June 23, 2016
This program will be in effect through July 31, 2017. There is no mileage limit for this program.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Fusion||2017||Hermosillo||October 1, 2015 through April 29, 2016|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM
All of the affected vehicles are equipped with LED headlamps which may exhibit dim daytime running lamp appearance after a short time of normal usage.
Dealers are to replace both headlamp assemblies. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of July 18, 2016. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
Michael A. Berardi
OASIS will be activated on June 23, 2016.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com on June 27, 2016. Owner names and addresses will be available by July 29, 2016.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN Lists may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this program is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries. Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this service action.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this service action.
ADDITIONAL REPAIR (LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS)
Additional repairs identified as necessary to complete the FSA should be managed as follows:
- For vehicles within new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, follow existing warranty and policy guidelines for related damage claims. No SSSC approval is required for these vehicles:
- Ford vehicles – 3 years or 36,000 miles
- For vehicles outside new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, submit an Approval Request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to completing the repair.
Refunds are not approved for this program.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (16B27) is the sub code.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from the FSA.
- PROGRAM TERMS: This program will be in effect through July 31, 2017. There is no mileage limit for this program.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Replace both headlamp assemblies||16B27B||1.4 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity|
|HS7Z-13008-C||Left hand headlamp assembly||1|
|HS7Z-13008-F||Right hand headlamp assembly||1|
The DOR/COR number for this program is 51048.
Order your parts requirements through normal order processing channels. To guarantee the shortest delivery time, an emergency order for parts must be placed.
For latest prices, refer to DOES II.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Follow the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual, Section 1 – WARRANTY PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN POLICIES.
EXCESS STOCK RETURN
Excess stock returned for credit must have been purchased from Ford Customer Service Division in accordance with Policy Procedure Bulletin 4000.
- Remove both front wheel and tire assemblies. Please follow the Workshop Manual (WSM) procedures in Section 204-04A.
- Remove the five plastic rivets from the front of both front fender liners. See Figure 1.
- Remove the twelve front bumper cover-to-lower radiator closeout screws as shown in Figure 2.
- Do not remove the two center screws.
- Remove the two nuts and position both front fender liners aside. See Figure 3.
- Remove the two front bumper cover-to-fender bolts on both sides of the vehicle. See Figure 4.
- To install, tighten to 55 lb.in (6.2 Nm).
- Remove the five upper front bumper cover bolts and four pin-type retainers. See Figure 5.
- Position the bumper cover forward. See Figure 6.
- Remove the headlamp bolt, two screws and disconnect the headlamp electrical connector from both headlamps. See Figure 7.
- Remove both headlamp assemblies (See Figure 8):
- Install both headlamp assemblies onto the ball stud (See Figure 8):
- If equipped, install the wiring harness guides to the headlamp assemblies. See Figure 8.
- Install the headlamp bolt finger tight. See Figure 7.
- Install the headlamp screws finger tight. See Figure 7.
- Connect the headlamp electrical connector. See Figure 7.
- Verify correct headlamp electrical operation.
- Align the headlamp assemblies to the fender openings. See Figure 10.
- Tighten the bolt and screws for each headlamp assembly to 32 lb.in (3.6 Nm). See Figure 11.
- Reposition the bumper cover. See Figure 6.
- Reverse the removal procedure to complete the headlamp replacement.
- Check headlamp adjustment on both headlamps. Please follow the WSM procedure in Section 417-01, General Procedures.
Customer Satisfaction Program 16B27
Programa de satisfacción del cliente 16B27
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 12345678901234567
At Ford Motor Company, we are committed not only to building high quality, dependable products, but also to building a community of happy, satisfied customers. To demonstrate that commitment, we are providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle with the VIN shown above.
|Why are you receiving this notice?||On your vehicle, it may be possible that the daytime running lamps may become dim after a short time of normal usage.|
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||In the interest of customer satisfaction, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace both front headlamp assemblies free of charge (parts and labor) under the terms of this program.
This Customer Satisfaction Program will be in effect until July 31, 2017 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
|How long will it take?||The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.|
|What should you do?||Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 16B27. Provide the dealer with the VIN of your vehicle. The VIN is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter.
If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions.
Ford Motor Company wants you to have this service action completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed.
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner.
You received this notice because our records, which are based primarily on state registration and title data, indicate that you are the current owner.
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance.
RETAIL OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.Fordowner.com.
For the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
FLEET OWNERS: If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, choose Option #3, and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.fleet.ford.com.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
|Para asistencia en Español||Visite nuestro sitio web para ver este anuncio en Español al siguiente dirección: https://es.owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html
Si necesita ayuda o tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame al Centro de Relación con Clientes al 1-866-436-7332 y presione 2 para Español.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford Customer Service Division