NHTSA ID Number: 10176938
Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 48876
For 2013-2019 Ford Explorer vehicles that require rear wheel knuckle and bushing assembly repairs, dealers are advised to follow Workshop Manual (WSM) Procedures and use service parts recommended by Ford only. Ford has received reports of toe link failures after the installation of non-OEM cross-axial ball joints (aka bushings) in the rear wheel knuckle, and if service of the rear wheel knuckle and bushing assembly is required, the recommended repair is to replace the affected 5B758/9 as an assembly only. Refer to WSM, Section 204-02, and the Ford Service Parts Catalog as needed.
12 Affected Products
|FORD||EXPLORER POLICE INTERCEPT||2015-2019|
2013 – 2019 TRUCK: UB U502N EXPLORER
1 Associated Document
NHTSA ID Number: 10176117
Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 48821
For 2013-2019 Ford Explorer vehicles that require rear wheel knuckle and bushing assembly repairs, dealers are advised to follow Workshop Manual (WSM) Procedures and use service parts recommended by Ford only. Ford has received reports of toe link failures after the installation of non-OEM cross-axial ball joints in the rear wheel knuckle, and if service of the rear wheel knuckle and bushing assembly is required, the recommended repair is to replace the affected 5B758/9 assembly. Refer to WSM, Section 204-02, and the Ford Service Parts Catalog as needed.
1 Associated Document
- ALL-IN-ONE TOOL KIT: Everything you need for fast & effective front-wheel drive bearing removal and installation. Easily replaces wheel bearings while keeping the steering knuckle and strut assembled on the vehicle.
- INCREASE EFFICIENCY: Designed to work with the steering knuckle and strut assembly still on the vehicle, eliminating the need for front end alignment after service while reducing damage to the hub and bearings.
- ULTRA-DURABLE: Heavy-duty carbon steel construction with black anodic oxidation coating for ultimate rust-resistant performance.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with front-wheel drive hub bearing assembly parts on most front-wheel-drive American domestic and imported cars and small pickup trucks.
- PORTABLE CARRY CASE: Packed in a custom carry case with precision-sized storage slots for each component, made of premium ABS to protect and extend the life of your tools.
- INSTALL AND REMOVE BEARINGS AND BUSHINGS QUICKLY: Use the ABN Bearing Driver Set – 23 Piece SAE Removal & Installation Bushing Kit on your vehicles and farm equipment; Use to remove bearings without removing the entire knuckle, or to install bushings during a transmission rebuild; The bearing press kit can be used as a seal driver set, but is not recommended as a control arm bushing tool or for other suspension parts
- PERFECT SIZES: Includes 17 SAE bushing drivers – 13⁄16” x 15⁄16”, 7⁄8” x 1”, 15⁄16” x 1-1⁄16”, 1” x 1-1⁄8”, 1-1⁄16” x 1-3⁄16”, 1-1⁄8” x 1-1⁄4”,1-3⁄16” x 1-5⁄16”, 1-1⁄4” x 1-3⁄8”, 3⁄4” x 7⁄8”, 9⁄16” x 11⁄16”, 5⁄8” x 11⁄16”, 5⁄8” x 3⁄4”, 11⁄16” x 13⁄16”, 3⁄8” x 7⁄16”, 7⁄16” x 1⁄2”, 15⁄32” x 17⁄32”, 1⁄2” x 5⁄8”; These interchangeable internal bearing puller tools allow you to build the perfect size for your job
- BUILT TO LAST: Constructed of heavy-duty steel, the front wheel bearing puller set is designed for strength and durability; Each bushing removal tool features black oxide finish to resist rust and corrosion; Heavy-duty 10.1 x 6.8 x 2.4-inch (25.7 x 17.3 x 6.1 cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization; Each piece in this set is permanently marked with sizing and corresponds to labeled carrying case compartments for fast identification
- EASY TO USE: Simply select a bushing driver with an inner diameter that is smaller than the sleeve that you are installing and attach to the appropriate handle; Align and begin tapping the end of the handle gently with a hammer to insert the bushing, sleeve bearing, needle bearing, or some ball bearings; Cheaper and faster than hydraulic press
- CONTENTS: Front wheel bearing removal kit includes (17) SAE standard bushing, (3) driver handle rods, and a locking ring for each handle - 1/2"-20, 5/16”-24, 1/4"-28; Features large 7-inch (17.8 cm), medium 6-inch (15.2 cm), and small 5-inch (12.7 cm) driver handles with knurled ends for secure grip
- ESSENTIAL TOOL FOR BALL JOINT SERVICE - Use the ORION MOTOR TECH Ball Joint Press Set Ball Joint Tool / Bushing Removal Tool with 4WD Adapter to effortlessly remove press fit parts including ball joints, U-joints, brake anchor pins, and more on most 2-wheel drive (2WD) and 4-wheel drive (4WD) vehicles without removing the control arm from the vehicle.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE QUALITY AND DURABILITY - Off road weekend warriors, novices, and professional mechanics trust the ORION kit because ORION MOTOR TECH sources the highest quality components from around the world. Constructed from heavy-duty forged steel with black-oxide finish on adapters for maximum strength and longevity that resists rust and corrosion.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF VEHICLES - Fit most American domestic and imported 2-wheel drive (2WD) and 4-wheel drive (4WD) cars and light pickup trucks that have press-fit type ball joints, include 4-wheel drive (4WD) adapter that allows service for 1967 thru current 1/2 and 3/4 ton 4WD vehicles having the Dana 30 or 44 front axle (found on Ford, GM, Dodge, IHC and Jeep vehicles).
- CONVENIENTLY ORGANIZED IN CUSTOM MOLDED CASE - Ball joint press / bushing/ removal tool kit is enclosed inside a heavy-duty 11” x 3” x 15” inch (27.9cm x 7.6cm x 38.1cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case with handle for easy storage, safe storage, and quick organization. Package include: 3x Receiving Tube, 1x Removal Adapter, 1x Installation Adapter, 1x Screw, 1x Install Cup Adapter, 1x Forcing-screw Press, 1x Receiving Cup, 1x Installing Cup.
- ORION MOTOR TECH - We pursue outstanding quality and professional technical support. If you are not satisfied with this product or if you have any question, please feel free to let us know.
- UNIVERSAL SIZING: This Orion Motor Tech bushing removal tool kit includes 50 interchangeable discs to build 2,450 custom bushing driver variations so you always have the right size for the job.
- COMPLETE SET: The discs sizes range from 18mm (.7 inches) all the way to 65mm (2.51 inches) in 1mm increments plus 74mm (2.91 inches). All discs are connected with a 12mm (.47 inches) shaft and screw which quickly connects to a 180mm (7.08 inch) handle, making for a complete and effective wheel bearing driver set.
- EASY OPERATION: This auto tool kit includes a long handle shaft to simplify bearing race and seal replacement and help you remove or install wheel bearings quickly and professionally.
- HEAVY-DUTY DURABILITY: With ultra-strong carbon-steel construction and black anodic oxidation coating for rust-resistance, this mechanic toolset will stand up to years of heavy use.
- PROTECTIVE CARRYING CASE: Includes a heavy-duty, blow-molded case with precision-sized compartments for every piece - great for storage and transport while lengthening the life of the tool set.
- THE RIGHT SIZE: The Shankly bushing removal tool kit allows you to build your own custom bushing driver so you always have the right size for the job.
- COMPLETE SET: The discs go from 18mm (.7 inches) all the way to 65mm (2.51 inches) in 1mm increments plus 74mm (2.91 inches). All discs are connected with a 12mm (.47 inches) shaft and screw which quickly connects to a 180mm (7.08 inch) handle. Making the Shankly wheel bearing driver set complete and effective.
- INTERCHANGEABLE: All 50 pieces are interchangeable with each other so you get different sized variations in one set, allowing the mechanic to complete the job quickly, professionally and promptly. Complete set details in description below.
- IMPRESSIVE VARIATIONS: The Shankly bearing and seal driver set has 50 interchangeable discs, giving the user an amazing 2,450 different variations due to each of the 50 discs being interchangeable with each other.
- HEAVY DUTY, ORGANIZED CASE: Set comes in a heavy duty, blow molded case with compartments for every piece, making storage and transport easy and manageable.
- REMOVE AND INSTALL BUSHINGS: Use the ABN Master Bushing Driver 33-Piece Set – Metric & Standard SAE Removal & Installation Tool Kit on bushings, bearings, and seals ranging from 10mm to 42mm and 3/8 inch to 1-3/8 inch in diameter on your car, truck, farm tractor, lawn mower, construction equipment; Includes large 5.5-inch (14cm), medium 5-inch (12.7cm), and small 4-inch (10.2cm) driver handles with 1.5-inch (3.8cm) knurled ends and O-rings on other end to retain driver; All steel construction
- EASY TO USE: Simply install a driver (select based on the size of sleeve that is to be removed and replaced) on the appropriate handle (large side of driver away from handle), the larger outer diameter (OD) of the driver will catch the sleeve and pull it through, then tap the handle gently with a hammer
- VARIOUS SIZES INCLUDED: Metric – 10-12mm, 12-14mm, 14-16mm, 16-17mm, 16-18mm, 18-20mm, 20-22mm, 22-24mm, 25-27mm, 28-30mm, 30-34mm, 32-36mm, 35-40mm, 38-42mm; SAE – 3/8”x7/16”, 7/16”x1/2”, 1/2"x9/16”, 9/16”x5/8”, 39/64”x11/16”, 5/8”x3/4”, 11/16”x13/16”, 47/64”x7/8”, 13/16”x15/16”, 55/64”x1”, 15/16”x1-1/16”, 1”x1-1/8”, 1-1/16”x1-3/16”, 1-1/8”x1-1/4”, 1-3/16”x1-5/16”, 1-1/4”x1-3/8”
- EASY STORAGE: Heavy-duty 16.5” x 2.75” x 10.5” (41.9cm x 7cm x 26.7cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization; Each piece in this set is permanently laser-etched for sizing and corresponds to labeled carrying case compartment for fast identification
- CONTENTS: Package includes (30) drivers – 16 SAE standard and 14 metric, (3) handle rods, and (1) carrying case for your convenience
- VERSATILE PULLER SET: The OMT 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set with 5 lb slide hammer is ideal for many pulling applications like flange-type rear axles, most front-wheel drive hubs, pulling dents, and other press-fit parts (bearings, bushings, gears, pulleys, etc.).
- INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JAWS: Includes 2-jaw and 3-jaw pullers for internal and external work to provide a variety of combinations to pull bearing, gears, and seals. 2 and 3-way cross blocks and cone-type puller provide the perfect jaw configuration for most jobs.
- MULTI-FUNCTION: Includes a grip wrench adapter and a dent puller attachment for sheet metal or other unique pulling requirements. All the tools are contained in a heavy-duty organizer case to extend the life of your tools.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY: Built to last with rugged carbon steel alloy and chrome vanadium steel components, our tool kit can withstand accidental drops and years of heavy use without cracking or rusting.
- ALL-IN-ONE TOOL SET: Complete 15 piece set for a wide range of pulling applications, including: Slide Hammer, Puller Head, Pulling Adapter, Cross Block, Internal/External Puller Jaw, Hex Jaw Nuts & Screws (3), Vise-Grip Adapter (single-lead thread), Seal Hook, 3-Way Puller Head, Cone, Self-Tapping Screw and Retainer.
- APPLICATION-Puller Set is ideal for: Automotive flywheel, Motorcycle wheel, Bicycle wheel, Pump bearing generator bearing, Machine bearing etc
- SPCIAL 3 JAW-3 Jaw Gear Puller removes pilot bearings, pump bearings, brushings
- HIGH QUALITY-Qiilu 3 Jaw Extractor is corrosion-Resistant Black Oxide Finish. Forged and Heat Treated Steel Jaws.
- BEARING RANGE-Bearing Puller uses in removing all sleeve-type bearings from diameter 0.6" to 1-1/2" (16mm-38mm). Structure design, gently turning the small wrench can produce a strong pull force
- IDEA TOOL-Three Jaw Design Applies Even Pressure Preventing Damage to Bearings. The overall use of chromium vanadium just manufacturing, high hardness, good toughness, strong and durable.
- [Multi-functional Tool]: A multi functional skateboard T tool that allows you to adjust axle nuts, mounting hardware, and the kingpin nut on the top of the truck; which is perfect for completing skateboard assembly
- [All-in-One Design]: The all in one skate tool has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard. This skate tool works with all types of the skateboards,penny board and long boards, it can help change wheels, clean your bearing
- [Innovative Structure]: The skateboard T tool includes 3 different sizes of sockets(3/8", 1/2", 9/16") and a slide-out Phillips head wrench screwdriver that fits into the top of the handle when not in use
- [Lightweight and Portable]: It fits into most pockets easily so you can carry and use it everywhere when you need. The skateboard T tool only weights 0.26lbs, lightweight for easy on the go access
- [Package Content]: 1* T Allen Key;1* L Phillips Head Wrench Screwdriver; The skateboard tool comes with a pouch to store it when not in use
- Comprehensive kit to remove and install balljoints in the rear wheel carrier, balljoints and rubber bearings in the longitudinal arms, rear axle differential bearings on lower axle carrier and rear differential rubber bearings.
- Removal and installation of balljoints on the rear wheel carrier on: 5-Series: E39, E60, E61 and E70(X5); 6-Series: E63 and E64; 7-Series: E38, E65, E66 and E67; 8-Series: E31.
- Removal and installation of balljoints and rubber bearings on the longitudinal arms on: 3-Series:E36, E46 and E83; 5-Series: E39, E60, E61 and E70(X5); 6-Series: E63 and E64; 7-Series: E38, E65, E66 and E67; 8-Series: E31; Z4: E85 and E86.
- Removal and installation of rear axle differential rubber bearings on lower axle carrier on: 3-Series:E36, E46 and E83; 8-Series: E31; Z4: E85 and E86.
- Removal and installation of rear axle differential rubber bearings on: 1-Series:E81 and E87; 3-Series:E36, E46, E83, E90, E91, E92 and E93; 5-Series: E60 and E61; 6-Series: E63 and E64; 7-Series: E38, E65, E66 and E67; 8-Series: E31Z4: E85 and E86MINI Cooper S: R53.
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API