January 21, 2016
This program will be in effect through December 31, 2016. There is no mileage limit for this program.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Transit||2015||Kansas City||January 17, 2014 through March 30, 2015|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM
In some of the affected vehicles, insufficient sealing in certain areas of the engine compartment may allow undesired water entry into the engine compartment directly over powertrain components. This can lead to symptoms including difficulty starting, misfires, or illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL).
Before demonstrating or delivering any of the vehicles involved in this program, dealers are to install water management measures. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of February 1, 2016. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
Michael A. Berardi
OASIS will be activated on January 21, 2016.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com on January 21, 2016. Owner names and addresses will be available by February 11, 2016.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN Lists may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this program is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries. Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this service action.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this service action.
ADDITIONAL LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS
Submit a request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to the repair if you have any of the following:
- Damage that you believe was caused by the covered condition.
- A condition that requires additional labor and/or parts to complete the repair.
- Aftermarket equipment or non-Ford modifications to the vehicle which might prevent the repair of the covered condition.
Requests for approval after completion of the repair may not be granted. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to deny coverage for related damage in cases where the vehicle owner has not had this recall performed on a timely basis. Additional related damage parts are subject to random selection for return to the Ford Warranty Parts Analysis Center (WPAC).
- Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this program if the repair was performed before the date of the Owner Notification Letter. This refund offer expires June 30, 2016.
- Dealers are also pre-approved to refund owner-paid emergency repairs that were performed away from an authorized servicing dealer after the date of the Owner Notification Letter. There is no expiration date for emergency repair refunds. Non-covered repairs, or those judged by Ford to be excessive, will not be reimbursed.
- Refunds will only be provided for the cost associated with repairs related to water intrusion into the engine compartment.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (15B39) is the sub code.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from which the FSA is claimed. Additional labor and/or parts require prior approval from the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
- Submit refunds on a separate repair line.
- Program Code: 15B39 – Misc. Expense: ADMIN
- Misc. Expense: REFUND – Misc. Expense: 0.2 Hrs.
- Multiple refunds should be submitted on one repair line and the invoice details for each repair should be detailed in the comments section of the claim.
- PROGRAM TERMS: This program will be in effect through December 31, 2016. There is no mileage limit for this program.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Install Water Management Measures||15B39B||0.8 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity|
|CK4Z-9601-A||Air Filter (if required)||1|
|CK4Z-61021A46-A||Leaf Screen Foam Seal||1|
|4L3Z-18203A16-AA||Mastic Patch (1 patch will service approximately 4 vehicles)||1|
|ZC-31-B||Motorcraft Metal Surface Prep Wipes (1 wipe per vehicle)||1|
|CK4Z-17C582-A||Wiper Arm Grommet (low roof vehicles only)||1|
The DOR/COR number for this program is 51023.
Order your parts requirements through normal order processing channels. To guarantee the shortest delivery time, an emergency order for parts must be placed.
For latest prices, refer to DOES II.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Follow the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual, Section 1 “WARRANTY PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN POLICIES.”
EXCESS STOCK RETURN
Excess stock returned for credit must have been purchased from Ford Customer Service Division in accordance with Policy Procedure Bulletin 4000.
In some of the affected vehicles, insufficient sealing in certain areas of the engine compartment may allow undesired water entry into the engine compartment directly over powertrain components. This can lead to symptoms including difficulty starting, misfires, or illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). Dealers are to install water management measures.
- Remove the cowl panel grille. Please follow the Workshop Manual (WSM) procedures in Section 501-02.
- Clean the back of the cowl panel grille with a clean cloth. See Figure 1.
- Apply the leaf screen foam seal along the back of the cowl panel grille. See Figure 2.
- Remove and discard the drain hose from the passenger side of the cowl panel grille. See Figure 3.
- Remove the bolt and position aside the windshield washer reservoir filler neck. See Figure 4.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and detach the wiring harness retainer from the air filter cover. For vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, disconnect the hose from the air cleaner cover. See Figure 6a for gas engines and Figure 6b for diesel engines.
- Unclip and remove the air filter cover. See Figure 7.
- Remove the air filter. See Figure 8.
- Clean the body joint between the right inner fender and dash panel with a Motorcraft Metal Surface Prep Wipe or equivalent. See Figure 9.
NOTE: The supplied mastic patch will service approximately four vehicles.
- Cut the supplied mastic patch to 8 cm x 13 cm (3 in x 5 in) and apply the patch to the body joint. See Figure 10.
- Inspect the air filter to determine if it is dry/damp or saturated with water or ice.
- Install the air filter cover and fasten the clips. See Figure 7.
- Connect the electrical connector and attach the wiring harness retainer to the air filter cover.
For vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, connect the hose to the air cleaner cover.
See Figure 6a for gas engines and Figure 6b for diesel engines.
- Connect the air filter outlet pipe to the air filter cover and tighten the clamp. See Figure 5.
Tighten to 35 lb.in (4 Nm).
- Reposition the windshield washer reservoir filler neck and install the bolt. See Figure 4.
Tighten to 71 lb.in (8 Nm).
Low Roof Vehicles Only
- Reinstall the cowl panel grille. Please follow the WSM procedures in Section 501-02.
- Install the supplied water diverter on the passenger side of the vehicle. See Figure 12.
- Route the orange antenna wire in front of the diverter and route the washer hose under the inboard end of the diverter. Attach the washer hose clip to the front edge of the diverter. See Figure 13.
Customer Satisfaction Program 15B39
Programa de satisfacción del cliente 15B39
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 12345678901234567
At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high quality, dependable products, but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.
|Why are you receiving this notice?|
|On your vehicle, insufficient sealing in certain areas of the engine compartment may allow undesired water entry into the engine compartment directly over powertrain components. This can lead to symptoms including difficulty starting, misfires, or illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), which is shown to the left.|
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to install water management measures on your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program. This Customer Satisfaction Program will be in effect until December 31, 2016 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.|
|How long will it take?||The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.|
|What should you do?||Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 15B39. Provide the dealer with the VIN of your vehicle, which is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter. If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions. Ford Motor Company wants you to have this service action completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed. Ford Motor Company can deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from the failure to have this service action performed on a timely basis. Therefore, please have this service action performed as soon as possible.|
|Have you previously paid for this repair?||If you have previously paid for a repair that addresses the issue described in this letter, you still need to have this service action performed to ensure the correct parts and procedures were used.|
If the previously paid for repair was performed before the date of this letter, you may be eligible for a refund. Refunds will only be provided for service related to repairs caused by water intrusion into the engine compartment. To verify eligibility and expedite reimbursement, give your paid original receipt to your dealer before June 30, 2016. To avoid delays, do not send receipts to Ford Motor Company.
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner.|
You received this notice because our records, which are based primarily on state registration and title data, indicate that you are the current owner.
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance.|
RETAIL OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. For the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.Fordowner.com.
Si necesita ayuda o tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame al Centro de Relación con Clientes al 1-866-436-7332 y presione 2 para Español.
FLEET OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, Option #3 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
Or you may contact us through the Internet at www.fleet.ford.com.
Representatives are available 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford Customer Service Division