NHTSA ID Number: 10171858
Manufacturer Communication Number: TSB-20-2016
Some 2017 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L EcoBoost engine may exhibit a rattle type noise from the engine compartment under various operating conditions. This noise may be due to excessive play the turbocharger wastegate linkage. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to install the wastegate linkage spring kit.
1 Affected Product
|Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost|
Issue: Some 2017 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L EcoBoost engine may exhibit a rattle type noise from the engine compartment under various operating conditions. This noise may be due to excessive play in the turbocharger wastegate linkage. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to install the wastegate linkage spring kit.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
- 2017 F-150
- 3.5L EcoBoost engine
- Customer concern of rattle type noise from the engine compartment under various operating conditions
NOTE: Part quantity refers to the number of that service part number required, which may be different than the number of individual pieces. Service part numbers contain 1 piece unless otherwise stated.
|1 Kit Required Per Actuator||Spring Washer Kit||2||HL3Z-9G488-C|
- Disconnect the question mark bracket from the wastegate control actuator. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-04F.
- Remove the lever arm e-clip.
- Disconnect the dog bone and question mark assembly from the turbocharger.
- Remove the e-clip to separate the question mark and dog bone.
- Install the spring with the curved end toward the dog bone.
- Assemble the dog bone, spring, and question mark bracket together and fasten with the e-clip.
- Install the dog bone, spring, and question mark bracket assembly onto the turbocharger.
- Install the e-clip. The e-clip should be sitting next to the spring.
- Connect the question mark bracket to the wastegate control actuator and adjust the linkage. Refer to the WSM, Section 303-04F.
13 February 2020
- Direct replacement - this turbocharger mounting kit is designed to match the original hardware required to remount and repair the turbocharger on specified vehicles
- Ideal solution - this kit is a reliable replacement for original components that are missing or have failed due to fatigue
- Durable construction - this kit is made from quality components to ensure reliable performance and a long service life
- Trustworthy quality - backed by team of product experts in the United States and more than a century of automotive experience
- Ensure fit - to make sure this part fits your exact vehicle, input your make, model and trim level into the garage tool
- Used Book in Good Condition
- McClurg, Bob (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 148 Pages - 11/27/2005 (Publication Date) - CarTech, Inc. (Publisher)
- Important - Please see fitment notes and verify your vehicle's production date and VIN before ordering** Guaranteed Exact Fit for easy installation
- 100% BRAND NEW - highest quality available
- Engineered for superior durability, backed by a one year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- This is a brand new direct-fit replacement turbocharger. This is guaranteed to fit and perform exactly the same as OEM. Brand new part that does not require any core deposit or return. Make sure to clean or replace the turbocharger oil feed line and prime the center bearing of the new turbo during installation to ensure better long-term reliability! Fits all 2012 Ford Explorer and Edge with the 2.0T EcoBoost 4-cylinder.
- This Turbocharger is CARB-approved and 50-state emissions legal
- 【Applications】: Fit for Ford F Series Truck / Pick-up Truck 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Engine 1999 - Produced after 12/98 - Powerstroke Badges on Doors
- 【Applications】: Fit for Ford Excursion / F Series Trucks / Pick-up Truck 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Engine 2000-2003
- 【Turbo Model】: GTP38
- 【Interchange Part Number】: GTP38,1831450C91,1831452C91,1831383C93,1831383C92,702012-9006,739619-0009,7064475003,706447-5003,706447-9003,7396195004S,739619-5004S,F81Z6K682BARM,F81Z6K682CARM,F81Z6K682CARM,1831383C92,7020129006,7064479003,1831383C941831450C94,40-30078 AN,5010014R92,5776 990 0000. Not fit for 1825878C91，702650-0001，471128-9010. Not fit for 1825878C91，702650-0001，471128-9010. Not fit for 1825878C91，702650-0001，471128-9010
- 【Note】:Turbo Does Not Fit early 1999 7.3L Engines; 1999 Model Identification; Early 1999 Models: V8 Powerstroke Fender Badge and 4 Bolts Securing the Compressor Housing; Late 1999 Models: Powerstroke Badges on Doors and 5 Bolts Securing the Compressor Housing; Our turbo only fits for Late models
- Compatible Vehicles- 2012 2013 2014 2015 For Ford For Edge 2012 2013 2014 2015 For Ford For Explorer 2013 2014 2015 For Ford For Focus 2012 2013 For Volvo S60
- Resolve Issues - After using a turbocharger, the car can increase the power of the engine, increase horsepower
- Fit Perfectly - The product uses scanning technology to obtain data, and then the product is produced, so it can be completely matched with the original model
- Buyer Service - If you have any questions about the product, you can contact us by email, we will give you a satisfactory answer in time
- Guaranteed Exact Fit for easy installation
- 100% BRAND NEW, premium ISO/TS 16949 quality - tested to meet or exceed OEM specifications
- Engineered for superior durability, backed by a one year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- You might find cheaper turbochargers, but please compare carefully - make sure you know what you are getting. Do not settle for low quality parts. Do you really want to risk doing this job repeatedly?
- This is a brand new direct-fit replacement turbocharger. This is guaranteed to fit and perform exactly the same as OEM. Brand new part that does not require any core deposit or return. Make sure to clean or replace the turbocharger oil feed line and prime the center bearing of the new turbo during installation to ensure better long-term reliability! Fits all US-spec 2013-2014 Ford Fusion 1.6 EcoBoost, 2013-2016 Escape 1.6T, and 2014-2016 Transit Connect 1.6T and Fiesta ST.
- The Garrett 743250-5025S GT3782VA Stock Replacement Turbocharger offers a superior replacement option for your 2005.5-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke. This turbocharger is 100% new and is not rebuilt or remanfactured like the Ford sourced units from your local dealer. A new Garrett turbocharger is a superior product versus independently remanufactured units.
- Garretts compressor wheel testing dictates 1 million cycles prior to introduction. This testing prevents issues such as low cycle fatigue (hub burst/ wheel splitting in half). A wheel may exceed life expectancy but is at risk for premature failure if reused. Analysis of failed rebuilt units show micro cracks in compressor wheel bores.
- The Solenoid Control Valve utilizes stricter control parameters to regulate oil flow through the unit. These controls minimize the amount of oil direct to the turbine end seal to reduce turbine seal leakage.
- The multiple cycles of the 6.0L application can cause high cycle fatigue of the turbine blades. When a 6.0L turbocharger is reworked it is unknown how many cycles are on the turbocharger which can lead to premature failure. Extended cycles can cause tip failures which can be mistaken for foreign object damage.
- OE Specification and design
- Life Time replacement warranty (One time for PARTS ONLY)
- Free expedited shipping (ships within 1 business day except holidays)
- High quality steel and rubber ensures a smooth and quiet ride
- Send us a message with the VIN# & Transmission type. We'll find the right parts for you.
- Compatible with 2003-2010 Fo-rd Trucks with 6.0L Diesel; 2003-2010 International Trucks with 6.0L Turbo Diesel.
- Replacement OEM Part Number: 3C3Z-9T514-AG, 3C3Z9T514AG, 3C3Z-9T514-AD, 1840053C96, 904-234
- Fo-rd F250 6.0 Diesel Powerstroke Engine Turbo Mount Bolt Gasket Hardware Kit
- This kit includes new bolts, clips, and paper gasket required when re-installing a 6.0 Powerstroke turbo.
- Highly recommended while installing a upgrade kit.
- 【HIGH QUALITY】Long life-span matters, that is why our turbocharger kit adopt heavy-duty bellows to improve duraility
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】Turbo y-pipe up pipe is made of stainless tubular construction protects against warping or cracking, which enhance leak-resistant for long-lasting performance
- 【FITMENTS】Fit 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel (all 2003 - 2010 6.0L Ford Diesel Engines found in the F250, F350, F450, F550 and Excursion etc.)
- 【REPLACES#】5C3Z6K854CA, 5C3Z-6K854-CA, 679-011, 679-012, 5C3Z 6K854-CA, 1846581C1. The package includes 1 x set turbochargers up pipe kit all necessary hardware, bolts, and gaskets as pictures show
- 【24-MONTH WARRANTY】Exquisite craft, strict quality control and excellent after-sales service that is why our 6.0 Turbocharger Y-Pipe Up Pipe worth your purchase
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.