May 18, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V358000
Seat Belt Latch Difficult to Access/FMVSS 208
Difficulty accessing the seat belt latches may result in occupants not wearing their seat belts, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V358000
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 175,550
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles built with the 5-Door body style. The first-row seat belt latch plates may be difficult to access from their stowed position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.”
Dealers will add a sliding clip latch stop to the driver and front passenger seat belts, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 30, 2023. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 23C16.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Check if your Vehicle has a Recall
On May 4, 2023, NHTSA informed Ford Motor Company that the 2023 model year 5-door Bronco vehicle NHTSA acquired for a compliance audit was potentially non-compliant to FMVSS No. 208 Section 7.4.4 “Latch Plate Access” for the front row outboard seating positions. On May 5, 2023, Ford’s Critical Concern Review Group (CCRG) opened an investigation into the concern.
The Ford Automotive Safety Office and Engineering teams reviewed internal Compliance Demonstration Reports and examined the photographic evidence submitted for FMVSS No. 208 Section 7.4.4. The Engineering team also organized a physical evaluation of Bronco vehicles of the appropriate vintage and body style. The documentation review and physical evaluation appeared to confirm the findings from NHTSA’s Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance. Ford is still investigating the causal factors related to the noncompliance.
As of May 10, 2023, Ford is not aware of any customer warranty or field reports of seat belt latch plate
On May 12, 2023, Ford’s Field Review Committee reviewed the concern and approved a field action.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition.
3 Affected Products
2 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 🚘【ABS & SRS SYSTEMS DIAGNOSES FREE】Thinkcar SF100 OBD2 Scanner supports 2 main system diagnostics, including Air Bag and ABS system. ✔ Anti-Brake System Diagnosis (ABS): Retrieve ABS codes to tell you where the problem is, then you can fix it. ✔ Airbag System Diagnosis (SRS): A safety restraint system, is made up of impact sensors, a control module, and the airbags themselves. This diagnostic device can detect every electronic parameter to check its health status.
- 🚗【FULL 10 OBDII DIAGNOSIS FREE】This check engine code reader supports 10 modes of OBDII diagnostic functions-Read codes, Erase codes, On-board monitor test, I/M readiness, Vehicle live data, Freeze frame data, Auto VIN information, O2 Monitor Test, EVAP Monitor Test, DTCs Lookup. It helpful for quick analysis and diagnosis, providing solutions, saving time and money.
- 👍【EPB & OIL RESET FREE】Optional Paid Subscription Service Resets: Throttle Matching, Battery Matching,ABS Bleeding,EPB Reset,DPF Regeneration,TPMS Reset(NOT TPMS programming),Airbag Reset,Gear Learn, Etc. $29.95/one/ year. 👉 NOTE: The reset function is not applicable to all vehicles. Please send us the VIN number to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 🚗【Various vehicle coverage + 8 languages】Thinkcar ThinkScan SF100 car scanner diagnostic car diagnostic tool supports vehicles under the OBD2 agreement after 1996, covering a wide range of vehicles in Asia, Europe and the United States, with a wide coverage. 💜SUPPORT 8 LANGUAGES💜： English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Japanese, German, Italian.
- ✅【 SUPPORT DIAGNOSIS REPORT 】This code reader can easily generate vehicle health diagnosis report, scan the QR code to print the diagnosis report. Simple and convenient, save time and efficiency for your car diagnosis.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will t-urn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advance OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Free Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- 🏆【TOP ABS SRS OBD2 SCANNER for CAR】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Emergency code diagnosis for ABS SRS Airbag modules;2️⃣ABS Airbag Light & Sensor Reset Tool: Reset & sensor calibrate after repairing the faults;3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate & command ABS/SRS/Airbag components;4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanner: Covers all obd2 functions for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data even replace the new airbag. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🥇【NO.1 ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Have you always feel the Brake pedal was slowly sinking to floor or the pedal was loose than the new vehicle? This abs brake auto bleed scan tool will bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a high and tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds of service fees to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles support auto abs bleeder.
- 👍【Cost Less than $150 to Own a ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】It’s so valuable to own one with active test feature that never can not find on similar abs scanner. This abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test hidden issues, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
- 🚦【Awesome Function for ABS SRS AIRBAG】 No auto scanner less than $400 in the market can do these. If you feel headache on choosing abs srs scan tool which not only read code but also has depth functions, do not miss this abs scanner airbag code reader. This car scanner will scan, pin-point the problem down and tell you what the possible issues, no need to replace one by one, and it also initialize/reset/calibrate the new sensor/module after repairing.
- 🌈【SAS CALIBRATION & AIRBAG LIGHT RESET】 🚩🚩🚩NOTE: Before resetting airbag, please make sure the software version is V4.02.001(NOT support crash codes). Reading the airbag faults when the light was on and help you to reset the error codes after solving the faults. Also runs calibration of the steering angle sensor,which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, the fault is automatically cleared.
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 🚩2023 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key help to check engine issue. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life status】it easy to view the procedures or send command for resetting oil maintenance or resetting the mileage or driving time to zero after the maintenance for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and oil life status.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- 🚙【2023 Upgraded Version of AL319/ AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel AL519, ML519, AL319, MS309. This Auel AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS modules and supports Full 10 Modes of OBDII Functions with Enhanced Mode 6 on Worldwide Vehicles to read/ erase codes and turn off the MIL, reset ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and get your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🚙【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostic】If you accidentally trigger an ABS light or airbag light, AL619 can tell you what is making them on. AL619 scan tool can perform ABS/SRS diagnostic to get ABS/SRS codes to quickly locate the problem areas, replace bad parts or make repairs, clear the codes and turn off the warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015, and functions are not universal. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 🚙【Full OBD2 Functions & Numerous DTC Lookup】Only a scanner equipped with full OBD2 capability will help you most effectively! AL619 scanner can perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission-related conditions, including: read code, clear code, view live data, freeze frame data, vehicle info, check I/M readiness status, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, EVAP leak test, modules present. Built-in DTC Library can directly search DTC meaning, no need to google or guess it.
- 🚙【Accurate Read & Clear DTCs】Getting diagnostic codes(DTCs) is necessary before repairs if you don't want to be ripped off. AL619 can read codes and clear codes, helping you save trouble:1)before repairs, locate issues and decide whether to fix them yourself or go to a mechanic; 2)after repairs, make sure the issues have been fixed; 3) clear occasional fault codes, turn off CEL or MIL, and get car back to normal.
- 🚙【Turn Off CEL & Smog Check】The Check Engine Light is always annoying you, most of the time because of a little thing like a loose gas cap, isn't it? With AL619 scan tool, you can read code to quickly find out why the check engine light is on and reset it. Don’t waste money on a failed smog test! AL619 can retrieve I/M Readiness status to make sure OBD2 monitors on your car are “Ready”, monitors like misfire, fuel, catalyst, O2 sensors, EVAP, etc, to help you pass the annual smog check.
Last update on 2023-05-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-358 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Ford Motor Company Submission Date : MAY 18, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-358 Manufacturer Recall No. : 23C16 Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Ford Motor Company Address : 330 Town Center Drive Suite 500 Dearborn MI 48126-2738 Company phone : 1-866-436-7332 Population : Number of potentially involved : 175,550 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES Body Style : SUV Power Train : NR Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles are built with the 5-Door body style. Vehicles built between September 23, 2020, and May 9, 2023, may fail to conform to S7.4.4 “Latch Plate Access” of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.” These vehicles are not produced in VIN order. Information as to the applicability of this action to specific vehicles can best be obtained by either calling Ford’s toll-free line (1-866-436-7332) or by contacting a local Ford or Lincoln dealer who can obtain specific information regarding the vehicles from the Ford On-line Automotive Service Information System (OASIS) database. – 39,302 2021 Model Year 5-Door Bronco vehicles are affected. – 88,704 2022 Model Year 5-Door Bronco vehicles are affected. – 47,544 2023 Model Year 5-Door Bronco vehicles are affected. Production Dates : SEP 23, 2020 – MAY 09, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : NR End : NR Not sequential Description of Noncompliance : Description of the Noncompliance : Ford Motor Company has determined that certain 2021 model year through 2023 model year Ford Bronco vehicles fail to conform to S7.4.4 “Latch Plate Access” of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.” The first row seat belt latch plates, when stowed, are in a position that is noncompliant to S7.4.4 of FMVSS No. 208. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-358 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 FMVSS 1 : 208 – Occupant crash protection FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : The customer may experience some dissatisfaction or be discouraged if they are unable to easily access the seat belt latch in its stowed position. Driving without the use of a seatbelt increases the risk of injury in a crash. Description of the Cause : The stowed position of the latch plate, as determined by the seat belt webbing sewn loop, is in a position that does not have enough space between the seat back and the interior trim to allow the test block unhindered access to the latch plate. Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : The occupant will not receive any advanced warning due to the nature of the failure mechanism. Involved Components : Component Name 1 : Driver Seat Belt Component Description : Driver Seat Belt Component Part Number : MB3B 58612D64 ADW Component Name 2 : Passenger Seat Belt Component Description : Passenger Seat Belt Component Part Number : MB3B 58612D65 ADW Component Name 3 : Driver Seat Belt Component Description : Driver Seat Belt – Raptor Component Part Number : N2DV 58612D64 ACW Component Name 4 : Passenger Seat Belt Component Description : Passenger Seat Belt – Raptor Component Part Number : N2DV 58612D65 ACW Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-358 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Name : NR Address : NR NR Country : NR Chronology : On May 4, 2023, NHTSA informed Ford Motor Company that the 2023 model year 5-door Bronco vehicle NHTSA acquired for a compliance audit was potentially non-compliant to FMVSS No. 208 Section 7.4.4 “Latch Plate Access” for the front row outboard seating positions. On May 5, 2023, Ford’s Critical Concern Review Group (CCRG) opened an investigation into the concern. The Ford Automotive Safety Office and Engineering teams reviewed internal Compliance Demonstration Reports and examined the photographic evidence submitted for FMVSS No. 208 Section 7.4.4. The Engineering team also organized a physical evaluation of Bronco vehicles of the appropriate vintage and body style. The documentation review and physical evaluation appeared to confirm the findings from NHTSA’s Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance. Ford is still investigating the causal factors related to the noncompliance. As of May 10, 2023, Ford is not aware of any customer warranty or field reports of seat belt latch plate accessibility concerns. On May 12, 2023, Ford’s Field Review Committee reviewed the concern and approved a field action. Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : Owners will be notified by mail and instructed to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer to have a sliding clip latch stop (barrette clip) added to the driver and front passenger seat belts. An Owner’s Manual addendum with instructions on appropriate use of the sliding clip will also be provided. There will be no charge for this service. Ford provided the general reimbursement plan for the cost of remedies paid for by vehicle owners prior to notification of a safety recall in May 2021. The ending date for reimbursement eligibility is estimated to be June 26, 2024. Ford will forward a copy of the notification letters to dealers to the agency when available. How Remedy Component Differs The Driver and Front Passenger seat belts (MB3B-58612D64-ADW, MB3B-58612D65-ADW, N2DV-58612D64-ACW, N2DV-58612D65-ACW) Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-358 Page 4 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 from Recalled Component : will have a sliding clip latch stop (barrette clip) installed which will place the latch plate into a compliant position. Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : NR Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : Notification to dealers is expected to occur on June 26, 2023 . Mailing of owner notification letters is expected to begin June 30, 2023 and is expected to be completed by July 6, 2023. Planned Dealer Notification Date : JUN 26, 2023 – JUN 26, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : JUN 30, 2023 – JUL 06, 2023 * NR – Not Reported