July 17, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V413000
Skin contact with certain areas of the cabin interior floor or seat attachments in these high temperature conditions may cause injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V413
Manufacturer Ford Motor Company
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,229
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021 F-650 and F-750 trucks equipped with 7.3L gasoline engines. The underbody heat shield and other heat-protection components were not installed during assembly. Without these components, the interior cabin floor and seat attachments may reach elevated temperatures in certain driving conditions.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install the missing underbody heat shield, thermal insulator patch, seat base covers, and seat bolt covers, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin August 3, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 20S36.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20S36
Certain 2021 Model Year Medium Duty Trucks equipped with 7.3L Engine
Cabin Floor and Seat Mount Thermal Management Repairs
|Vehicle||Model Year||Assembly Plant||Build Dates|
|Medium Duty||2021||Ohio||March 13, 2019 through June 8, 2020|
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL
The affected vehicles may have a missing under body heat shield, thermal insulator patch under the floor mat, or covers for the seat bolts and the seat pedestal. This may cause elevated temperatures on the interior cabin floor or seat attachments during certain high load and high ambient temperature driving conditions. Contact with exposed skin at these locations could cause skin irritation and/or a minor burn.
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this safety recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers late 3rd quarter when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall.
IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail week of August 3, 2020 indicating that parts are not yet available to repair vehicles.
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
For questions and assistance, contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) via the SSSC Web Contact Site. The SSSC Web Contact Site can be accessed through the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website using the SSSC link listed at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen or listed under the SSSC tab.
David J. Johnson
Ford Media Center
FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES THREE SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA
Jul 21, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.
DEARBORN, Mich., July 21, 2020 – Ford Motor Company is issuing three safety recalls in North America.
Safety recall for select 2016-20 Lincoln MKX and Nautilus vehicles with 16-way power seats In affected vehicles, there may be insufficient clearance between the driver and/or front passenger seat wiring harness and the seat cushion pan, which could cause wiring harness abrasion. If certain wires in the seat wiring harness are damaged through contact with the seat cushion frame, the airbag system may not perform as intended in some circumstances, increasing the risk of injuries.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition. This action affects 19,299 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories, 4,262 in Canada and 1,023 in Mexico.
Affected vehicles were built at Oakville Assembly Plant from Nov. 11, 2014, to Jan. 24, 2020.
Dealers will install flocking tape on the exposed edge of the 16-way seat cushion frames, inspect the wire harness, and repair or replace as needed. The Ford reference number for this recall is 20S37.
Affected vehicles were built without certain thermal protection components intended to reduce the interior cabin floor and seat attachment temperatures. These missing components may include an underbody heat shield, a thermal insulator patch under the floor mat, or covers for the seat bolts and seat pedestal. In vehicles built without these thermal protection components, the interior cabin floor and seat attachments could reach elevated temperatures during certain highload, high ambient temperature driving conditions. Continuous skin contact with elevated temperatures may lead to skin irritation or a minor burn.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition. This action affects 1,299 vehicles in the U.S. and 31 in Canada.
Affected vehicles were built at Ohio Assembly Plant from March 18, to June 8, 2020.
In affected vehicles, the curtain airbag may not inflate properly during deployment, increasing the risk of injury during a crash.
Ford is not aware of any reports of accident or injury related to this condition. This action affects 68 vehicles in the U.S. and 12 in Canada.
Affected vehicles are as follows:
- 2020 Ford Escape vehicles built at Louisville Assembly Plant on March 18, 2020
- 2020 Ford Transit vehicles built at Kansas City Assembly Plant from Feb. 18 to March 19, 2020.
Dealers will replace the curtain airbag modules. The Ford reference number for this recall is 20S35.
2 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Notification re NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20S36 Certain 2021 Model Year Medium Duty Trucks equipped with 7.3L Engine Cabin Floor and Seat Mount Thermal Management Repairs
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- Perfect for use on bare or primed metal underbodies of cars, trucks, trailers, RVs and more
- Professional-grade formula provides superior protection against corrosion and damage from water, salt and other chemicals
- Dries to the touch in 1 hour and covers up to 10-15 sq. ft. per can
- Undercoating helps deaden sound and reduce damage to parts
- Features a wide, comfort spray tip and any-angle spray technology for easy painting even upside down
- Can be used on cars, trucks and recreational vehicles
- Black protective coating helps prevent damage from corrosion
- Sound-deadening properties help reduce road noise
- No-run formula for clean application
- Use on cars, trucks, and recreational vehicles
- Coating helps prevent damage corrosion
- Helps reduce road noise
- Clean application
- Under coating for spray gun-1 Gallon
- 24"-Long Tube With Conical Nozzle Reaches In To Spray Coating In A Radial Pattern For Complete Coverage
- Internal Frame Coating Destroys Rust Hiding Inside The Chassis, So It Doesn’t Rust Its Way Through
- Tough Phenolic Resin Penetrates And Encapsulates The Rust On The Internal Surface
- Zinc Phosphate Seals It To Prevent Future Corrosion
- Fully Cures In 24 Hours
- Flexible rubberized coating resists weathering, salt spray, chipping and dust
- Fully paintable and texturized to match OEM paint finishes for higher customer satisfaction
- Forms electromechanical barrier against rust, limiting comebacks
- Like applying a layer of rubber to areas most exposed to weather and wear
- Protects fenders, frames, fuel tanks, door panels, rocker panels, hoods and firewalls against moisture, road salt and corrosion
- Won't sag or drip
- Sound-proofs and insulates
- Body shop proven
- Suggested Applications: Wheel wells, rocker panels, frames and underbody, body repairs, rust holes, tree pruning, driveway cracks, minor repairs, post preserver
- Quantity of (12) cans: 15 OZ, Black Rubberized Undercoating
- An Easy To Use, Black Protective Coating
- Protects Metal Surfaces From Corrosion & Moisture
- Trusted Rust Preventive Formula Provides A Barrier From Rust On Cars, Trucks, Trailers & Other Recreational Vehicles
- For Best Results Apply 2 Coats
- Undercoating provides a tough barrier and protects metal from road debris
- An aerosol undercoating with smooth texture in two forms, paintable and non-paintable
- Multi-purpose undercoating may be applied to cars, trucks and recreational vehicles
- Hides welding marks and other repairs
- Sound dampening properties help reduce road noise
- Corrosion proof
- Quick dry
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
Last update on 2020-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API