New England Wheels (New England) is recalling certain 2008, 2013 and 2014 Ford E-250 vehicles modified to be equipped with Ricon Wheelchair lifts. The wheelchair lift positioning input cam may fail while the lift is in use, allowing the platform to travel higher than the vehicle’s floor height. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 403, “Platform Lift Systems.”
New England has notified owners, and Ricon dealers will replace the lift positioning input cam, free of charge. The recall began on March 18, 2019. Owners may contact Ricon customer service at 1-800-322-2884 or New England customer service at 1-978-663-9724.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
March 26, 2019
- 42" Long loading ramp for easy loading
- Maximum weight limit: 400lbs
- Reflectors built in for safe driving
- Loading ramp folds up towards the carrier platform
- The entire wheelchair carrier folds up towards the vehicle
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- For scooter or powerchair transport up to 42" x 27" wheelbase
- Works with Class II, III, or IV vehicle hitch receivers
- Includes self-tension retractors, manual crank backup, license plate holder
- Safely supports up to a maximum 350 lbs
- Durable and reliable construction - Made in the USA
- PREMIUM MATERIAL LIFT SLING TRANSFER BELT: Constructed with strong nylon webbing, the belt stitching is reinforced for exceptional durability. The transfer gait belt back is four inches wide to provide a comfortable experience with greater area of contact to easily disperse pressure. The extra width also enables the belt to handle a higher weight load and not ride up on the patient's sides.
- MAKES TRANSFERS EASIER: Simple, lightweight and convenient. Aids with transitions from bed, chair, car, walker, bathroom, etc. Versatile-use to also help re position in bed, chair.
- HELPS PREVENT CAREGIVER STRAIN: The most common injuries caregivers experience are to the back, neck, and shoulders, often caused by lifting/ pulling motions. Proper use of the Transfer Belt/Sling by Shorewood Medical can help prevent these strains.
- COMFORTABLE, WIDE DESIGN: Non slip and PADDED. Unlike some belts, which can be difficult to fasten and put force on a small area, this Transfer sling/belt is wide and comfortable and won't slide up.
- WARRANTY: If you are not satisfaction with our transfer aid sling in anytime, feel free to contact us, you will get a full refund or a new replacement with no question asked.
- Transfer seat that is more stable and safer than a transfer board.
- Helps caregivers safely assist passengers while entering and exiting a vehicle.
- Fits most sedans and lower height SUV's and crossover vehicles. Please check the seat measurement photos to ensure fit and compatibility with your vehicle.
- Durable engineering and stainless steel components with patented latching system.
- Health & Flexible savings account eligible.
- TRANSPORTS MOST SCOOTERS & WHEELCHAIRS: Maneuvering a wheelchair can be difficult enough on its own. Transporting it shouldn't bring you extra stress. Our medical rack can support most power scooters and electric wheelchairs. Just load your wheelchair onto this mobile ramp and you're ready to go! Experience it for yourself. Order today.
- EASY USE: This mobility ramp is for use with 2" class III or IV trailer hitches. It is not for use with 1 1/4-inch hitches. It can fold up flat and vertically against the rear of the vehicle when not in use. The ramp features a quick action spring pull pin that secures the ramp for transport, making travel more convenient for you.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Steel is a metal that is renowned for its ability to bear heavy loads. Our mobile ramp is constructed from heavy-duty steel, giving it an impressive weight capacity of 500 pounds. Because it's made of steel, it will resist corrosion, bending, and bowing. This foldable carrier can give you several years of use.
- MEASUREMENTS: The MC500 carrier weighs approximately 86 pounds. It measures at 46.5 inches in length and 28 inches in width. It has a tray depth of 4 1/4 inches. Your mobile scooter or wheelchair will fit nicely on the tray. The ramp's compact size is perfect for travel and transportation. It won't feel bulky or overbearing whenever you drive.
- ABOUT TITAN: At Titan, we pride ourselves in our excellent communication capabilities. We are a company that is based in the USA and are always willing to answer questions if you need to contact us. We're proud to offer a 1-year warranty and If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we provide a money-back guarantee.
- Carry scooters and wheelchairs behind any vehicle with a Class III or IV 2" hitch receiver
- Folds upright against vehicle when not in use and includes ten tie-down points for maximum security
- Includes a three-position, folding loading ramp, anti-rattle device, and 5/8" hitch pin
- Manufactured from durable, powder-coated steel with a 500 lb. weight capacity
- Platform measures 48" L x 28" W; ramp measures 59.125" L x 27.5" W
- MADE WITH HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - The Stand Assist's sturdy, steel design provides maximum strength while the base with locking rear casters, black non-slip foot rests and dual grab bars provide the user with additional safety and security. First choice for any fall prevention with a maximum weight capacity of 400 lb. while allowing the user to actively participate in the transfer. The Pivit Stand Assist is designed for residents who have the strength and stability to lift and support themselve
- MAINTAIN YOUR INDEPENDENCE IN THE HOME YOU LOVE - The Pivit Stand Assist is a transport-assistance unit that keeps your loved one actively engaged in the transport process. All transport functions are quick, convenient and require minimal caregiver assistance. This fall-prevention device was designed for not just the elderly, but caregivers as well. It is the perfect solution for transferring patients in small rooms with low beds. Restores activity that was once gated no need for draw sheets, ga
- OUTSTANDING COMFORT - The Stand Assist features dual knee pads and a seat for comfortable transport improving both the user and caregiver's safety. The folding padded split seat swings out to allow loading and unloading, then swings back to form a comfortable and stable transport seat. A padded shin brace for secure a stable transport. Transports have additional attachment hooks for a support straps are also optional raising belt for stand transfer.
- PERFECT FOR ANY HOME - Fits easily through narrow doorways and has transport function of all kinds that're quick, convenient and require minimal caregiver assistance to easily get your loved one moving and walking again get to the bath, couch, walker, cane, bath benches or shower chairs. The Stand Assist equipment is lightweight and easily transfers the patient from a sitting to a standing position and visa versa. This stand assist the perfect blend of form and function for patient transfers.
- COST-EFFECTIVE - This is an affordable alternative to an electric sit-to-stand lifts and is quickly becoming the most popular medical lifting aid solution for at-home care with little training needed. Our design is so simple and reliable for not only doctors, nurses, EMTs, physical therapists but at home too. Easy to bth service and disassemble.
- Heavy Duty Steel Construction
- Durable Black Powder Coated Finish...Easy To Lift Ramp
- Folding Ramp Can Also Be Locked Flat When Not In Use
- Heavy Duty Folding Hitch Makes Our Carrier More Rigid And Stronger
- Weight Capacity Of Ramp: Up To 400 Lbs..Fits All 2" Receiver, Hitch Class III Or IV
Last update on 2019-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API