If the vehicle can be shifted into reverse without the brakes being applied, the vehicle may unintentionally move, increasing the risk of a crash.
The recall began on November 12, 2015.
Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Ford’s number for this recall is 15S25.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
October 15, 2015
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-53 Motorhome||2016||Detroit Chassis Plant||June 1, 2015 through
August 11, 2015
|F-59 Stripped Chassis|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In the affected vehicles, the transmission shift cable bracket may have been manufactured out of specification, causing the transmission shift cable to be installed incorrectly. This condition may result in unintended vehicle movement if force is applied to the gear shift lever when in the park “P” position. Unintended vehicle movement may increase the risk of an injury or crash.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of November 9, 2015. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $7,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
OASIS will be activated on October 15, 2015.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will be available through https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com on October 15, 2015. Owner names and addresses will be available by November 30, 2015.
NOTE: Your FSA VIN Lists may contain owner names and addresses obtained from motor vehicle registration records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than in connection with this recall is a violation of law in several states, provinces, and countries.
Accordingly, you must limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
- Owners of affected vehicles will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this recall.
ADDITIONAL LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS
- Dealers are authorized to claim up to 2.0 hours of additional labor time for the removal and installation of application specific components required to access the transmission shift cable bracket without contacting the Special Service Support Center for approval.
Submit a request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to the repair if you have any of the following:
- More than 2.0 hours of additional labor time is required, or another condition exists that requires additional labor and/or parts to complete the repair.
- Damage that you believe was caused by the covered condition.
- Aftermarket equipment or non-Ford modifications to the vehicle which might prevent the repair of the covered condition.
Requests for approval after completion of the repair may not be granted. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to deny coverage for related damage in cases where the vehicle owner has not had this recall performed on a timely basis. Additional related damage parts are subject to random selection for return to the Ford Warranty Parts Analysis Center (WPAC).
Refunds are not approved for this program.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- Enter claims using Direct Warranty Entry (DWE) or One Warranty Solution (OWS).
- DWE: refer to ACESII manual for claims preparation and submission information.
- OWS: when entering claims in DMS software, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (15S25) is the sub code.
- Additional labor time for the removal and installation of application specific components required to access the transmission shift cable bracket must be claimed as “MT15S25” on a repair line that is separate from the repair line on which the FSA is claimed, with the related damage flag checked. Prior approval is not required from the Special Service Support Center when using “MT15S25” for additional labor time claims under 2.0 hours.
- Additional labor time not related to removal and installation of application specific components required to access the transmission shift cable bracket and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a repair line that is separate from the repair line on which the FSA is claimed. Additional labor and/or parts require prior approval from the SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
NOTE: Maintain supporting documentation for all Miscellaneous Expenses according to procedure as identified in the Warranty and Policy Manual.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Replace Transmission Shift Cable Bracket and Adjust Transmission Shift Cable||15S25B||0.6 Hours|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
The DOR/COR number for this recall is 51008.
Order your parts through normal order processing channels.
For questions regarding parts, contact SSSC via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
For latest prices, refer to DOES II.
PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN
Follow the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual, Section 1 “WARRANTY PARTS RETENTION AND RETURN POLICIES.”
EXCESS STOCK RETURN
Excess stock returned for credit must have been purchased from Ford Customer Service Division in accordance with Policy Procedure Bulletin 4000.
In the affected vehicles, the transmission shift cable bracket may have been manufactured out of specification, causing the transmission shift cable to be installed incorrectly. This condition may result in unintended vehicle movement if force is applied to the gear shift lever when in the park “P” position. Unintended vehicle movement may increase the risk of an injury or crash. Dealers are to replace the transmission shift cable bracket and adjust the shift cable (selector lever cable) using the following procedure.
- Remove the lower steering column trim/knee bolster panel as necessary to gain access to the lower steering column area. Refer to the Coach Builders Repair Manual for additional information if necessary.
- Remove the transmission shift cable bracket. See Figure 1.
- Carefully lift the locking tab and disconnect the transmission shift cable from the bracket.
- Remove the two bolts and the transmission shift cable bracket.
- When installing the bolts, torque to the following specifications:
- Bracket to Column bolt to 36 lb.ft (48 Nm).
- Bracket to Instrument Panel bolt to 21 lb.ft (28 Nm).
- When installing the bolts, torque to the following specifications:
- To install the new transmission shift cable bracket, reverse the removal procedure.
- Perform the Selector Lever Cable Adjustment procedure. Please follow Workshop Manual (WSM) procedures in Section 307-05.
* * * IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL * * *
(PROGRAMA DE SEGURIDAD IMPORTANTE)
Safety Recall Notice 15S25 / NHTSA Recall 15V-611
Aviso de Revisión de Seguridad 15S25
Mr. John Sample
123 Main Street
Anywhere, USA 12345
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 12345678901234567
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
We apologize for this situation and want to assure you that, with your assistance, we will correct this condition. Our commitment, together with your dealer, is to provide you with the highest level of service and support.
|What is the issue?||On your vehicle, the transmission shift cable may have been installed incorrectly. It may be possible for your vehicle to be shifted out of the park “P” position without the brakes applied if force is applied to the gear shift lever. This increases the risk of unintended vehicle movement and may increase the risk of an injury or crash.|
|What will Ford and your dealer do?||Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace the transmission shift cable bracket and adjust the shift cable free of charge (parts and labor).|
|How long will it take?||The time needed for this repair is less than one day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time. Additional time may be required to remove and reinstall components specific to the vehicle application.|
|What should you do?||Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Recall 15S25. Provide the dealer with your VIN, which is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter.
If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions.
Ford Motor Company wants you to have this safety recall completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed.
Please note: Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
|What if you no longer own this vehicle?||If you no longer own this vehicle, and have an address for the current owner, please forward this letter to the new owner.You received this notice because government regulations require that notification be sent to the last known owner of record. Our records are based primarily on state registration and title data, which indicate that you are the current owner.|
|Can we assist you further?||If you have difficulties getting your vehicle repaired promptly and without charge, please contact your dealership’s Service Manager for assistance.
RETAIL OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Ford
Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. For the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (TDD). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
If you wish to contact us through the Internet, our address is: www.Fordowner.com.
Para asistencia en Español:
Si necesita ayuda o tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame al Centro de Relación con Clientes al 1-866-436-7332 y presione 2 para Español.
FLEET OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, Option #3 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Eastern Time).
Or you may contact us through the Internet at www.fleet.ford.com----escape_sem_autolink_uri:7feaa5cba3080e99393ae68a92d6ba13----
If you are still having difficulty getting your vehicle repaired in a reasonable time or without charge, you may write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave. S.E., Washington, D.C.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Ford Customer Service Division