|TSB 17-0055||6.7L – ILLUMINATED MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) – DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P2002 – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 12-MAY-2017|
|Publication Date: July 17, 2017|
|FORD:||2017 F-Super Duty|
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Connect the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) service tool or equivalent scan tool to the data link connector (DLC). Check for DTCs. Is P2002 the only DTC stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) memory?
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnostics.
- Replace the catalyst and particulate filter assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 309-00.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS or Ford J2534 Diagnostic Software (FJDS) release 106.01 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
NOTE: ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
|Part Number||Part Description|
|Bostik Never-Seez Regular Grade Anti-Seize and Lubricating Compound (Nickel Free)|
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|5H270||Catalyst and Particulate Assembly – See Parts Catalog for Application|
|W717460-S300||Retaining Pins – 5 (4 Per Pack) – Built Before 01-Nov-2016|
|W520113-S441||Nut – Intermediate Pipe (6 Required)|
|BC3Z-5E241-A||Gasket – Intermediate Pipe (2 Req.)|
|W718005-S900||Bolt – Downpipe to DPF (2 Req.)|
|XL-1||Motorcraft Penetrating and Lock Lubricant|
|170055A||2017 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Retrieve DTCs, Replace The Particulate Filter Assembly And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.2 Hrs.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)