March 11, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V149000
A sudden loss of drive power increases the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V149
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 3
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2022 Corsair and 2021-2022 Escape vehicles equipped with a 2.5L Hybrid powertrain. The high voltage battery may fail, resulting in a sudden loss of drive power.
Dealers will replace the high voltage battery, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed March 28, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 21S48.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Escape/Kuga||2021||Louisville||August 5, 2021 through September 28, 2021|
|2022||January 10, 2022|
|2020||Valencia||February 9, 2020 through July 9, 2020|
|2021||Valencia||September 2, 2020 through July 30, 2021|
|2022||Valencia||August 25, 2021 through November 26, 2021|
|Corsair||2022||Louisville||January 10, 2022|
Note: This Recall only affects 6 vehicles in the US and Canada.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
In some of the affected vehicles, the High Voltage (HV) battery can unexpectedly lose power. If the HV battery loses power, it will cause the vehicle to display a “Stop Safely Now” message on the instrument panel and the vehicle will coast to a stop.
Before demonstrating or delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to replace the HV battery. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION AND MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner letters for the initial population were mailed on December 1, 2021.
Owner letters for the expanded population are expected to mail the week of March 28, 2022.
Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Ford has not issued instructions to stop selling/delivering or driving used vehicles under this safety recall. Owners should contact their dealer for an appointment to have their vehicles remedied as soon as practicable. Owners can continue to safely drive their vehicles.
- Immediately contact any of your affected customers whose vehicles are not on your VIN list but are identified in OASIS. Give the customer a copy of the Owner Notification Letter (when available) and schedule a service date.
- Correct other affected vehicles identified in OASIS which are brought to your dealership.
- Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle inventory.
- Correct all affected units in your new vehicle inventory before delivery.
- Use OASIS to identify any affected vehicles in your used vehicle inventory.
DEALER-OPERATED RENTAL VEHICLES
The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act law effective June 2016 prohibits a rental company from selling, renting or leasing vehicles subject to a safety or compliance recall. Please consult your legal counsel for legal advice.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Affected title branded and salvaged vehicles are eligible for this recall.
Refunds are not approved for this program.
Rental vehicles are not approved for this program.
LINCOLN PICKUP AND DELIVERY
Owners of 2017 MY and newer Lincoln vehicles have the option of requesting pickup and delivery service with a Lincoln loaner (up to 2 days), from their dealership. For details, reference EFC08708, 2021 Lincoln Pickup & Delivery Updates.
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity||Claim Quantity|
Note: It is acceptable to use the Yellow Coolant (VC-13-G) if the vehicle currently is filled with Orange Coolant (VC-3-B). The Yellow Coolant is compatible with the Orange Coolant and the system does not have to be flushed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Federal law prohibits selling motor vehicle parts or components that are under safety, compliance, or emissions recall. Unless a part is requested to be returned to Ford, all parts replaced under this FSA must be scrapped in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental protection and hazardous material regulations. Refer to the Parts Retention, Return, & Scrapping section of the FSA dealer bulletin for further information.
3 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Miscellaneous Document – VIN List Amendment 1 (Redacted)RMISC-22V149-1579
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V149-9769
Recall 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Bulletin re NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Supplement #1 Safety Recall 21S48 Certain 2020 through 2022 Model Year Escape and Corsair PHEV Vehicles Battery Pack ReplacementRCMN-22V149-0201
ISSUED Renotification NoticeRCRN-22V149-6850
Latest Recalls Documents
- Level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings up to 50 amps (16/24/32/40/48/50 Amp) and plug-in or hardwired installation. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla models, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more
- Charge faster and smarter with the ChargePoint app. Set a schedule to only charge when electricity is cheapest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your ChargePoint charging data in one place
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year backed by 24/7 customer support from a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet (6-50 currently selected) requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, including 60A-80A for 48A-50A charging, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Select the amperage that works best for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- STAY ORGANIZED – MAX GREEN dock and hook combination is truly the perfect accessory for your EV charger. It is a simple addition that will have a huge impact to the outlook of your garage. The design concept is to keep your space organized and protect your charger from damage.
- HEAVY DUTY AND DURABLE – Heavy duty combination with steel and plastic material can hold your EV Charger steady.
- FIT ALL J1772 PLUG - Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors!
- SIMPLE TO USE - Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. 25M long cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES – 1X J1772 Dock and J-Hook, 4X Screws. If anything is not to your complete satisfaction, simply reach out to us and we will make it right!
- UL AND ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER. DEFAULT CHARGE RATE is 40A. WiFi Internet connection is required to raise or lower charge rate. Pair with an Emporia Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor to automatically charge only with excess solar power and curb charging during peak demand.
- UL LISTED WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND. Manufactured to meet the safety criteria defined by these industry standards: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, and UL 2594. INSTALLS INDOORS OR OUTDOORS. Your charger will be safe from the elements with a rugged watertight NEMA Type 4 enclosure. Check with your state and local company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area. PROTECTED BY A 3-YEAR WARRANTY.
- HARDWIRED OR PLUGGED INSTALLATION - 11.5kW (240V/48A) / 9.6kW (240V/40A) / 10kW (208V/48A) / 8.3kW (208V/40A) (up to 48A hardwired or up to 40A NEMA Type 14-50P with 22" cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3)). Requires a dual-pole, dedicated breaker at 60A+ for a 48A charge or 50A+ for a 40A charge. A professional electrician is recommended for hardwiring or installing a NEMA Plug.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY EV. The charger comes with a SAE J1772 connector (adapter required for Tesla EVs) and a 24' cable with integrated cable management.
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use and charging sessions with iPhone / Android / Web Browser app. Schedule charging with app. Easily manage the parameters to handle variable utility rate charges.
- LEVEL 2 EV CHARGER: Electrify Home's Level 2 EV Charger, HomeStation provides up to 9.6 kW of available power at 40 Amps for quickly charging capable electric vehicles (EV). Flexible charger amperage between 40A, 32A, and 16A.Tested and Certified to meet UL standards for safety (UL 2594, UL 2231-1&2). SAE-J1772 compliant for all current US electric vehicles. ENERGY STAR certified.
- SMART CHARGER: HomeStation is WiFi ready with app control and features the Electrify America app for managing your charger remotely at home, all while connecting to the largest public charging network in the country. Smart charging features include remote access control, remote start/stop, notifications/reminders, scheduled charging, and OTA updates.
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION OPTIONS: For easy installation, HomeStation Level 2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240 volt outlets commonly found in households. Weatherproof enclosure allows for indoor or outdoor installation. The unit can also be hardwired by a licensed electrician.
- 24 HOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Including 3-year limited warranty (Parts only).
- COMPATIBILITY: Electrify America Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger is compatible with all current US electric vehicles, including: Tesla Model S, Volkswagen ID.4, Ford Mach-E, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Audi e-tron, KIA Soul EV, BMW i3, VW e-Golf, Jaguar I-PACE, Hyundai Kona Electric.
- High-Speed Charging: When compared to the stock 8A level 1 charger, MEGEAR Skysword EV Charger is 3 times as fast with NEMA 6-20, leaving you with more time to get back on the road in your EV.
- Reliability to the Fullest: Our smart-chip detection system in MEGEAR Skysword electric vehicle charger can detect all aspects of the charging progress, including overheating, current overflow, power surge, low voltage, power overload, leakage to ensure safety and protection.
- Compatible with all EVs: MEGEAR Skysword ev charging station is compatible to all SAE J1772 standard electric vehicles and Tesla models (via SAE J1772 Charging Adapter).
- LED Indicator: Indicator on the back of MEGEAR Skysword portable EV Charger displays charging progress and errors.
- Warranty Information: All products come with a 2-Year Limited Warranty and Life-time technical support. If the product is damaged or lost the accessories during transportation, please contact us in time. We will resend replacement or accessories for you immediately.
- FAST CHARGING SPEEDS WITH UPGRADE VERSION: The MUSTART upgraded 40A level 2 EV charger which is more sturdy, contains more sensitive chips, higher waterproof level and better abrasion resistance, can charge your car up to 2.5X faster than the 16A level 2 EV charger. It is 5X faster than the 16A level 1 EV charger that most electric vehicles come with. (The actual working current it depends on your vehicle setting).
- SUPER COMPATIBLE: Works with most electric vehicles, the EVSE is compatible with all plug-in EVs. *Tesla requires a SAE J1772 adapter.
- 100% SATISFACTION: We are credit for your trust. Whenever your Mustart EV chargers have any problem or anything simply not meeting your needs, please contact us and we will provide a two-year warranty. (Used item comes with a one-year warranty.)
- CONVENIENT: Compact size with a total 25 feet charging cable for flexible installation and usability. All you need is just a 220 Volt or 240 Volt NEMA14-50 outlet to plug the charger into.
- HIGH QUALITY: This portable charging station is made to last with durability and reliability. It is lightening-proof and has leakage, overvoltage, overheat and overcurrent protection, so you can safely charge your vehicle.
- Up to 7x faster charge: High-power, 40 amperes, 10kW EV charging station. Indoor / outdoor installation. Built-in cable rack and security lock. UL listed. ENERGY STAR-certified. 3-year limited warranty for normal residential use.
- Convenient WiFi connectivity: With the free JuiceNet app, control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set reminders to charge, and more. Dynamic LED lights show charging status. Voice control via Amazon Echo / Alexa.
- Smart grid savings: Schedule your charging times when rates are lower — making your electric vehicle even cheaper to drive.
- Plug-in installation: Just install a simple NEMA 14-50R outlet and you're ready to plug in your JuiceBox. Compatible with some dryer outlets via available adapters.
- Rebates: Qualifies for local incentives in many utility service areas. Participate in the Enel X JuicePoints program to earn cash for smart charging in eligible geographies.
- Level 2 EV Charging: The MaxiCharger Home is a 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 (120 Volt) regular outlet charger. The ev charger power output range of 6 amps up to 50 amps allows you to choose the charging speed that fits your lifestyle and home.
- Smart and Convenient Mobile App: Manage your charging easily, intelligently, and insightfully. The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- Efficient Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- Durable and Safe: The MaxiCharger's durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4 protection rating, and certification by CSA testing labs, provide safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate. Equipped with a 20mA CCID to protect you from overvoltage.
- 3 Year Warranty and 24/7 Support: The MaxiCharger NEMA plug units are easily installed by a licensed electrician. Qualifies for local rebates and incentives with UL and CSA safety certifications performed by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). A 3-year warranty, automatic updates, and around-the-clock support from Autel's best-in-class customer service team will ensure a smooth and effortless onboarding and charging experience.
- Functions: The charger is a regular level 1 charger, Its maximum current is 15A, the maximum power is 1.8KW, and the applicable voltage range is 100-120V, it can used in all the ev cars.
- Portability:The charger with small size is easy to be carried to any where,you could take it to go on a picnic or travel.Only need a NEMA5-15 socket,you can charge any time
- Intelligent chips: Automatically repair minor charging problems while charging .The lights will blink in different ways to indicate different problems to help you know the charging situation right now
- Good quality :IP 65 means it can be used in rainy day outside and the structure is stable which is not easy to be damaged.
- CHARGES ALL EVs & PHEVs: Fully compatible with all Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles sold in the United States and Canada. Including: Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Ford Fusion, BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius, Tesla (with adapter).
- SUPER FAST CHARGING & EASY INSTALLATION: Charges up to 8x Faster than Standard AC Level 1 EV chargers for an additional estimated 25-35 miles of Range Per Hour. Engineered for ease of Installation with a Standard NEMA 6-50 plug and universal mounting bracket.
- SAFETY RATED & TESTED: Designed and tested to meet the nationally recognized UL (USA) & cUL (Canada) standards for safety. A must-have for electrical products installed in your home. NEMA 4 rated for Indoor/Outdoor use in all weather.
- ADJUSTABLE AMPERAGE & MODERN COMPACT DESIGN: Adjust the Max Current Output (32A, 24A, 16A) to Support Multiple Circuit Ratings (40A, 30A, 20A). Install in more locations with a slim, compact & modern design.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDED: One low price, no need to purchase other items. Includes: charging unit w/ 18 foot cable, NEMA 6-50 plug, universal mounting bracket, plug holster & user manual.
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.