|AWD – DRIVELINE VIBRATION – HOWL NOISE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN COLD TEMPERATURES – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/13/2010|
2007-2011 Fusion, Milan and MKZ vehicles equipped with all-wheel-drive (AWD) systems and built on or before 8/13/2010 may exhibit a driveline vibration ora howl noise at highway speeds in cold temperatures.
- Place the vehicle in neutral, position it on a hoist.
- Index-mark both the driveshaft flanges at the power transfer unit (PTU) and rear differential unit (RDU).
- Disconnect the rear driveshaft from the PTU and from the RDU assembly.
- Leave the driveshaft attached to the vehicle.
- Rotate the driveshaft by hand, and check for any roughness feel to both the front and rear driveshaft bearings.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|AE5Z-4R602-A||Rear Driveshaft Assembly|
|W520113-S440||Center Bearing Support Nut|
|W705443-S900||Exhaust Flex Pipe Flange Nut|
|W711960-S439||Rear Driveshaft-To-Pinion Flange Bolt|