|TSB 15-0101||FALSE WARNING BY REAR PARKING AID WHEN TOW BAR IS INSTALLED|
Some 2014-2015 Transit Connect vehicles equipped with a rear parking aid may exhibit a false warning when a tow bar is installed.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Does the rear parking aid beep unnecessarily on a vehicle equipped with a tow bar?
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to the Workshop Manual, Section 413-13 for normal diagnosis.
- Reprogram the parking aid module (PAM) to the latest calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 95.05 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
- Reprogramming emission-related (OBDII) modules on some vehicles manufactured in 1995 and all vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
- Reprogramming or reconfiguring non-emission-related modules on many vehicles (UBP and MS-CAN not supported)