June 27, 2017
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Transit||2016||Kansas City||May 20, 2016 through June 1, 2016|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists. Note: This recall only affects 15 vehicles.
REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL
In all of the affected vehicles, an incorrect exhaust gas recirculating (EGR) cooler was installed. In certain circumstances, the malfunction indicator lamp will illuminate and set diagnostic trouble code P245A relating to the EGR cooler bypass control.
Before delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to replace the EGR cooler. This service must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.
NOTE: The State of California and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts require the completion of emission recall repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. For vehicles registered in these states, please provide the owner with a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction certificate after the repair has been performed. These certificates may be obtained by contacting your regional office.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Pending Agency approval, owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of September 5, 2017. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
The sale of uncorrected new vehicles to customers could lead to penalties under applicable state and Federal regulations. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
Michael A. Berardi
OASIS will be activated on June 27, 2017.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com by June 27, 2017. Owner names and addresses will be available by September 15, 2017.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN Lists may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this recall is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries.
Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
- Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle inventory.
- Use OASIS to identify and correct all affected vehicles in your new and used vehicle inventory.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this recall.
ADDITIONAL REPAIR (LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS)
Additional repairs identified as necessary to complete the FSA should be managed as follows:
- For vehicles within new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, follow existing warranty and policy guidelines for related damage claims. No SSSC approval is required for these vehicles:
- Ford vehicles – 3 years or 36,000 miles
- For vehicles outside new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, submit an Approval Request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to completing the repair.
Refunds are not approved for this program.
Dealers are pre-approved for up to two days for a rental vehicle. Follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for dollar amounts. Rentals will only be reimbursed for the day(s) the vehicle is at the dealership for part replacement. Prior approval for more than two rental days is required from the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number 17E07 is the sub code.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from the FSA.
- For rental vehicle claiming, follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for dollar amounts. Enter the total amount of the rental expense under Miscellaneous Expense code RENTAL.
- The conventional clamps, an outside part (OSP), may be submitted on the same repair line on which the FSA is claimed. Additional parts totaling more than $10.00 requires prior approval from the SSSC.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Replace EGR Cooler||17E07B||5.9 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
|Part Number||Description||Claim Quantity|
|VC-3-B||Motorcraft Orange Concentrated Antifreeze/Coolant||1|
|BB3Z-6C653-A||Throttle Body Gasket||1|
|XL-2||High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant||1|
|XL-1||Penetrating and Lock Lubricant||1|
|Obtain Local||Conventional Clamp||2|
|CK4Z-9F481-A||EGR Cooler Vee-Clamp||1|
|W520101-S437||EGR Cooler Vee-clamp Nut||1|
|CK4Z-9D476-A||EGR Cooler Gasket||1|
|XO-5W40-5Q3SD||Motorcraft SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil||1|
|BK2Z-9E464-A||EGR Valve Gasket||1|
|6C1Z-9E464-A||Mixer Tube Gasket||1|
The DOR/COR number for this recall is 51084.
Order your parts requirements through normal order processing channels. To guarantee the shortest delivery time, an emergency order for parts must be placed.
For latest prices, refer to DOES II.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Follow the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual, Section 1 – WARRANTY PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN POLICIES.
EXCESS STOCK RETURN
Excess stock returned for credit must have been purchased from Ford Customer Service Division in accordance with Policy Procedure Bulletin 4000.
In all of the affected vehicles, an incorrect exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) Cooler was installed. In certain circumstances, the malfunction indicator lamp will illuminate and set diagnostic trouble code P245A relating to EGR cooler bypass control. Before delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to replace the EGR cooler.