NHTSA ID Number: 10160952
Manufacturer Communication Number: 19B11
1 Affected Product
May 22, 2019
This program will be in effect through May 31, 2020. There is no mileage limit for this program.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Edge||2019||Oakville||June 4, 2018 through March 14, 2019|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM
In some of the affected vehicles, the headlamp control module (HCM) was not configured with the proper software. As a result, the adaptive feature of the LED headlamps may not function properly, preventing the headlamp aim from adjusting while the vehicle is moving through curves at speeds above 3 mph (5 kph). Additionally, the headlamps may not perform the homing function at vehicle startup. Standard headlamp illumination continues to function as intended.
Before delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this program, dealers are to reprogram the HCM using Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release 113.02 or higher. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION AND MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of June 3, 2019. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
David J. Johnson
OASIS will be activated on May 22, 2019.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com on May 22, 2019. Owner names and addresses will be available by June 18, 2019.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN Lists may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this program is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries. Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this service action.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
- Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle inventory.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this service action.
Refunds are not approved for this program.
Rental vehicles are not approved for this program.
ADDITIONAL REPAIR (LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS)
Additional repairs identified as necessary to complete the FSA should be managed as follows:
- For related damage and access time requirements, refer to the Warranty and Policy Manual / Section 6 – Ford & Lincoln Program Policies / General Information & Special Circumstances for FSA’s / Related Damage.
- For vehicles within new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, no SSSC approval is required, although related damage must be on a separate repair line with the “Related Damage” radio button checked. Ford vehicles – 3 years or 36,000 miles
- For vehicles outside new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, submit an Approval Request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to completing the repair.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Claim Entry: Enter claims using Dealer Management System (DMS) or One Warranty Solution (OWS) online.
- When entering claims, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number 19B11 is the sub code. o For additional claims preparation and submission information, refer to the Recall and Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) Repairs in the OWS User Guide.
- Related Damage/Additional labor and/or parts: Must be claimed as Related Damage on a separate repair line from the FSA with same claim type and sub code as described in Claim Entry above.
IMPORTANT: Click the Related Damage Indicator radio button.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Reprogram HCM using IDS release 113.02 or higher||19B11B||0.3 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
Parts are not required to complete this repair.
In some of the affected vehicles, the headlamp control module (HCM) was not configured with the proper software. As a result, the adaptive feature of the LED headlamps may not function properly, preventing the headlamp aim from adjusting while the vehicle is moving through curves at speeds above 3 mph (5 kph). Additionally, the headlamps may not perform the homing function at vehicle startup. Standard headlamp illumination continues to function as intended. Before delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this program, dealers are to reprogram the HCM using Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release 113.02 or higher.
NOTE: Reprogram appropriate vehicle modules before performing diagnostics and clear all DTCs after programming. For DTCs generated after reprogramming, follow normal diagnostic service procedures.
NOTE: Make sure the IDS computer does not enter sleep mode during programming.
NOTE: Follow the IDS on-screen instructions to complete the reprogramming procedure.
NOTE: Advise the customer that this vehicle is equipped with an adaptive transmission shift strategy which allows the vehicle’s computer to learn the transmission’s unique parameters and improve shift quality. When the adaptive strategy is reset, the computer will begin a re-learning process. This re-learning process may result in firmer than normal upshifts and downshifts for several days.
Important Information for Module Programming
NOTE: When programming or reprogramming a module, use the following basic checks to ensure programming completes without errors.
- Make sure the 12V battery is fully charged before carrying out the programming steps and connect IDS/scan tool to a power source.
- Inspect Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) and cables for any damage. Make sure scan tool connections are not interrupted during programming.
- A hardwired connection is strongly recommended.
- Turn off all unnecessary accessories (radio, heated/cooled seats, headlamps, interior lamps, HVAC system, etc.) and close doors.
- Disconnect/depower any aftermarket accessories (remote start, alarm, power inverter, CB radio, etc.).
- Follow all scan tool on-screen instructions carefully.
- Disable IDS/scan tool sleep mode, screensaver, hibernation modes.
- Create all sessions key on engine off (KOEO). Starting the vehicle before creating a session will cause errors within the programming inhale process.
Recovering a module when programming has resulted in a blank module:
NEVER DELETE THE ORIGINAL SESSION!
a. Obtain the original IDS that was used when the programming error occurred during module reprogramming (MR) or programmable module installation (PMI).
b. Disconnect the VCM from the data link connector (DLC) and the IDS.
d. Locate the original vehicle session when programming failed. This should be the last session used in most cases. If not, use the session created on the date that the programming failed.
NOTE: If the original session is not listed in the previous session list, click the Recycle Bin icon at the lower right of the previous session screen. This loads any deleted sessions and allows you to look through them. Double-click the session to restore it.
e. Once the session is loaded, the failed process should resume automatically.
f. If programming does not resume automatically, proceed to the Module Programming menu and select the previously attempted process, PMI or MR.
g. Follow all on-screen prompts/instructions.
h. The last screen on the IDS may list additional steps required to complete the programming process. Make sure all applicable steps listed on the screen are followed in order.
Customer Satisfaction Program 19B11
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 12345678901234567
At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high quality, dependable products, but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.
|Why are you receiving this notice?||On your vehicle, the adaptive feature of the LED headlamps may not be functioning properly.|
|What is the effect?||The headlamp aim may not adjust while the vehicle is moving through curves at speeds above 3 mph (5 kph). Additionally, the headlamps may not perform the homing function at vehicle startup. Standard headlamp illumination continues to function as intended.|
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to reprogram your vehicle’s headlamp control module free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.
This Customer Satisfaction Program will be in effect until May 31, 2020 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
|How long will it take?||The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.|
|What should you do?||Please call your dealer without delay to schedule a service appointment for Customer Satisfaction Program 19B11. Provide the dealer with your VIN, which is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter. If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions. Ford Motor Company wants you to have this service action completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed.
NOTE: You can receive information about Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs through our FordPass App. The app can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play.
In addition there are other features such as reserving and paying for parking in certain locations and controlling certain functions on your vehicle (lock or unlock doors, remote start) if it is equipped to allow control.
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner.
You received this notice because our records, which are based primarily on state registration and title data, indicate that you are the current owner.
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance. RETAIL OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is www.Fordowner.com.
For the hearing impaired, call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
FLEET OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, choose Option #3, and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is www.fleet.ford.com. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM(Eastern Time).
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford Customer Service Division
Customer Satisfaction Program 19B11
May 22, 2019
Customer Satisfaction Program 19B11
May 22, 2019
|Diagnostic Software||Interface Device||Complete Vehicle Diagnostics||Module Programming|
|IDS/FDRS||VCM, VCM II, VCMM||X||X||X||X|
|FJDS/FDRS||Compatible J2534 Devices
(Including VCM II and VCMM)
Detailed system requirements, installation, and support information for each product is located under the diagnostics tool support tab for each product.
For use with VCM I, VCM II, VMM and VCMM hardware devices only. The complete factory Ford Motor Company vehicle diagnostic tool that provides complete dealership level vehicle diagnostic coverage for all 1996 to present Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. The IDS software includes time based access to the IDS software, software updates and calibration files.
For use with compatible J2534 hardware devices. FJDS software provides Ford Module Programming functionality that covers 1996 to present Ford, Lincoln and Mercury module reprogramming functions, plus complete dealership level vehicle diagnostic software for all 2018 to present Ford and Lincoln vehicles. The FJDS software license includes time based access to the FJDS software, software updates and calibration files.
|CarDAQ-Plus 2 Diagnostic Code Reader and J2534 Programming Tool|
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro USB to CAN ISO9141 Interface|
Module Build Data (As-Built)
Use VIN to obtain As-Built data
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Multi-ADD ONS: This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras (MV105 and MV108) for vehicle’s electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via [email protected] Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
- ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: Worked with J2534 Pass-thru device, MaxiSys Elite is capable of ECU programming for Benz and BMW.
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Available for over 80 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles with full OBD functions, 11 reset functions and full systems diagnoses
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Worked with MaxiScope basic kit MP408, MaxiSys Elite provides users with an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Remote Tech Support for real-time software update notifications via internet. Interactive Data Logging Sessions for direct contact with Autel. One-stop multitasking for ideal management of data
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGNS: MaxiSys Elite is with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing. MP408 features color coded 4-channel control panel and one-click auto setup of voltage scale and time base
- Wireless connection - simple plug and play configuration Upgraded support includes 802 11bgn
- High Speed USB 2 0 Connection with improved protection and faster performance
- Improved stability during engine crank with extended temperature range
- Enclosure design protects from exposure to fluids and drops
- Additional vehicle communications protocols include upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses SAE J2534 and ISO-22900 compliant
- 【Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming】 MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars’ lifespan/performance. form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars’ lifespan/performance.
- 【Comprehensive Features】 Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Save the money cost in buying an additional expensive adapter. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version.
- 【User Friendly】 The Live Data Stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs, and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running.
- 【Operate Easily】 The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that’s really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it.
- 【Compatible with Some Add-ons】 Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- Modules Coding & Programming - Supporting J2534 ECU Programming Device is capable of replacing the existing software/firmware in the Electronic Control Units (ECU), programming new ECUs and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues for BMW and Mercedes Benz cars, also fixing issues of fuel efficiency, power loss, fault codes and durability of mechanical parts.
- Unrivalled Speed - MS908 Pro Diagnostic Platform bases on the revolutionary Android multitasking operating system, utilizes the powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor, and equips with 9.7-inch LED capacitive touch screen. The system boots up in only 20 seconds which is 300% faster than competing tools, and the diagnostic time for some vehicle is up to 5 times faster than previously required, allowing you to perform your job much quicker.
- Ultrafast Wireless - The Maxisys features advanced dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) 802.11n WIFI that’s up to twice as fast as any previous-generation diagnostic systems. Once the wireless VCI is connected to the car, the technician is completely free to move around anywhere in the shop. Its wireless connect-ivity also means you can field updates to the latest software release, allowing for update anywhere and anytime.
- Exceptional OE-Level Coverage - Autel has been committed to providing the best and easiest-to-use diagnostic solution with the most extensive coverage of all systems for all the major vehicle manufactures. This enables independent garages to confidently provide comprehensive servicing in their own workshops without relying on dealer availability Continual software enhancement will provide additional vehicle coverage.
- Smart Technology - Featuring the latest Auto VIN technology to identify CAN vehicles in one touch combined with the exclusive Auto Scan function make the MaxiSys the most intelligent system in the industry. Another smart feature - the industry first cloud-based online community puts you in touch with the latest tips and expertise from technicians around the world. This item offering 2 years free update.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API