Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Is the instrument panel warped around the passenger air bag trim cover?
- Yes – proceed to step 2.
- For instrument panel surface preparation, and adhesive product preparation, refer to the kit instruction sheet included with the adhesive product.
- Remove and discard any large pieces of loose instrument panel foam.
- Using a 3M adhesive and application gun or equivalent, apply the adhesive to the underside of the warped section or sections of the instrument panel. Make sure the adhesive does not drip onto the air bag wiring.
- Clamp the instrument panel for 30 minutes. A clean piece of wood, such as a paint stir stick, can be used for even clamping. (Figure 1)
- Remove the clamps. Trim any excess adhesive to allow the passenger air bag trim cover to fit flush.
- If the passenger air bag trim cover is warped or peeling, it can be replaced. Refer to WSM, Section 501-20.
|Part Number||Part Description|
|08107||3M Universal Adhesive Clear|
|08190||3M Performance Manual Applicator Gun|
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|6E5Z-5404338-BB||Passenger Air Bag Trim Cover – Charcoal Black|
|6E5Z-5404338-BA||Passenger Air Bag Trim Cover – Camel|