|HIGH EFFORT TO ACTIVATE HORN – VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 10/19/2005|
|FORD:||2005-2006 Crown Victoria|
|LINCOLN:||2005-2006 Town Car|
|MERCURY:||2005-2006 Grand Marquis|
Clean the horn contacts.
- Remove driver air bag.
- Apply PM-4, Motorcraft Metal Brake Parts Cleaner onto a plastic scouring pad.
- Wipe the four (4) copper contacts on the steering wheel with the plastic scouring pad until the copper rivets appear shiny.
- Wipe the four (4) horn contact points on the rear of the air bag module with the plastic scouring pad and PM-4 cleaner to remove any residue.
- Apply PM-4 cleaner onto a soft clean cloth and wipe off all four (4) contact points on the steering wheel and the four (4) contact points on the rear of the air bag module.
- Wipe all eight (8) contact points with a clean cloth to remove any remaining residue until all surfaces are clean and dry.
- Paint the rivets of the steering wheel with PM-11, Motorcraft Rear Window Defroster Repair. Apply a minimum of three (3) coats to each rivet. Ensure the coats are applied smoothly without lumps or globs.
NOTE: TO ENSURE PROPER ELECTRICAL PERFORMANCE OF THE PM-11, YOU MUST SHAKE THE BOTTLE TO THOROUGHLY MIX THE SILVER PAINT JUST PRIOR TO EACH APPLICATION.
- Ensure that the steering wheel/air bag wiring is pushed down into the lower cavity and will not restrict the air bag movement.
- Reinstall the driver air bag. Verify proper horn operation.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|PM-4||Motorcraft Metal Brake Parts Cleaner|
|PM-11||Motorcraft Rear Window Defroster Repair|
TriNova Leather Cleaner for Couch, Car Interior, Bags, Jackets, Saddles. Safe for use in Home or Car, Microfiber Included 18oz
Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and Sponge Kit, For Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Auto Interiors, Shoes, Handbags and Accessories