|3.7L – DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0420 AND/OR P0430 – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 10/27/2014|
- Connect the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) service tool or equivalent Scan Tool and check for DTCs. Is DTC P0420 and/or P0430 present?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
- Yes – reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS or Ford J2534 release 92.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com. Proceed to Step 2.
- Replace the affected catalytic converter per the DTC.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DG9Z-5G232-D||Front Catalyst Converter Assembly|
|DG9Z-5G232-E||Rear Catalyst Converter Assembly|
|W701706-S440||Nut – Manifold-To-Cylinder Head Stud (6 Req)|
|W712244-S300||Stud – Manifold-To-Cylinder Head (6 Req)|
|7T4Z-9450-AA||Gasket – Catalyst-To-Y-Pipe|
|BT4Z-9450-A||Gasket – Y-Pipe-To-Muffler And Tailpipe|
|W520103-S442||Nuts – Y-Pipe (8 Req)|
|XL-2||Motorcraft High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant|
|XL-1||Motorcraft Penetrating and Lock Lubricant|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)