have PCM continuous memory diagnostic trouble codes (CMDTCs) that will not clear after the cause has been repaired.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using IDS or Scan Tool, perform a Keep Alive Memory (KAM) reset. Select:
- Reset KAM, PCM
- Relearn the misfire monitor profile.
- Start the vehicle, leave the transmission gear selector in Park.
- Leave the ignition off for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Are PCM CMDTCs present and/or does the engine run-on for 5 seconds after powering down when the engine is running?
- No – repair is complete.
|140074A||2013 C-MAX, Fusion And MKZ Hybrid/Energi: Check DTCs, Reset PCM KAM, Relearn The Misfire Monitor Profile, Recheck DTCS (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|140074B||2013 C-MAX, Fusion And MKZ Hybrid/Energi: Check DTCs, Reset PCM KAM, Relearn The Misfire Monitor Profile, Recheck DTCS Perform PCM Programmable Module Installation Routine (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.7 Hr.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)