April 24, 2018
This program extends the warranty coverage of the reductant heater and sender assembly to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through December 31, 2018. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
NOTE: This program does not apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty should be claimed using existing published labor operation codes.
VEHICLES COVERED BY THIS PROGRAM
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|F-250 – F-550||2011-2012||Kentucky Truck||August 24, 2009 through October 23, 2012|
|F-450 – F-550||2013-2015||Kentucky Truck||April 16, 2012 through December 9, 2014|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS.
REASON FOR PROVIDING EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE
In some of the affected vehicles, the reductant heater and sender assembly may fail causing the malfunction indictor lamp (MIL) to illuminate and, in some instances, may cause the engine to go into a reduced power de-rate strategy. If this condition exists, diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) related to the reductant heater and sender assembly will be present in the powertrain control module.
If an affected vehicle exhibits this condition, dealers are to service the reductant heater and sender system following the instructions in the technical information section of this bulletin. This service must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.
OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE
Owner Letters are expected to be mailed the week of June 25, 2018. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that have the MIL illuminated with DTC’s related to the reductant heater and sender assembly whether or not the customer has received a letter.
Attachment I: Administrative Information
Attachment II: Labor Allowances and Parts Ordering Information
Attachment III: Technical Information
Owner Notification Letter
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
David J. Johnson
OASIS will be activated on April 24, 2018.
FSA VIN LISTS ACTIVATION
FSA VIN Lists will not be activated for this service action.
- Only owners with affected vehicles that exhibit the covered condition will be directed to dealers for repairs.
- Dealers are to prioritize repairs of customer vehicles over repairs of new and used vehicle inventory.
- Do not perform this program unless the affected vehicle exhibits the covered condition.
TITLE BRANDED / SALVAGED VEHICLES
Title branded, salvaged vehicles and vehicles with cancelled warranty coverage are eligible for this program unless emission coverage is explicitly cancelled, as indicated by one of the following OASIS Warranty Cancellation Messages only:
- SCRAPPED UNIT – ALL WARRANTY CANCELLED – TOTAL INCLUDING EMISSIONS
- ALL WARRANTY CANCELLED INCLUDING EMISSIONS
- Ford Motor Company is offering a refund for owner-paid repairs covered by this program if the repair was performed before the date of the Owner Notification Letter. This refund offer expires December 31, 2018.
- Dealers are also pre-approved to refund owner-paid emergency repairs that were performed away from an authorized servicing dealer after the date of the Owner Notification Letter. There is no expiration date for emergency repair refunds. Non-covered repairs, or those judged by Ford to be excessive, will not be reimbursed.
- Refunds will only be provided for the cost associated with replacing the reductant heater and sender assembly.
The use of rental vehicles is not approved for this program.
ADDITIONAL REPAIR (LABOR TIME AND/OR PARTS)
Additional repairs identified as necessary to complete the FSA should be managed as follows:
- For related damage and access time requirements, refer to the Warranty and Policy Manual – Section 6 – Ford/Lincoln Program Policies – Field Service Actions (FSA) – Related Damage.
- For vehicles within new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, no SSSC approval is required.
- Ford vehicles – 3 years or 36,000 miles
- For vehicles outside new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, submit an Approval Request to the SSSC Web Contact Site prior to completing the repair.
CLAIMS PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- This program does not apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty should be claimed using published labor operation codes.
- Enter claims using Dealer Management System (DMS) or One Warranty Solution (OWS) online.
- When entering claims, select claim type 31: Field Service Action. The FSA number (18M01) is the sub code.
- For additional claims preparation and submission information, refer to the Recall and Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) Repairs in the OWS User Guide.
- Additional labor and/or parts must be claimed as related damage on a separate repair line from the FSA. IMPORTANT: Click the radio button on the Related Damage Indicator.
- Submit refunds on a separate repair line.
- Program Code: 18M01 – Misc. Expense: ADMIN
- Misc. Expense: REFUND – Misc. Expense: 0.2 Hrs.
- Multiple refunds should be submitted on one repair line and the invoice details for each repair should be detailed in the comments section of the claim.
|Description||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|2011-2014 Super Duty (All Configurations)||18M01B||0.7 Hours|
|2011-2014 Super Duty Pickup||18M01C||1.9 Hours|
|2011-2014 Chassis Cab – Inboard Reductant Tank
|2011-2014 Chassis Cab – Outboard Reductant Tank||18M01E||1.5 Hours|
|2015 Super Duty (All Configurations)||18M01F||0.4 Hours|
|2015 Super Duty Pickup||18M01G||1.6 Hours|
|2015 Chassis Cab – Inboard Reductant Tank||18M01H||1.6 Hours|
|2015 Chassis Cab – Outboard Reductant Tank||18M01J||1.3 Hours|
Extra time to R&I fuel tank shield (if equipped) to access lifting points
|Vehicle||Labor Operation||Labor Time|
|Non-FX4 package vehicles||18M01K||0.1|
|FX4 package vehicles only||18M01L||0.3|
PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION
Less than 14% of the vehicle population covered by this program is expected to require reductant heater and sender assembly replacement.
|Part Number||Description||Order Quantity||Claim Quantity|
|BC3Z-5J225-L||Reductant Heater and Sender Assembly (Pickup)||1||1|
|BC3Z-5J225-M||Reductant Heater and Sender Assembly (Chassis Cab)||1||1|
|PM-27||Motorcraft Diesel Exhaust Fluid*||Up to 5 gallons|
The DOR/COR number for this recall is 51121.
Order your parts through normal order processing channels. To guarantee the shortest delivery time, an emergency order for parts must be placed.
This customer satisfaction program extends the warranty coverage of the reductant heater and sender assembly. If any Diagnostic trouble codes (DTC’s) remain after preforming this procedure, proceed with normal workshop manual diagnosis outside of this customer satisfaction program.
Recommended Tool List:
|General Tools||General Equipment|
|1/2″ Drive Ratchet (Power and Hand Tool)||Light|
|1/2″ Drive Extension 10 in (25 cm)||Transmission Jack|
|1/2″ Drive 13mm Shallow Socket|
|1/2″ Drive Torque Wrench||Special Tools|
|3/8″ Drive Ratchet (Power and Hand Tool)||310-069 Wrench, Fuel Tank Sender Unit|
|3/8″ Drive Torque Wrench||391-24226 Rotunda DEF Extractor or Equivalent|
|3/8″ Drive Extension 10 in (25 cm)|
|3/8″ Drive 10mm Shallow Socket|
|1/4″ Drive Ratchet (Power and Hand Tool)|
|1/4″ Drive Torque Wrench|
|1/4″ Drive 5.5 mm Shallow Socket|
|1/4″ Drive 5/32 Hex Bit|
- Using an Integrated Diagnostic Scan Tool (IDS) perform a key on engine off self test on the PCM. Are any DTC’s present related to the reductant heater and sender assembly?
- Yes – Proceed to Step 2.
- No – This program does not apply.
- Determine the appropriate repair based on what DTC’s are present.
- If DTC P2043 is the only DTC present related to the reductant heater and sender assembly, proceed to the PCM Reprogramming procedure on Page 2.
- If DTC’s P205C, P205D, or any other DTC’s related to the reductant heater and sender assembly are present, replace the reductant heater and sender assembly. Please follow the Workshop Manual (WSM) procedures in Section 303-08 then proceed to the PCM Reprogramming procedure on Page 2.
NOTE: Reprogram appropriate vehicle modules before performing diagnostics and clear all DTCs after programming. For DTCs generated after reprogramming, follow normal diagnostic service procedures.
- Connect a battery charger to the 12V battery.
- Reprogram the PCM using Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release 109.01 or higher.
NOTE: Follow the IDS on-screen instructions to complete the reprogramming procedure.
- Disconnect the battery charger from the 12V battery once the reprogramming has completed.
Important Information for Module Programming
NOTE: When programming or reprogramming a module, use the following basic checks to ensure programming completes without errors.
- Make sure the 12V battery is fully charged before carrying out the programming steps and connect IDS/scan tool to a power source.
- Inspect Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) and cables for any damage. Make sure scan tool connections are not interrupted during programming.
- A hardwired connection is strongly recommended.
- Turn off all unnecessary accessories (radio, heated/cooled seats, headlamps, interior lamps, HVAC system, etc.) and close doors.
- Disconnect/depower any aftermarket accessories (remote start, alarm, power inverter, CB radio, etc.).
- Follow all scan tool on-screen instructions carefully.
- Disable IDS/scan tool sleep mode, screensaver, hibernation modes.
- Create all sessions key on engine off (KOEO). Starting the vehicle before creating a session will cause errors within the programming inhale process.
Recovering a module when programming has resulted in a blank module:
NEVER DELETE THE ORIGINAL SESSION!
a. Obtain the original IDS that was used when the programming error occurred during module reprogramming (MR) or programmable module installation (PMI).
b. Disconnect the VCM from the data link connector (DLC) and the IDS.
d. Locate the original vehicle session when programming failed. This should be the last session used
in most cases. If not, use the session created on the date that the programming failed.
NOTE: If the original session is not listed in the previous session list, click the Recycle Bin icon at the lower right of the previous session screen. This loads any deleted sessions and allows you to look through them. Double-click the session to restore it.
e. Once the session is loaded, the failed process should resume automatically.
f. If programming does not resume automatically, proceed to the Module Programming menu and select the previously attempted process, PMI or MR.
g. Follow all on-screen prompts/instructions.
h. The last screen on the IDS may list additional steps required to complete the programming process.
Make sure all applicable steps listed on the screen are followed in order.
Customer Satisfaction Program 18M01
|Diagnostic Software||Interface Device||Complete Vehicle Diagnostics||Module Programming|
|IDS/FDRS||VCM, VCM II, VCMM||X||X||X||X|
|FJDS/FDRS||Compatible J2534 Devices
(Including VCM II and VCMM)
Detailed system requirements, installation, and support information for each product is located under the diagnostics tool support tab for each product.
For use with VCM I, VCM II, VMM and VCMM hardware devices only. The complete factory Ford Motor Company vehicle diagnostic tool that provides complete dealership level vehicle diagnostic coverage for all 1996 to present Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. The IDS software includes time based access to the IDS software, software updates and calibration files.
For use with compatible J2534 hardware devices. FJDS software provides Ford Module Programming functionality that covers 1996 to present Ford, Lincoln and Mercury module reprogramming functions, plus complete dealership level vehicle diagnostic software for all 2018 to present Ford and Lincoln vehicles. The FJDS software license includes time based access to the FJDS software, software updates and calibration files.
|CarDAQ-Plus 2 Diagnostic Code Reader and J2534 Programming Tool|
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro USB to CAN ISO9141 Interface|
Module Build Data (As-Built)
Use VIN to obtain As-Built data
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- TOP-LEVEL HEAVY TRUCK DIAGNOSIS: Want to diagnose different kinds of vehicles? Autel MaxiSysCV that comes with J2534 ECU Programming Device is the diagnostic tool you need! You can use comprehensive diagnostic functions including ECU Information, Trouble Codes, Live Data, Active Test, and Special services for Experts (Allison, Bendix, Caterpillar, Volvo, Freightliner, etc.), Buses (Volvo, Hino, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.) and even Trucks (Volvo, Dodge, Ford, Foton, Mack, etc.).
- CODING FOR OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE: With Autel MS908CV, Optimizing vehicle performance is not that hard! The 100% safe ECU Coding allows you to change options within the vehicle’s ECU to modify features for the tested vehicle. Note: Coding only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software. High Beams and Fog Lights Together Double Blink Hazards Digital Accurate MPH Gauge Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- SERVICE FUNCTIONS FOR FAST MAINTENANCE: You can complete a series of scheduled services and maintenance with only one MaxiSysCV. Free from the trouble of changing basic OBD2 scanners frequently to get related services. The most commonly performed service functions include Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, IMMO & Keys, Injector, Throttle and more.
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY: No fuss with complex operations! The user-friendly MaxiSysCV diagnostic tool reduces your fatigue. AutoVIN Scan allows you to check all the ECUs of the tested car in less than 1 seconds. Remote Desk Operation offers workshops a channel of controlling customers’ MaxiSys tablets for immediate technical support. Data/Shop Manager reduces the time spent on managing diagnostic files, workshop information, and more.
- POINTS FOR AFTER SERVICES: 1.About Quality: Autel MaxiSysCV is designed with advanced configuration (Android4.0 OS, Samsung Exynos 4-Core Processor, etc.) for smooth and reliable using. 2.About Warranty & Update: Within one year, Products with defectives in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge and It’s free to update the software at regular intervals to increase MS908CV’s capabilities. 3. About Service: Autel is ready to answer any questions 7* 24 hours.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues. We welcome you to contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A for your specific need.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.12-month free updates，basic functions could still be used without updates.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance. To check compatibility, contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A, we will reply you in time.
- Multi-ADD ONS:This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras for vehicle’s electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces. We offer you a free ArtiBattery101, making you easily get the Battery Test Results. This car battery Tester is recommended by Soctty Kilmer and BestReviews. It can directly detect the battery data and give suggestions on whether to replace the battery. It also has cranking test and charging system test.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: Worked with J2534 Pass-thru device, MaxiSys Elite is capable of ECU programming for Benz and BMW.
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Available for over 80 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles with full OBD functions, 11 reset functions and full systems diagnoses
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Worked with MaxiScope basic kit MP408, MaxiSys Elite provides users with an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Remote Tech Support for real-time software update notifications via internet. Interactive Data Logging Sessions for direct contact with Autel. One-stop multitasking for ideal management of data
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGNS: MaxiSys Elite is with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing. MP408 features color coded 4-channel control panel and one-click auto setup of voltage scale and time base
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via [email protected] Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
- SUPPORTED MODELS - Compatible All 1998-2018 TOYOTA/LEXUS/SCION vehicles,For few functions on few old cars(such as before 2005),We recommend to use firmware V2.0.4 cable
- Wireless connection - simple plug and play configuration Upgraded support includes 802 11bgn
- High Speed USB 2 0 Connection with improved protection and faster performance
- Improved stability during engine crank with extended temperature range
- Enclosure design protects from exposure to fluids and drops
- Additional vehicle communications protocols include upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses SAE J2534 and ISO-22900 compliant
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- One year warranty
Last update on 2020-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API