|DULL CLICK/POP NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN TURNING – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 3/28/2008|
The most common maneuvers are:
- Entering or exiting a driveway or parking lot approach that causes the front suspension to compress during sharp turns.
- Driving over bumps, at slow speeds, with multiple passengers and turning sharply.
Trim the inner fender splash shields to prevent contact.
- Inspect inner fender splash shield for witness marks in the areas indicated. (Figures 1 and 2)
- Remove the inner fender splash shields.
- Mark the indicated area 13/32″ X 7 7/8″ (10 mm x 200 mm). (Figures 1 and 2)
- Trim off marked section with a sharp utility knife. Trimming by other methods may result in a rough or jagged finished edge.
- Install the inner fender splash shields.