|2.0L GASOLINE TURBOCHARGED DIRECT INJECTION (GTDI) – ILLUMINATED MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) WITH DTCS P0054, P0137 AND/OR P0141|
|Publication Date: September 22, 2016|
Some 2015 Edge vehicles equipped with a 2.0L GTDI engine may exhibit an illuminated MIL with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0054, P0137 and/or P0141 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) service tool or equivalent scan tool, check for DTCs. Are DTCs P0054, P0137 and/or P0141 present in the PCM memory?
- Yes – replace the catalyst monitor sensor (CMS). Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-14. Proceed to Step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual for normal diagnostics.
- Reprogram the PCM to the latest level calibration using IDS version 102.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
Note: ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DS7Z-9G444-A||Catalyst Monitor Sensor|
|CV6Z-9450-D||Exhaust Gasket – AWD|
|F2GZ-4682-A||PTU Bolt And Washer Assembly – AWD (3 Req)|
|W790063-S900||RDU Bolt And Washer Assembly AWD – (3 Req)|
|W714265-S442||Exhaust Nut – AWD (2 Req)|
|W712154-S439||Center Support Bearing Bolts – AWD (2 Req)|
|XL-1||Motorcraft Penetrating and Lock Lubricant|
|XL-2||Motorcraft High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant|
|160128A||2015 Edge FWD 2.0L GTDI: Retrieve DTCs Replace The CMS And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.9 Hr.|
|160128A||2015 Edge AWD 2.0L GTDI: Retrieve DTCs Replace The CMS And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.8 Hrs.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
Service Information & Reprogramming
Software necessary to program electronic modules to the latest calibration level, perform module initialization (PATS), and set Programmable Parameters on Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.
Ford Module Programming (FMP) is a software application that allows subscribers to program electronic modules on Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. It can be used for:
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)
In addition, module initialization (PATS) functions such as Keycode Erase/Reprogram and PCM Parameter Reset can be done using this application.
J2534 Device using Ford Module Programming (FMP) can Reprogram and Configure most Modules.
Latest Calibration Information
Module Build Data (As-Built)
Use VIN to obtain As-Built data