|Publication Date: June 4, 2013|
Some 2013 Fusion and MKZ Front Wheel Drive (FWD) vehicles equipped with a 1.6L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine and Federal emissions, or a 2.0L GTDI engine and built on or before 4/2/2013 may exhibit a concern where the fuel tank will only accept 38 to 45 Liters (10 to 12 gallons) when refueling with the gauge indicating empty and/or the distance to empty below 56 kilometers (35 miles).
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the concern.
- Determine the vehicle engine size.
- Connect the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) and determine emissions level from the vehicle specification screen. Is the vehicle equipped with federal emissions?
- Replace the fuel tank. Refer to WSM, Section 303-00.
- Is the vehicle equipped with MyFord Touch?
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|4L3Z-9276-AA||Fuel Tank O-Ring|
|W520103-S442||Exhaust Nut (2 Req)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130603A||2013 Fusion And MKZ 2.0L GTDI FWD: Replace The Fuel Tank (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.5 Hrs.|
|130603A||2013 Fusion 1.6L GTDI FWD: Determine If Vehicle Is Equipped With Federal Emissions Replace The Fuel Tank (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations||2.6 Hrs.|
|130603B||2013 Fusion 1.6L GTDI FWD MyFord Touch: Determine If Vehicle Is Equipped With Federal Emissions Replace The Fuel Tank And Reprogram The Instrument Panel Cluster (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.7 Hrs.|
|130603B||2013 Fusion And MKZ 2.0L GTDI FWD MyFord Touch: Replace The Fuel Tank And Reprogram The Instrument Panel Cluster (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.7 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)