|INACCURATE FUEL GAUGE INDICATOR – VEHICLE BUILT BEFORE 11/1/2007|
This condition may be caused by a stuck float arm on the fuel delivery module.
- To make this repair it will be necessary to remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
- Once the fuel delivery module is removed from the fuel tank, access the fuel tank baffle through the fuel tank fuel delivery opening. (Figure 1)
- Move the baffle plate with a wooden object or by hand towards the front of the vehicle to prevent interference between the baffle and the float arm. The fuel tank baffle plate is a metal plate that is easy to move by hand or using a tool with no consequent damage to the baffle.
- The fuel delivery module float arm should have a clearance of 1 5/32″ (29.63 mm) in the empty tank position (bottom) and 13/16″ (20.73 mm) in the full tank position (up). (Figure 2)
- Install the fuel delivery module.