|AWD – LEAK FROM PTU – BUILT ON OR BEFORE 12/11/2013|
|FORD:||2013-2014 Explorer, Taurus|
This concern may be due to a PTU vent hose which is missing or disconnected.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Is the PTU equipped with a jiggle cap style vent assembly?
- Yes – this article does not apply. Refer to WSM for normal diagnostics.
- No – proceed to step 3.
- Is the PTU vent hose missing or disconnected?
- Yes – install a new hose.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to WSM for normal diagnostics.
- Clean fluid residue from the vehicle by applying Motorcraft Metal Brake Parts Cleaner or equivalent on a rag and wiping the area clean.
- Use caution not to introduce brake cleaner into the PTU fluid.
- Fill the PTU to specifications. Refer to WSM for correct procedure.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DB5Z-7034-C||Valve Assembly – Vent (Ti-VCT)|
|DG1Z-7034-F||Valve Assembly – Vent (GTDI)|
|XY-75W140-QL||Motorcraft SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Rear Axle Lubricant|
|PM4A||Motorcraft Metal Brake Parts Cleaner|